cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Ole Henriksen Real Results Challenge

MaySkincareChallenge_SOCIAL_US.jpg

Finally, oily skin meets its matte! We are so excited for you to try our bestselling Counter Balance™ Oil Control Hydrator and share your skincare journey with us. This lightweight daily moisturizer controls oil, minimizes the look of pores and is clinically proven to improve foundation wear for up to 8 hours.

It’s powered by Green Fusion Complex™, a proprietary blend of potent active botanicals—green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp) and Irish moss extracts—with natural antiseptic properties. With neem seed oil and AHAs, Counter Balance Oil Control Hydrator minimizes the look of pores and helps skin maintain a healthy balance.

This open forum is for you to share your experience and hear from others. We’ll be checking this thread frequently, so if you have questions, ask away!

Remember, a happy face is a beautiful face!

Re: Ole Henriksen Real Results Challenge

I’ve been using this line (cleaNser, toner and hydrator) and it’s made a world of difference in my oily skin…i no longer wake up to a horrifying oily face…only prob is the hydrator doesn’t smell great…after my night routine, i don’t like my husband to kiss my face because I don’t think it smells very nice..can you recommend something that’s as effective for oily skin but smells nice?

I was excited to try an oil controlling moisturizer. I have combination acne prone skin and had high hopes. It made me break out so badly after the first use! I tried it again but it was so bad I had to stop. I was very disappointed. 

Oh no! We're so sorry to hear you had a bad experience with one of our products. Please know that each and every one of our products undergoes extensive safety testing to rule out irritation before being sold. Reactivity to this product is unusual and you may want to consult a physician.  Please let us know if we can help you choose another Ole Henriksen moisturizer. 

Best, 

The Ole Henriksen Team

I always try to keep an open mind when trying a new moisturizer, but most of the time I end up disappointed.  I will either get extremely oily because the moisturizer isn't hydrating enough OR it dries me out too much and throws my skin out of balance.  I have been using the Counter Balance Oil Control Hydrator for about 2 weeks now and I am pleasantly surprised that it has kept my oiliness to a minimum, not caused any additional breakouts and my makeup looks quite nice over it.  I initially received a 7 day sample with one of my orders and have since purchased the full size.  

I have been using Counter Balance Oil Control Hydrator for about a month now, and I'm pleased with it.  I'm in my 60's and still have combination skin with occasional breakouts.  Thankfully, unlike teenage acne products this is not super drying.  I do however have concerns about wrinkles on my forehead and crows feet around my eyes, so at night I am using a different product formulated for wrinkles, along with a water based moisturizer.  Ole Henriksen used to make an antiaging eye serum, but it was discontinued years ago.

Any other suggestions from your line that I might try?

Hi cvic213,

We'd recommend trying our Uplifting Transformation Eye Gel and/or Uplifting Transformation Eye Creme. These products improve the appearance of wrinkles and lines around the eye area and improve firmness!

Cheers,

The Ole Henriksen Team 

I have been using the whole oil control line for a month now and I'll never use anything else! I have the oilest skin ever, my makeup melts off my face within an hour and these are the only products that actually work. I also use the truth serum in the morning and the activating oil at night and both of those products have lightened my acne scars and my wrinkles on my forehead are less noticeable. I never write reviews or recommend products but I have told anyone and everyone about OLEs products. 

Can you compare to PTR or Dr.Brandt?

I've been using the whole Ole Henriksen Oil Controlling line for almost a month and I swear it has changed my makeup and skincare game! These products not only mattify without drying, they also handle breakouts. This is one of the best products I've ever purchased for my skin hands down.  

Anonymous Insider

I have SUPER oily skin, like within an hour of putting my make up on.  My make up comes off all over everything, its super embarrassing! I can't figure out what products to use. HELP! 

Hi jpredhorse,

I would recommend trying out this Counter Balance Oil Control Hydrator. This moisturizer is a perfect primer for your makeup and focuses on mattifying and controlling oil.

Best,

The Ole Henriksen Team

@Anonymous  Often when people have super oily skin, it is because their skin is dehydrated so it produces more oil to compensate. I advise you to see if the combination of products you are using are drying out your skin too much!

Question on the BB/CC creams - I've used them for face and for eyes and LOVED. They are no longer available that I have found...are they returning?

Hi AnnCW!

BB and CC’s will not be returning at this time but we have tons of exciting products launching soon 🙂

Hej Ole

Vi er stolte af dig i lille danmark 🙂 bruger alle dine produkter men er ked af at du er stoppet med at sælge din shampo ? Er der ikke nogle hårprodukter på vej snart.

MVH Susanne

I have combo skin. Oily stubborn acne that occupies my t zone.  Dry cheeks. Would counter balance help?

Hi Lanette31, 

I would recommend Balance Toner plus Counter Balance Hydrator – perfect for combo skin!

If you prefer a richer texture at night, Balance Mattifying Moisture Crème would be a great addition to your PM routine! 

Best,

The Ole Henriksen Team 

I have super combo skin.  Extra oily T-zone and extra dry everywhere else.  I'm drawn to products that claim to "balance" the skin.  Do you think this would be good for combo skin?

Hi Lipsticklust, 

What you described sounds like a common skin concern. For this reason I would recommend Balance Toner plus Counter Balance Hydrator – perfect for combo skin (also feels and smells AMAZING)! 

For a richer texture at night, Balance Mattifying Moisture Crème would be a great addition to your PM routine! 

Best,

The Ole Henriksen Team 

I'm wondering how this compares to Truth Revealed, which sadly seems to be discontinued.

27 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • MaySkincareChallenge_SOCIAL_US.jpg
testing