ChicDabbler

Is it safe (for the products) to be sitting outside for 3 days?

Of course my package would arrive the DAY of my flight. I leave in the morning, it arrives in the afternoon. Lovely. So when it does arrive it will end up sitting outside for 3 days before I come back. There isn't really any worry about stealing, but with the subzero weather, I'm not sure what it's going to do to the Diorific lipstick or the bottle of toner. Is that ok?

ivyxox

Re: Is it safe (for the products) to be sitting outside for 3 days?

I think it depends on where you live. If you live in Toronto (-20 degree), the toner will definitely freeze! 

Nicrohr

Also, I left my NEW Guerlain Rouge G in the car overnight on record cold day (def below freezing) - no damage, but I think it was lucky!

Heatoyos1

I believe that there is an option for you to change the delivery date with UPS. 

ChicDabbler

There is, but you have to pay $5. It is against my philosophy to pay for shipping. Time to buckle up and talk to my neighbors....

glossyguru

I would try to have someone you trust take it and keep it inside their house until you get back, better not to take any chances...

mafan

Did you sign up for MY UPS through Sephora?  I think it's free to have them hold your package at one of their facilities.  Or a nominal cost (which is definitely better than letting them freeze).

ChicDabbler

Their facility is 2hr drive away (one way). Hhhmmmm, I guess leaving it at my door is definitely not an option. Neighbors in apt change so frequently I never bother to talk to them.....aww geeze, this is going to require me to come out of my anti-social shell. *sigh* alright fine, I'll do it for Dior.

SallieSunshine

Bahaha! Okay, we need to be able to add little tag lines to our nicknames and avatars. Phrases that we can change whenever we want. Because "I'll do it for Dior" would totally be mine right now! :smileyhappy:

SirenPrincess

Thank you for the laugh of the day :-)

comfyrock

What about killahbabes' "They reward me with hearts and then I got be punishing"? Too long; maybe just the first part.

killahbabe

[ Edited ]

I just happened to scroll down on BT to read this! Thank you for reminding me and making me laugh so loud my dog ran out of the room (he's a hater).

Here's the image I made to go with it for anyone who hasn't seen it and for those who fondly remember it (Comfyrock, I'm looking at you!) :smileyvery-happy:

theyreward.jpg

If this could be my catchphrase on BT... I would use it!

comfyrock

I :heart: this idea!

Nicrohr

on My UPS I can change the delivery date to later (when you get home) for no cost.  Just FYI!

ChicDabbler

That's if you upgraded your account to premium. For basic account you have to pay $5. I talked to my neighbor and it's a go, altho they do have to sign. I hope they are home at that time. My UPS have a habit of delivering packages early afternoon during work hours. >.<

comfyrock

"I'll do it for Dior."  :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

SallieSunshine

Uh oh. Is it scheduled to arrive tomorrow? Can you call UPS and ask them to hold delivery? Or leave a note on your door? Or get a neighbor to help? I would NOT want to leave those treasures outside during this weather.

Also, if you know any BTers in your city/town, I bet someone would be willing to pick it up for you to keep it safe and warm!

mnbabe

Nope...toner is gonna freeze. :smileysad: Isn't there anyone you can call who could keep at your house until your return?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 34 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan
    • ivyxox
    • mnbabe
    • glossyguru