From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Ole Henriksen POWER Peel vs. DE T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial?

I use the Power Peel once a week right now and I like how it feels, but I live overseas for a few months at a time and so the DE T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial looks easier to pack and just overall more convenient.

Has anyone used both these products and think one is better than the other, or do they give similar results?

I am not against buying another few 6 packs of the Power Peel! It is just more space in my luggage if the DE product is just as good (or better).

Thanks! 

Re: Ole Henriksen POWER Peel vs. DE T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial?

@franceslovesyou I find them to give pretty similar results, but they are different experiences.  Power Peel feels more like a spa experience because it has multiple steps, but I find that it can be a little harsher.  Drunk Elephant is much more gentle on my skin, yet effective, and I have never had redness or overexfoliation with it which sometimes happens with Power Peel.  Babyfacial has a lot more calming ingredients and I do feel they make a difference. I find the scrub in the Power Peel to be a bit more abrasive than I'd like, so I have to be careful to not overexfoliate with it.  With babyfacial, I don't have to worry about that, and most of the time I enjoy the convenience of one step.

Babyfacial has a slightly granular texture, so if you want to get some physical exfoliation as well you can massage the product on as you apply it or use an exfoliating cleanser beforehand.  Ultimately they give me similar effects - smooth texture, even tone, and lighten hyperpigmentation.  Ultimately my preference comes down to two things: 1. I think Babyfacial gives better cumulative results and 2. It is more gentle.  The first time I used it my skin looked good, but the second and subsequent times it looked amazing - like my face had been photoshopped.  With Power Peel, my skin looks really good after using it, but within a week I felt my skin was back to it's normal state.

It's tough to say which will give better effects for you since skincare is so personal, but I can definitely say Babyfacial is worth trying. I am in love with it and it will definitely be a staple in my routine.  

Re: Ole Henriksen POWER Peel vs. DE T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial?

thanks for the detailed reply!!!

Yea, I feel like I need to use the power peel once a week or I get an uncontrollable amount of sebaceous filaments. I will pick up the babyfacial and give it a try before I fly out!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing