lecia1167

My tip for using Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial

[ Edited ]

I love this product so much! I wanted to share a tip for having it apply easily. Put a small amount in your palm (pea-sized) and then add a few drops of water to it and rub your hands together. It thins it out and it absorbs into your skin quicker.

consolvo

Re: My tip for using Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial

[ Edited ]

Great tip, lecia!

My tip would be to do the mixing on the back of your hands, not the palms.

You could place a dab on the back of one hand, add the drops of water then tap the backs of your hands together to mix and get "equalish" amounts on each hand. Next apply the mixture on the right side of your face/neck with your left hand, then vice versa.

This way, your hands get all that great stuff! I apply almost all facial skincare in the way above (excluding the water). Your hands can benefit from serums, moisturizers, anti-aging, sunscreens and even masks and exfoliants. Your hands will look great.

lecia1167

Re: My tip for using Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial

Hmm. That's a great tip!

fatimamummy

No offence but why to dilute and rub on the palms,  isn't it more wasteful as one may end up with more product absorb in hands than face. I put the dots on my face and neck and then massage it to my skin.have used this sleeping facial for a long time and never had an issue with absorption.

DTalksAll

My thoughts exactly. I like Creme de La Mer when I'm really dry in the winter. The directions say to "warm it up" between your hands first. I never do, and hear more & more people aren't because it wastes expensive product by it soaking up into your hands. 

Jar Packaging: Spatula, to finger tips, dot on face, spread out. 

lecia1167

It's personal preference. Actually, other high-end moisturizers do give this in the directions on how to use their products. I've just incorporated it into this one, and it works well for me.

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]

I keep/ask for extra spatulas the Sephora has. & I purchase spatulas from Amazon or pick them up at Harmons. 

I use them for masks, coconut oil, moisturizers.... 

upload_7037976643891040737.jpg

As for mixing the moisturizer with water... that seems strange to me. If you're not using a serum, then you'd apply moisturizer when face is still damp. If using serums, they already have a bit of moisture, so it's easier to spread out. & by rubbing it into your hands, aren't your palms then absorbing more of it? I know that's a big complaint with La Mer, people say there's not need to warm it up in your hands because your hands end up absorbing the moisturizer & it's being wasteful. 

Maybe I'm strange, but I transfer my moisturizer from spatula to finger tips, dot some on my forehead, cheeks, chin, nose & then spread it out. 

I've never had an issue with the Wild Rose not spreading & I have dry skin. 

callmefafi

[ Edited ]

If you ask for a few spatial at Sephora, they will give you some. Korres is the first moisturizer that I've purchased that didn't come with one inside of the package. I use the one that came with my Shiseido eye cream and apply it directly to my face...cheek, cheek, forehead, nose, and then chin. I like the thick consistency because I feel like I don't need to use as much plus it's a sleeping facial. I feel it needs to be thick so that it's like a layer of product on your skin that continues to absorb while you're sleeping. I would never dare thin it out (dilute it's effectiveness) with water or rub it into the palms of my hands because even though it may look like my hands aren't absorbing the product, I'm sure it is! I have oily skin and haven't had any problems with absorption. I just continue to rub it in until I feel satisfied. 

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

It's personal preference. This trick works well for me, and because I use a bunch of other stuff in my evening routine, I don't want it to be thick. And my skin looks great. No acne, my scars are fading and my skin is glowing.

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

The mixing with water, I got my instructions from my Eminence moisturizers. It's a personal preference. My palms don't seem to be absorbing more of it, but I like that it's a bit thinner and goes into my skin quicker. And it doesn't seem to affect how well it works.

DiVWA

I'm also a spatula collector/user! I even have a pump bottle of rubbing alcohol on my counter top, specifically for sanitizing the spatula before and after use. I only use a spatula to dip into any jar--never the finger.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Even with clean hands, I don't like dipping my fingers into jars. I think my nails are clean, but you never know :smileywink: 

wingatprsct

I use the tiny spoons from Baskin Robbins that are used for taste testing. I keep them clean after every use and my fingers do not contaminate the jar. Great idea lecia1167! I find the product can be very heavy for my skin during the summer months. maybe this will provide a lighter application AND make the product last longer.

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

No problem! I didn't like how thick it felt either. I use put like 2 drops of water on it, and it's perfect.

SallieSunshine

Love it!  Plus - way to go, enabling a trip to BR! :smileywink:

lucyshnoosy

Great tip, thank you!  I also agree with SallieSunshine.  I use my finger to get it out of the jar, but some of the cream ends up under my fingernails. 

SallieSunshine

lecia1167, this is a great tip, thank you!  Can't wait to try it.  What do you use to get the product out of the jar?  My biggest pet peeve is creams that come in those jars - mostly because I end up with half of it under my fingernails!  But I feel like when I use a Q-Tip, the cotton absorbs some of the product and I'm being wasteful...

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

I'm going to use some of the ideas that others gave. But for now, I use the back of my fingernail and then spread it on my palm. It works and hey I didn't have to buy anything!

beautyandjoy

Cool tip! I use that every night and love the product, and it lasts a long time.

RandeeBT

Thanks for the tip, lecia1167! I have been using this mask pretty often lately. I'll have to try your tip out! :smileywink:

Best,
Randee
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 39 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • consolvo
    • lucyshnoosy
    • wingatprsct