lecia1167

My thoughts on GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment

First, about me: I have very oily, acne-prone skin, and I'm 46 years old.

I bought it on Amazon because it was way cheaper. First impression is that I really like it. It dried up my pimples with the first mask, and it soaked up the oil on my skin.

I will say that it's very drying, so if you have dry skin, this probably isn't the product for you. Also, it's pretty strong, so wash your face with a mild face wash beforehand -- no acne wash or anything like that.

You only need to apply a thin layer of it. It does have pieces of leaves in it, which can seem strange, but really if it works, who cares?

I kept it on for 20 minutes -- the max recommended. And when I washed it off, I then applied my Eminence Stone Crop Whip Moisturizer.

I've used it most days since I've gotten it, but I see myself using it regularly a few times a week in the future.

Bottom line: I will be adding this as a permanent part of my skincare regime.

Everyone's skin is different, so really what works for me may not work for someone else.

http://www.sephora.com/super-mud-clearing-treatment-P376409

Manda

Re: My thoughts on GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment

(0) Hearts

This product sadly didn't work for me. :/ It made my t-zone very irritated for some reason. Maybe because it was too drying. I want to try the hydrating mask. Has anyone tried that one?

JayReed

I love the Glamo Glow Mask! Every time i put it on my boyfriend wants it too!! He tends to get black heads on his nose a lot and this helps reduce the appearance of them. This makes an awesome spot treatment too, I know I can count on this product!

theonegoof

I'm glad it worked for you! :smileyhappy:

PoesRevy

For everyday, Philosophy total matteness pore-minimizing & mattifying cleanser + mask could possibly help with oil and clearing pores. It can be used daily to cleanse (or used as a weekly mask).....I do not see it listed on Sephora now though.

I feel as a weekly deep clearing mask the GlamGlow SuperMud is more effective than the Philosophy.

As a daily cleanser, the Philosophy may work well to help with oil control, etc and you only need a small amount to cleanse with.

Philosophy website has it listed still.

lecia1167

I actually have the Philosophy mask, which I like, but I like the Glamglow much better.

DTalksAll

I think whenever you use a mask/peel it should always be with a gentle cleanser. Using too many acids 7 exfoliators is never a good idea! 

I have really dry skin, but never had issues with glamglow. I actually find it helps get rid of my dry flakes. 

But, I've never used it more than 2x a week. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using it every day. You may want to ease up or you could start to see signs of over exfoliation. So just keep an eye on your skin, and cut back if it starts to look angry. 

lecia1167

Thanks dannyc. I'm starting to cut back now actually. I do love it as a spot treatment, too.

katie1724

Thank you for your thoughts -- I've often wondered about this mask. People seem to rave about GlamGlow! 

kalex

I LOVE this mask!  It sucks the life out of pimples and does a great job of exfoliating and removing blackheads as well!  I have combination (normal/dry) skin and I don't find this overly drying either.

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

It's not the best mask because it has tons of irritating ingredients.

kalex

When you tried it, what was your skin's reaction?  What ingredients do you typically find irritating?

DTalksAll

Everyone's skin is different. What you find irritating, may not be irritating to me. 

Are you directly quoting paula's choice? You know she over exaggerates right? And unless you have uber sensitive-allergic to everything skin, you should take her "advice" with a grain of salt. 

lecia1167

Note to self: Ignore Paula's Choice.

The review on the Glamglow line seemed just mean-spirited and petty.

lecia1167

[ Edited ]

Wow. Paula's Choice hates the whole Glamglow line. Hmmm...

infinitise

she hates any brands that are popular or natural. she hates Fresh and Origins too... 

she says PEG and silicone is safe for skin. 

lecia1167

OMG. Really? The Fresh line is amazing.

DTalksAll

She hates everything. LOL I usually only go to her site to check ingredients, but she doesn't update it all the time. 

jojobe

PC hates a lot of products. I would not solely rely on that as a source of information. 

AKRinNY

Yeah, she hates everything that's not Paulas Choice. Not very surprising :-P Take all her opinions with a grain of salt. 

rdesigns

ITA.  I remember when Paula got started many years ago, before there was even a Paulas Choice brand, and it was all about her trying to sell her book at the time.  I have always taken everything she has said with a grain of salt because I feel she is motivated only by her wallet.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 115 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • Manda
    • jojobe
    • ry22