WhereYouStand

Keratosis Pilaris - or - "Chicken SKin"

I have Normal combination skin, which is ok I guesss, however since about sixth grade I remember having dry bumpy patches completely covering my legs that are non itchy, though very noticable all just centameters apart from each other I think after talking to a friend the other day whom has a sibling with something similar said it was something called chicken skin also known as Keratosis Pilaris. after browsing the internet and doing a little research of my own I think that I do have the "Condition of  Keratosis Pilaris on my legs" now the problem is finding a good effective product in the form of a moisturizer or wash that works for making htis go away or at the very least minimize it. Does anyone  know what is the most effective product @ Sephora for treating this condition?? it would be immensely helpful because I haven't worn anything close to shorts since i was about thirteen as I got teased about it...now I'm twenty six years old & I am still afraid to wear shorts or skirts without leggings or darker tights. someone please h,elp!!! I'm sick of having legs people tease me about. even now when I'm twenty six!!!

beautylovingirl

Re: Keratosis Pilaris - or - "Chicken SKin"

[ Edited ]

If you absolutely sure that's what you have there is product called Glytone and they make a body kit. It's especially for Keratosis Pilaris. You can research it and see if it is right for you. I forgot to say Sephora doesn't sell it but you can look at essentialdermcare.com Hope this helps!

DTalksAll

I have a mild case on my arms.

Wash with a glycolic body wash & then moisturize, scrubs can be too harsh so stick with chemical exfoliation 2-3x a week.

KP Duty is great, but I like to layer it with another moisturizer after it's completely soaked in for added moisture. 

Be sure to wear sunscreen when out in the sun, glycolic acid increases skin sensitivity to the sun. 

broadwaybarbie

I have this EXACT same problem on my arms and have struggled with it for YEEEEARS! I am so sorry you have this as well, but need not fear! There is a product that I can recommend; it is called "KP Duty" and it is formulated specifically to treat Keratosis Pilaris!! Yay for a working product, right?! haha :smileyhappy: I popped into Sephora last week or so and a worker told me about this and gave me a sample. Of course I would recommend you go in and get your own sample and try it out for yourself. This is of course an investment your making on your wallet and your body really, so you want to invest time as well. I have been using it for a week and am loving the results. It does take a bit to see anything change, but I can see the bumps are getting visibly smaller and the skin is smooth as a baby's bum haha :smileywink:  Another thing, if I may, I can recommend a product called "Yes to Carrots" but the cucumber branch of that line. I use the body cleanser and the lotion. Cucumbers I've learned are for cleansing out the skin, so by using this twice a day on my arms I am clearing out all of the impurities and helping the "KP Duty" to do its job even better! 

I know this was a lot, but I know I've struggled with "chicken skin" for much too long, so if I can help someone else to get rid of it faster than it took me, Ill jump at that chance haha :smileyhappy: 

I hope this helped! let me know if you try it :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

It would be best to see your family doctor or go to a dermatologist to make absolutely sure what it is.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • beautylovingirl
    • broadwaybarbie
    • WhereYouStand