ritams

In what order do I apply my daytime/nighttime routines?

Daytime

oil or serum

de-puffing eye cream

moisturizer with spf

Nighttime

oil or serum

glycolic acid cream

eye cream

moisturizer

valentinamia

Re: In what order do I apply my daytime/nighttime routines?

(0) Hearts

I always like to apply eye cream first before anything else, because some things should not get that close to your eyes... Eye cream can act like a kind of barrier, which is nice.  

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I use similar products in the day and night and this is what I am doing, which seems to be working well:

Daytime:

1st: I use my Ole Henrickson Truth Serum first, as i want to ge the best benfits fro this products in the day, and like to apply it in my crows feet area by my eyes.

2nd: Origins Ginzeng Eyecream

3rd: moisturizer, which chages between my Muradultra hydrating moistuizer, or another one with SPF, depending on my plans for the day

Nighttime:

1st: Noxema pads with 2% salicylic acid for acne control. if i don;t use something to prevent acne, i get really bad breakouts, so i use my acne treatment first, to  make sure I get the best benefits from the product.

2nd: truth serum

3rd: Origins plantscription anti aging eye cream

4th: Murad ultra hydrating moisturizer

mafan

I apply eye cream first. Nothing else should be getting that close to your eyes to matter, anyway. 

After that, I'm thinking the acid cream is an exfoliant. I'd treat it like a toner and do it after your cleanser. 

Next, serum. I'm not sure why you are putting oil and serum together but I don't know your products. I don't know if they are really interchangeable or not; mine would not be. 

Last, moisturizer. 

In general, the theory is lighter weight/thinner to heavier. If the serum and oil are really different, consider doing both, serum first. 

If you switch to a separate SPF from that in your moisturizer, apply it after your moisturizer, regardless of consistency. Just an FYI in case you change products. 

beautylovingirl

Daytime:

1.Eye Cream-I do this first to let in soak in before I apply my other products so I get the full benefit.

2.Serum

3..Moisturizer

Nightime:

1.Eye Cream

2.Oil or serum - Is it necessary for you to use a glycolic acid cream and a moisturizer? I would do the glycolic acid cream alone if your skin is not really dry. Hope this helps~

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • mafan
    • beautylovingirl
    • DesertRose0706
    • valentinamia
    • ritams