starletta8

Masks, Masks Everywhere- Share Your Experiences Here

Hey ladies-

After starting yet another mask trying spree, it occurred to me that it might be a great idea to have one thread with our common knowledge of various masks in one place- a BT guide to masks if you'd like.  We have the swatch board for makeup, but nothing like that for skincare.

If you submit a mask, please include the following:

• Name of mask
  • Type of mask (rinse-off, peel-off, etc)
  • What type of skin you have
  • Your experience with it
  • Do you recommend it? To whom?
  • And is there anything else a BTer should know?

I'll get started here in a minute...

clarks18

Re: Masks, Masks Everywhere- Share Your Experiences Here

(0) Hearts

I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe the facial system is more concentrated?  It does seem pretty similar.

arielaaaaaaaa

Maybe it's meant to just be a bigger size since the system is only .5 oz. Thats one reason i didn't care to purchase. If a mask doesn't come in at least a 1 oz size it just i kind of a rip off in my opinion since you barely get any uses out of it. But the new one is something i am interested in. I'm planing to the the 100 point perk i have and if i like it i will be putting the new mask in my Loves!

clarks18

(0) Hearts

The clay double detox exfoliating facial mask.  There are no reviews posted yet. 

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

It does look interesting. But it also seems incredibly similar to the double detox facial system. The listed ingredients are the exact same. I have a 100 point perk of the facial system i've yet to try but i wonder if they are meant to be the same. 

clarks18

I see that Tarte has a new face mask.  It looks intriguing.  I've been very impressed with all the Tarte products I have used so far.  Plus face masks are so fun to try.  Has anyone tried it?

arielaaaaaaaa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Are you referring to the Double Detox facial system mask? Or the Double Detox exfoliating Facial mask. 

starryeyes331

(0) Hearts

Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask

Type of mask: Rinse Off

Skin Type: Oily/Acne Prone but dehydrated

Your experience with it: Love it! Best clarifying mask I've used because it does a really good job of removing blackheads and treating spots, but doesn't leave your face feeling dry or tight. It works best on a just cleaned face.

Do you recommend it? To whom?: I absolutely recommend it; website says not for sensitive skin.

LCResz

Mask/peel: Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel

Type: Rinse off

Skin type: 36 yo combination with occasional hormonal breakouts

Experience: leaves skin very clean and visibly reduced pores and lines

Recommended for: anyone who wants a quick and effect peel that leaves skin brighter tough pores tightened

I have some mild acne scarring (pick ax, looks like big pores) and oiliness in my T-zone. I have been trying out a variety of masks and peels, and so far this has given me the best results in terms of diminishing the look of my scars and pores. 

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

Mask -Origins Active Charcoal Mask

Type- Rinse off 

Skin- Oily/Normal Combo

Exp.- my experience was okay actually, i received this as a hundred point perk and liked it alot, it does make my actual skin feel very clean and my pores appear smaller after use. 

Recommend- Yes, to people who wear alot of makeup during the week and want a sort of weekly or bi weekly deep clean, this is for you.. 

Other- the only thing that kinda bothers me about this mask is that if i leave it on for longer then 10 mins and it completely burns my face, for some reason it feels really hot and it feels like it burned me, Also that its extremely difficult to take off and remove from wash clothes and towels. it stained a couple of mine. 

jennar

(0) Hearts

This one is my current favorite. My breakouts disappear a lot faster when I use it regularly.

melissa93

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've had the same experience with it. And it isn't that ahh this a good clean fresh "burn" it's more like this is not charcoal it's  lava get it off now. My skin is red after I use it. I guess it does take out everything though. Did not repurchase. 

krunce

(0) Hearts

Woah! It burns your face! That sounds terrible!

I have this mask as well and I don't really use it that often. It definitely minimizes the size of pores temporarily, but I really don't think it does what it's supposed to, which is to actually lift things out of pores. It's about as good as any clay-based mask.

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

excally, and i really don't like that fact that it burns me, its pretty painful, but maybe its just my skin being sensative

bellag2107

Name: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask

Type: Rinse off

Skin Type: Dry, large pores, blackheads on nose, sometimes sensitive

Experience: I use this at least once a week, sometimes more if my skin is flaking or I've done an exfoliating treatment. After the first use I noticed my skin was more hydrated and appeared smoother. Also, any time I have had breakouts, the following day any redness virtually disappeared and the pimples were noticeably smaller. The reason I love this product is because it really helps combat my skin's dryness and it is incredibly soothing.

Yes! Definitely recommend it to anyone with dry, sensitive skin. Also, the main ingredient is oatmeal so for any eczema sufferers this stuff works wonders!

michmo

(0) Hearts

Like the others I had been hoping someone would post about this one.  I think it may be my saving grace this winter.  

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

This was one I have been wanting soo bad! And know I think I must get it!

prosopon

(0) Hearts

I had not heard of this one.  Thanks for the heads up, I will try it out this winter.

onomotopoeia9

I second the origins active charcoal mask!!! It works miracles for me :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

This review is from one use, and if i see continued results from it i will give an update!

Name: Murad Intensive-C Radiance Peel

Type: Rinse off

Skin type: I have severely dry skin with breakouts, and acne scars

Experience: I enjoy the scent, light, sort of citrus scent. It's a cream mask, that dried down and looks like you nothing on but i super heavy cream. Slight tingle and cooling sensation on my slight sensitive areas (Nose, Cheeks) Wasn't Drying or Moisturizing for me. It did do the job on exfoliating. But didn't see much else. I'm sure with continued use you can expect more radiant skin. 

Recommend: If your looking for an exfoliating mask, sure. But you could find better products that don't cost so much

clarks18

Name of mask: Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

Type of mask: Peel Off

What type of skin you have: Combo/Oily

Your experience with it: I had asked for a sample of this the last time I was at Sephora.  I applied it only to my t-zone in a light layer so it would dry even.  It felt dry and tight while on.  I left it for about 10-15 mins.  I peeled it off and my skin at first still felt a little dry and it looked a lot less oily.  It peeled off pretty easily too.  I did this at night so I could use my heavier night moisturizer after.  The next morning it felt like my t-zone wasn't as oily as normal.  I'm going to make this part of my skin care routine.

Do you recommend it?  Yes I would recommend this mask.  I think it would be good for all skin types.  Except people with more dry skin I would recommend not leaving it on as long.

Other:  They mean black!  It's looks like you rubbed Sharpie marker all over your face!   I think it's a pretty fun mask.

prosopon

I know this mask has already been listed, but my skin type and experience may be a little different.

Name: Origins clear improvement charcoal mask

Type: Rinse off

My skin: dry, sensitive

My experience:  I just got this as a sample recently and so I have only used it a couple of times, but so far I am liking the results.  The SA recommended that I made sure to leave the mask on u til it dried which is longer than I though (about 20 minutes).  It took a while to rinse the mask off.  This definitely help my skin look mo even in texture and tone.  Also my skin was not drier or did not react (break out).

Recommend? Yes.  This will become a part of my regular rotation.

Other: I was a little confused because of the name of the mask (clear improvement) and I thought that the function of this mask was similar to Murad's clarifying mask.  The SA explained that this mask is to help unclog all pores not just for blemishes.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 171 replies
  • 189 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • jennar
    • prosopon
    • cherrybombtastic
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • carlyanne