Answer
ChicDabbler
SO expensive but so worth it?
[ Edited ]

Ok, so aside from Clarasonic, I was wondering what's the most expensive skincare/cosmetic product that you hate because it cost SO much but you keep buying it or is saving up for it because you love it so so much!

You know, some ridiculous moisturizer like La Mer, or lip balm, or foundation, or powder.

For me, I'm curious about Koh Gen Do and SK-II products, but their skincare and powder stuff are sooo expensive.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 9
lylysa
Answered

by HALL OF FAMERbeautytester 10 minutes ago - last edited 8 minutes ago

I come from a very conservative culture, and while what you say may be ok in France, it is considered offensive in my culture. Do NOT ever call me dear or babe or imply I am your lover or anything closer than an online friend. I would much rather be called a pétasse or conasse than those, that's how offensive they are. What may be normal in your culture is not okay with me or my culture. I have tolerated you writing off common internet courtesy and my culture as just me being "testy", but I ask you to please treat me as an acquaintance or friend on a professional level. If you continue to treat me thus and flirt with me, I will report your posts and ignore you. Consider this your only and final warning.

--------------------

I feel what beautytester has to say is quite valid and needs to be shared more than just a hidden comment on a response, but rather shown in full on her thread as well.

Antoine, again, though you may be jesting and having a play on words with her pen name and then stating she's no longer 'testy", this is one of those jokes that come across as "a little too soon". If you two are playing nice, then why rock the boat with a comment like that?

cherrybombtastic
Answered

The Murad Oil-Control Mattifier is expensive in my opinion, but it helps with controlling oiliness. I feel like they should knock off $5-7 because you can technically only use it during the day time but not night time, since it contains SPF.

lowrah
Answered

Yep, the Clarisonic. I got a sweet package deal from Sephora last winter for it.

A thing that I hate how expensive is is the Fresh Sugar lip balm (brown tube). $22 isn't a lot, but for lip balm that is an insane amount. It's so addictive though. Luckily, I still have a tiny amount from the Sun Safety Kit (already blew through the birthday one).

makeupobesessed
Answered

I would either love to buy the gel nail thingy or the teeth whitener. Neither can I afford to splurge on...

lylysa
Answered

I say it's worth it, I myself have used it and love it, I've held off on buying one, but this Christmas I may cave it.

I justify it as being a skinc are tool that can be utilized with other skin care products, so at least it serves a function and can be used with many face washes. Compared to just a facial wash on its own.

Plus the kits Sephora has are killer!

beautylovingirl
Answered

Mine is my TNS recovery serum from Skin medica 250.00 an ounce and I do hate spending that much until I see the results daily that I'm getting.:smileyhappy:

prettyinpa
Answered
I've resisted the siren call of the LaMer moisturizer, though the hype for it certainly makes it sound like I'll look like a prune if I don't rush out and get some.

I guess the $25 brushes for the Clarisonic every 3 months is pretty costly and I like some of the Kinerase deep line treatment products which are very pricey, so I guess those are my downfall.

Great post!
antoine0000
Answered
(0) Hearts

@beaty tester

Please check your PM there is something in there plesee. Thank you in advance,
Antoine

antoine0000
Answered
(0) Hearts

beautytester wrote:

Ok, so aside from Clarasonic, I was wondering what's the most expensive skincare/cosmetic product that you hate because it cost SO much but you keep buying it or is saving up for it because you love it so so much!

You know, some ridiculous moisturizer like La Mer, or lip balm, or foundation, or powder.

For me, I'm curious about Koh Gen Do and SK-II products, but their skincare and powder stuff are sooo expensive.

@Beauty Tester (she's not so very testy lately ... what happened dear ?)

For me there are two :  Anything with the label LANCOME on it or that of L'OCCITANE .

Check the prices !

Merci pour avoir lu mon message,

Antoine

Question Stats
  • 9 answers
  • 24 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • cherrybombtastic
    • lowrah
    • antoine0000
    • lylysa