Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Milk Makeup Matcha Solid Toner

Milk Makeup is about to drop it's new Matcha toner stick. It's super TSA friendly and the world's first solid toner. Questions or thoughts!?

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 1.25.38 PM.png

PRODUCT DETAILS:

Matcha-infused toner stick refines and preps

skin post-cleansing for purified pores and smooth hydrated skin.

TONES

Kombucha and witch hazel purify pores, while Matcha green tea detoxifies

and protects

HYDRATES

Organic cactus elixir hydrates and calms irritated skin

Re: Milk Makeup Matcha Solid Toner

I have been thinking about buying both the cleanser and toner but I've been wondering how long these last/Is the amount of product worth what you are paying!?

I know this thread is older but I just bought the Matcha Toner Stick and the cooling water stick and I am really enjoying both of them. The cooling water stick feels so nice on my skin in the morning and the matcha toner is not sticky at all and does not smell too heavily of matcha. 

Has anyone tried the hydrating oil stick?? Would love to hear thoughts on it--the sticks are so convenient it's great when I am in a hurry which is basically always haha

How long does a stick of the matcha toner last for daily use? 

I think once this comes out I might try to do a full face solid challenge: all skincare and makeup must be solids/stick form. Just to see how well it works out in practice.

I would love to see that!

They had me at matcha 😍 Kinda feels unsanitary rubbing it on my face everyday though

The cleanser stick wouldn't be much different than using a bar of face soap every day I suppose. It's suggested that you remove makeup first before rubbing the cleanser on your skin, which should cut down on anything left behind on the stick. I also pushed up the product and gave it a quick rinse after using to clean it off. 

The toner would then be applied to clean, patted dry skin, which should be fine to use every day.

@hsjostedt

This looks super interesting! It's sounds like a treat for your skin after a hot day. 

I'm wondering the same as @Anewxa about putting it in the fridge. I do this with my PTR cucumber and rose masks for a an even more refreshing experience. 

Just confirmed! You can absolutely put the Matcha Toner in the fridge without causing anything bad to happen to the product. I bet it would feel great all summer!

I love putting my PTR eye masks in the fridge and that's heavenly! I bet this would feel nice coming from the fridge on a hot summer day. 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

Hi @hsjostedt are you part of the Milk Makeup team? 😊 

Can this be placed in the fridge kinda like the cooling stick or will it compromise the texture/usage of it?

What skin tones is it better suited for? 

Just confirmed! You can absolutely put the Matcha Toner in the fridge without causing anything bad to happen to the product. I bet it would feel great all summer!

Yes! I work at Milk as of a few months ago but have been a VIB for years. I think this is a great place to chat about all brands and see if we can help answer each other's questions. 

The Matcha toner has no color and is suitable for all skin tines and types!

I haven't tried putting it in the fridge yet, but I'll ask our team if that would cause any issues with the product. 

I love using toner. This sounds like a great option to have on a weekend or overnight bag.

I can't wait to travel with these. I got to test them out for the first time this week and they were amazing. They smell great and no mess.

I would love to know the best way to use it. I'm used to liquid toners that you swipe on and dry.  I'm very intrigued!

Hi Michelle!

Swipe the stick gently onto clean skin after patting dry.

Pat excess product into skin with fingertips.

That's it!  🙂

I wonder if the TSA would consider it a gel even though it's solid.

@purly TSA is such a pain honestly. I would bet there's one person who would cause a big issue.

They told me the Milk Cooling Water Stick was a "gel"

Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 1.25.38 PM.png
testing