lecia1167

My thoughts on GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment

First, about me: I have very oily, acne-prone skin, and I'm 46 years old.

I bought it on Amazon because it was way cheaper. First impression is that I really like it. It dried up my pimples with the first mask, and it soaked up the oil on my skin.

I will say that it's very drying, so if you have dry skin, this probably isn't the product for you. Also, it's pretty strong, so wash your face with a mild face wash beforehand -- no acne wash or anything like that.

You only need to apply a thin layer of it. It does have pieces of leaves in it, which can seem strange, but really if it works, who cares?

I kept it on for 20 minutes -- the max recommended. And when I washed it off, I then applied my Eminence Stone Crop Whip Moisturizer.

I've used it most days since I've gotten it, but I see myself using it regularly a few times a week in the future.

Bottom line: I will be adding this as a permanent part of my skincare regime.

Everyone's skin is different, so really what works for me may not work for someone else.

http://www.sephora.com/super-mud-clearing-treatment-P376409

ry22

Re: My thoughts on GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment

I read her book, and it seems like she applies her brand's philosophy to every other brand, and thats wrong to me. I love many products she slams. She's super picky on ingredients yet she loves Benefit Benetint, which contains ten times the amount of lead and twenty times the amount of arsenic than is actually allowed by Canadian federal regulatory standards. Personally, I would rather a company use "irritating" ingredients than ones that cause headaches, stomach problems, anemia, and neurological disorders. Especially if pregnant women use cosmetics with lead, lead exposure can lead to severe developmental issues in the developing baby.

jojobe

She said it was what she liked. Obviously there are tons of different products, please dont bash her for her personal review of a product. 

lecia1167

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Jojobe! I did say that masks work differently for different people. There are products I've tried that I hate, but lots of people love. Skin is different for everybody, and I think most of us know that's just how it is.

kssweetheart

Great info, thanks. I've had my eye on it for a while and sadly, I missed the sample. I hope it will come back around again. Thanks. :smileyhappy:

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

Let me know if you try it!

jojobe

Just make sure you don't wait more than a week to use it when you get to the lower 1/2 I had to throw mine away because it was hard as a rock. After you open it, I would put a small piece of plastic wrap pushed right on top so less air gets in there. I even kept the disc over the top. I was pretty upset because that is not a cheap product. 

sourpanda

Did you try adding water? I think I read in the instructions that you're supposed to add some water if it dries up...

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

I just read that if you add a bit of water a little at a time, it should work.

DiVWA

I have a small tube of the the black-tubed mask and just started using it. This also has the little pieces of leaves in or whatever it is.

That's good info about putting plastic wrap underneath the cap. I have only used the mask a few times so it would, for sure, dry out on me w/o taking this precaution.

kssweetheart

That's just wrong.

lecia1167

Ack! Okay, that sucks. Thanks for letting me know.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 115 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • Manda
    • jojobe
    • ry22