starletta8

Masks, Masks Everywhere- Share Your Experiences Here

Hey ladies-

After starting yet another mask trying spree, it occurred to me that it might be a great idea to have one thread with our common knowledge of various masks in one place- a BT guide to masks if you'd like.  We have the swatch board for makeup, but nothing like that for skincare.

If you submit a mask, please include the following:

• Name of mask
  • Type of mask (rinse-off, peel-off, etc)
  • What type of skin you have
  • Your experience with it
  • Do you recommend it? To whom?
  • And is there anything else a BTer should know?

I'll get started here in a minute...

rikkie

Re: Masks, Masks Everywhere- Share Your Experiences Here

I haven't found my skin to break out or become dry after using this one either, I use it as a spot treatment too when I see something forming under my skin, it really helps!

prosopon

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Name: Murad clarifying mask

Type: Rinse off

My skin: dry, sensitive

My experience: This is a great mask to help clear up and calm your face.  It does not make my face drier And it is also great for a spot treatment. This is part of my regular rotation of masks and I have seen my face improve in clarity and texture.

Recommend? Yes, a must have for any skin type with acne-prone skin.

Other: A medium application is sufficient when applying product to your face.  A thin layer is not enough, but a thick layer is not necessary.  If your face is not dry before 10 minutes, you have applied too much.  And vice versa, if your face dried almost immediately, you have not applied enough.

prosopon

[ Edited ]

Name: boscia luminizing black mask

Type: peel off

My skin: dry, sensitive

My experience:  Because I have dry skin, I like to use this as a type of exfoliator, because when I peel off the mask, I also peel off a lot of dry, dull skin.  I follow up with a good hydrating moisuturizer and my face is definitely fresh feeling and illuminated.

Recommend?  Yes, definitely.

Other:  As was mention by another reviewer, this did hurt a lot (like eyes watering) when trying to peel off from areas with more peach fuzz (like lower cheek new jaw line), so I do not put the mask there.  I mainly put the mask on the front of my face to avoid the ripping of my tiny hairs.

Spyski

Hey @starletta8, this is a really helpful thread btw! I hope to see others like this in the future :smileyhappy:

rikkie

Most of the things I've tried are already on here, but I'll add one. :smileyhappy:

• Name of mask: Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial
  • Type of mask (rinse-off, peel-off, etc): Leave-on overnight
  • What type of skin you have: Oily
  • Your experience with it: I loooove this product! When I saw the price I never thought it could be worth it but I got a sample at one point and boom, instant HG. My skin is oily, so a lot of moisturizers (even oil free) just sit on my skin and feel greasy or like my skin can't breathe because it's so heavy. This mask soaks in overnight and every time I use it I wake up in the morning and think "My skin feels AMAZING today, what happened?" :smileyhappy: It helps control oil production in my T-zone and my skin is bright and feels normal for the first time ever, not too tight from being overly dried out, just firm, supple, and healthy!
  • Do you recommend it? To whom? YES! To everyone! Unless the scent bothers you I suppose.
  • And is there anything else a BTer should know? Hmm, Korres is great about saying what is and isn't in their products in an obvious place in legible text!  FORMULA FACTS

95.0% NATURAL CONTENT

NO MINERAL OILYES FRAGRANCE
    NO PETROLATUMNO POLYCYCLIC MUSKS
    NO SILICONESYES pH-NEUTRAL
    NO PARABENSYES ALCOHOL
    NO PROPYLENE GLYCOLNO RETINOL
    NO ETHANOLAMINESNO WHEAT
    NO PEGNO NUTS
    NO SLESNO ANIMAL BY-PRODUCTS
    NO ALESNO ANIMAL TESTING
    NO PHTHALATESYES SUITABLE FOR VEGANS
    NO SYNTHETIC DYE 
prosopon

Name: Sephora instant moisture mask

Type: rinse off

My skin type: dry, sensitive

My experience: I picked this up when it was on sale.  I was able to get two uses out of one pack.  While the mask was on, I felt very relaxed as it was cooling on my face.  After rinsing off the product, my skin did indeed feel more hydrated and calm. I wouldn't put it in my regular cycle, but it is perfect after a long hectic day (Feels like I am at the spa).

Recommend? Yes, for anyone looking for hydration and relaxation.

arielaaaaaaaa

@rikkie (I didn't feel like searching the thread for our convo about it) But The Murad Pomegranate Mask has indeed been discontinued. :smileysad: 

I'm terribly Sad! But they did tell me that the Intensive-C Radiance Peel is similar to it. And i have a deluxe samples so it seems time to use it! 

rikkie

That's awful! I'm going to pick some up online asap then! I am so excited to try the Intensive-C peel, I scored big on a full size one for $15 on ebay last week!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Oh nice. That's a good find. I cant wait to try it. Maybe tonight. Monday is one of my face mask nights!!

rikkie

Will you do a review of it when you do? I had like a flood of things arrive at my husband's place as soon as I couldn't have them. :smileysad:  If it's too long I may have to make him ship some things to me, haha. I am thinking I will use my OH mask tonight!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Oh nice! I hope it works out for you. I will most certainly post my experience with The Murad intensive c peel! I'm thinking I'm going to go do that now before I get too tired and lazy lol!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Has anyone tried the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask? I think it looks super nice for the summer!

krunce

I got this mask as a sample when I made a purchase through the Peter Thomas Roth website about a year ago.

This mask really isn't anything special, but because it's a gel and because the cucumber is soothing, the whole mask is good for reducing redness and cooling down your skin.

Frankly, I think you could just take aloe vera gel, keep it in the fridge, and use it as a cooling and soothing mask as well.

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh i'm curious about it as well. It says you can put it in the fridge and thats sounds sooooo nice on a hott day!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Yeah, so nice on a hot day! I just bought the PTR 20th Anniversary set though, so I will have to wait a bit before I get the one with the cucumber mask.

Spyski

Sorry guys, a little late here but wanted to share my personal experience on a particular mask that has been helping me like nobody's business this past week! 

Name of mask: Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Masque
Type of mask: A mask that targets acne specifically white heads; rinse off
What type of skin you have: Normal w/ oily t-zone; acne prone
Your experience with it: A hard worker. I have used this mask three times so far and each time afterwards I have seen a more clearer complexion. It's lifting my under lying white heads (bumpy skin patches) and raising them to the surface to dry out! I'm liking the results so far and the purging period is worth it to get those pesky little bumps out.
Do you recommend it? To whom? Yes, only to those who are looking for an acne treatment for white heads and closed comedones.
And is there anything else a BTer should know? Yes, I have read suggestions on using this mask before you hop in your shower and throughout your shower period (2-5 minutes) then rinse. It can be very drying if there is no moisture in the air even for those with oily skin plus the steam helps open the pores for the mask to work even better. You can also use this as a spot treatment which is great for the occasional white head. I know sulfur smells bad, but to my surprise this mask doesn't smell like rotten eggs. It smells more like earthy clay than anything. 

arielaaaaaaaa

I was hoping someone would review this. I had it in my Loves for awhile but couldn't decide if i really wanted it! I might give it a try when i run out of my Murad Clarifying Mask.

voxover

This mask is a wonder-worker on cystic acne and whiteheads. It can be a bit drying, but it's the quickest, most effective acne product I've ever used.

Spyski

I was actually going to get the Murad one since my skin loves their products, but after comparing a few other masks for fighting white heads, the PTR seems like the one for me. 

arielaaaaaaaa

You made a good choice. Murad doesn't help me much with whiteheads. 

nebel

Does anyone else remember the old Sephora The Great Pumpkin Mask?  That thing was INTENSE and awesome. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 171 replies
  • 188 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • jennar
    • prosopon
    • cherrybombtastic
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • carlyanne