lisa27

How quick do you use up your face moisturizer? one month? two months?

Hey ladies, I was wondering how quick you usually finish up your face moisturizer... I bought the Fresh's Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream (1.7 oz.) and am more than 3/4 through the jar. It's been about 1.5 months - I use it day and night.

Am I using too much or is this normal? I'd like to hear about your stories too :smileyhappy:

lisa27

Re: How quick do you use up your face moisturizer? one month? two months?

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone for the input!

I think I'll try out CeraVe's moisturizer after I finish my current one, otherwise it'd be way too pricey to keep restocking these face creams every other month! :smileyhappy:

bethhurst

(0) Hearts

it sounds normal to me, but usage is more of a preference, in my opinion. a typical 1.7 oz jar of moisturizer, used twice daily, lasts me approximately one month.

katie723

I think that seems about right, lisa27! I use Devita's Protective Moisturizer with SPF 30 during the day and you only need a tiny amount, so it lasts me about 8 months. The fact that I don't use it at night explains its longevity.

If you want to stretch out your dollar, maybe you can add one drop of a face oil and use less moisturizer? :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

omgosh idk. I wanna say 6mons + . Ive been using my clinique one in the large size, probably 3.4oz? i used it for maybe 2-3 months then switched to a lighter one in the summer for about 3-4 months and was a little more than half way on it and it was 3oz. i think i used more because it was lighter.

rdesigns

(0) Hearts

I use Kate Somerville's Deep Tissue Repair Cream (1 oz) twice a day, and I find that I have to reorder it every 4-6 weeks.  If I mix it with her Quench Oil Free Hydrating Face Serum, I can go a little bit longer.  I am finding that it is probably much more economical to buy the luxury size (5 oz).  My skin tends to be a bit oily, so I am not using a ton of product each time I apply it.  I also won't keep any jar of cream that has been opened for more than a few months unless it has a pump or press dispenser that does not require any spatulas or fingers that actually touch the product.

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

That's completely normal imo. I used up a 60ml jar in 2 months :smileysad:

beautytester

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hmm, it usually take me 6m to use it up if I use it once a day, so that would be 3m if used twice a day. Do you use it on your neck also? If yes then you will use it up faster than me. It does sound like you are using it up a bit fast, but not like you dunked your head in there. If you find yourself having to slather it on in order for it to be hydrating enough for you, perhaps its time to find a richer cream. If where you live have 4 distinct seasons, perhaps it's better to use different summer/winter moisturizers.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • katie723
    • beautytester
    • ivyxox
    • rdesigns
    • bethhurst