msperfect

Magical masks

(0) Hearts

What is the best mask you've EVER used? Worst? Are sleeping masks actually ALL that? Lots of people are saying they work well and that they're great but are they great?

aviscardi

Re: Magical masks

(0) Hearts

best one i tried is glamglow supermud, leaves me feeling really refreshed.  if i were to repurchase it would only be with a 30% off.  worst one was michael todd pumpkin mask, felt like i was putting baby food on my face lol

I dont consider a sleeping mask an actual mask, but i sampled the wild rose from korres. I did not like the smell at all, it smelled way too perfumey. but my friend swears by it.  i think it actually dried me out the next day

evno

(0) Hearts

As a person with sensitive skin, sleeping masks are great. They give me a lot more flexibility. I can use it as a night cream over my toner and light lotion, apply it during the day as a heavy moisturizer for my dry skin, or use it as a mask over a couple of hours. 

mberteig

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

For me, the best is the Boscia Clarifying Detox mask, this is a clay mask and it has something in it that gives a cooling effect, I really like it.

The worst was the Korres rose overnight mask.  The smell was horrendous - I couldn't bear to have it on my skin, I washed it off and threw it away!

FitFan

(0) Hearts

This is a really good thread..

I've pretty much used up  all of my PTR sulfur mask. I'm so proud of myself. It definitely did help. I would even use it as a spot treatment overnight on new acne and it completely dried it by the next day. I love when a mask can be used for multiple things.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Glamglow but it's it's expensive. I used it last summer and had good results. I contemplate buying it again this spring.

I'm currently using manuka honey and cinnamon as a mask and I do love it. My skin is much drier in the winter(which actually I like better than having such oily skin in the summer). This mask is so nice and after my skin feels nice and moisturized.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I personally never had a sleeping mask because the only one I knew was Leneige's waterfull sleeping mask.. and I read that it can break me out.. 

but the best one I've ever used was the Fresh Umbrian Clay one. 

I didn't want to pay this much price, but I was talked into buying it after finishing the PTR sulfur one.. 

It does wonders for both breakouts and "popped" breakouts.. leaves my skin feeling dried out but soft, clean and bright at the same time.. 

really easy to put on and take off. isn't as thick as many other clay masks I've tried,. 

REN glycol mask was great at first, but they stopped working for me 

jen81

(0) Hearts

I love the REN mask, the PTR camu camu mask, fresh Umbrian clay mask.  Not impressed with the glam glow  youth one.  

properlylost

(0) Hearts

The best mask I've ever used is Fresh's Umbrian Clay. I have oily/combo skin and it helps with the oiliness a lot and dry up and clear breakouts. I just recently bought Origins Clear Improvement mask and have enjoyed it the few times I have used it, it cleared out my pores and made my skin super soft. I haven't tried any that are terrible, but I was least impressed with GlamGlow's Youthmud.

krushxo

(0) Hearts

The blue hydrating Boscia mask was actually a really nice mask. The black Boscia was a little strong but did feel nice like it took the excess oils out of my skin. Clear improvement and other origins masks are good. Good luck!

daisydaisies

I really like the REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask. Smells great, works well, helps my skin look great. I've also enjoyed the Ole Henriksen Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask. But I think I like the REN mask better.

I'm not a fan of sleeping masks. I like a mask that does something a little different from my other skin care products (as a complement to them). For me a sleeping mask is just like a thick moisturiser. But, I can imagine that sleeping masks could be really great for people with very dry skin!

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I second this -- the REN Glycolactic mask is excellent. My skin can be sensitive and I worried that it would be irritating, but it wasn't -- it just left my skin soft and glowing. It smells amazing, too -- like fresh fruit pulp. :smileyhappy:

SallieSunshine

(0) Hearts

I've been wondering about sleeping masks. It seems like they're more like night time moisturizers than what I think of as a mask. (I.e., something I put on my face after cleansing that deep cleans before I wash or peel it off.) The Korres rose one that I have is just a thick moisturizer. I mean, I like it, but I wouldn't ever call it a "mask."

daisydaisies

I feel the same way! To me, a mask is something you have to rinse (or peel) off. Whenever I see a 'sleeping mask', I just think moisturiser. This is definitely influenced by the Korres rose sleeping mask - I tried it and didn't really get the point!

seevee

I have been doing a lot of mask experimenting. It started with Origins Clear Improvement. Now I have plenty and unsure what order to work in. I definitely love peelers.  Boscia is tough to pull off but is that because it wasn't thick enough? I find myself wanting to make it last based on the price. I really liked First Aid Beauty Red Clay. First Aid Beauty Oatmeal made my skin look really good, though I am afraid to use a mask that moisturizes vs a dryer one. At least I can put on moisturizer if it was drying. I love Lush Face masks Love Lettuce and Cosmetic Warrior. The prices are fantastic too. Sadly I am an hr away from them. I will buy them givin the opportunity. I won't buy again Clear Improvement. I really want to try Glamglows but I am afraid to ask for a samp in store.

Which I would like to ask, how do you beauty lovers feel about asking for samples in store? I would love a thread about that?

gtichick

(0) Hearts

I think I got my glamglow sample in store. I didn't LOVE it, but I do love all the Lush masks. I'm a big fan of that FAB Oatmeal mask too. I don't love drying masks though so that might be why I didn't love glamglow.

m3rma1d

Just ask. Seriously. Are they afraid to take your money? Nope. You're spending it at Sephora, and samples are a big part of the Sephora experience. 

seevee

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I mentioned in store to a skincare lady that i would rather purchase online. 3 free + the weekly special beats possibly getting something at checkout. She told me that they want us in the store and that surveys help get them more to give and they want to, but every time I ask they look like  they are put out and I am greedy. I usually have a plan when I go in and they have no more insight to give me so does that mean I don't deserve it?

brittany0859

Worst was Boscia black mask. Did absolutely nothing and hurt to peel off. Glamglow is just eh. Haven't found a mask I love yet. But I have tried Boscia Tsubaki Sleeping Mask and I really like it so far. Not heavy or greasy at all on my combination skin, but takes care of all my dry spots!

jojobe

That is an awesome "mask" but you do have to rinse in the morning so it's kind of a take on a mask. This is the best one I have found. 

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

I agree! I don't really know why they are advertised as masks. I like it much better than the Korres masks which were really greasy and the Rose one broke me out

nikki

(0) Hearts

Right now my favorite is Bliss Triple Oxygen Mask. I also love Lush's masks. My least favorite is Origins Clear Improvement. 

I have the Rose Facial from Korres, if that counts as a sleeping mask, and I love it. It makes my face glowy, even and hydrated. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • mberteig
    • jen81
    • jojobe
    • aviscardi