ChicDabbler

How long do you take to shower?

[ Edited ]

So there's lots of articles saying things like, oh, you should not stay in the shower for more than 10-15min. I don't understand how you can wash everything in 10-15min cuz, honestly, skincare alone take ~10min, so does the hair, and the body (5 min to rub things on 5 min to rinse things off thoroughly). I'm physically incapable of taking less than 30min shower unless I skip washing something (and usually it's 40min). How long does it take for you to shower? Any time saving tips? o.O

ladymeag

Re: How long do you take to shower?

15 minutes if I'm shaving or washing hair. 10 if not. Over half of my head is shaved and the remaining hair is shorter than shoulder length, though, which makes washing and conditioning my hair a short process; which I only do twice a week anyway. I don't wash my hair and shave on the same day. Most of my time is exfoliation - I'd say probably 7 of the 10 minutes most days. 

kittichick

The shower itself can be anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on what I'm doing (washing/conditioning hair, shaving, exfoliating), but typical is about 20. Overall it takes me 1.5 hours to get ready in the morning. I don't like that it takes that long, but... oh well. I'm not skimping on the skin care or makeup!

MikuNerd65

Honestly I take about 20-30 minutes to do everything, and even after that. It's another 30 to put lotion on, clean my face and blow-dry/put products in my hair to make it presentable for tomorrow. I wish I knew time saving tips, but if I do that I have to skip something :/

pinktorridora

[ Edited ]

My parents house has a tankless water heater and so there is unlimited hot water, which spoiled me when I was growing up. I get about 15-20 minutes of hot water now at my house, and I struggle. Here's my routine:

Shampoo, rinse

Wash face with Clarisonic, rinse

Apply conditioner to hair

Wash body with loofah

Rinse out conditioner and rinse off body

I try to shave my legs ahead of time, otherwise I end up running out of not water.

A tankless water heater is a non-negotiable in our next house, for sure.

Mandy826

I spend around 10 minutes including shampoo/conditioner, shaving, and washing my body. I suppose I've just learned to be quick over the years after going to sleep away camp, living with two sisters, and being in college. 

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I'm that way too but lounge in a bubble bath. 

Candy357

If I am washing the hair, there is no way I can do this in 15 minutes!
It always takes half an hour. So I have no idea how you can do that rule.
Specially if you have long hair and alot of it.

But when I don't wash the hair, it is less than 15 minutes for sure.

musttryitall

I have tried to get my showers under 20 minutes, very challenging since I have long hair and need to condition it every time. I use the clarisonic in the shower to cleanse my face so it takes me longer.

KrispiKreme

TBH, it totally depends on who is coming in with me. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I've been able to shower alone since having kids. So alone showers = me time = I'm gonna be in there for an hour with steaming hot water. Normally, showers are just 60 seconds in and out just to wash whatever gross baby goop I'm covered in. To actually get clean, it'll end up being a 45 minute ordeal with 2 kids in the bathtub with me. They splash and try to dump out my shampoo/conditioner while I desperately try to get everything done ASAP. 

Nicrohr

lol I thought this was going to be a much racier story.

FireSpinner

Depends on how much i'm doing. If I 'm going to have a bath (soak), shave, exfoliate, and everything - i'm probably gonna be about 45 - 50 minutes.

*Lush bath bombs anyone? :smileyhappy:*

If i'm only doing the basics like my hair, body wash, etc Then i might be 10 - 15 minutes. And yes, I'll be very clean afterwards. *Just in case anyone is wondering :smileywink:*

BeautyJunkie325

If I have to wash my hair it's probably 20 minutes.  If not, then it's about 15 minutes.  I don't typically use my facial cleanser in the shower, I normally do that at the sink before I brush my teeth In the morning.  If i do shower at night (instead if a bath), I'll use my exfoliators in there.  It is easier to get the grit off in the shower. :smileyhappy:

txmommyofboys

15-20 minutes. I dont wash my face in the shower though. I do that at the sink after I brush my teeth.

sunflower837

My showers take about 5-6 minutes if I do not shave my legs, about 10 minutes if I do shave my legs.

The short showers stem from my years in a plethora of sports, especially CC in college.  ...not to mention that I have extremely dry skin and showers of any temperature zap my skin of moisture like "that".

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Heh, maybe I should have done sports in college. Actually I think my shower was a tad shorter back then cuz the showerhead in the dorm have excellent pressure and it only took seconds to get hot. My skin is getting drier so I should prob get out earlier, but the warmth is keeping me in there longer. X.X

Carmen1986

30 mins tops. Sometimes longer. I like to really enjoy my showers. Especially in the winter when I am a complete frozen fish stick lol. 

ChicDabbler

I know! It's so hard to get out of shower in the winter!!! It takes a while to get the water hot but by the time it gets nice and hot and steamy I'm pretty much done and I always throw an inner tantrum at myself for getting out of the shower. X.X

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Hahahaha I usually keep the shower on really hot when I get out so the steam keeps me warm as I get into something cozy :-D.

LCResz

Since I don't wash my hair during every shower, I am done in about 10 minutes. I am actually "allergic" to hot water, my skin goes nuts if I let it get wet for too long :smileysad: I use Cetaphil to wash my hands; it's all a bit of a nightmare but you learn to adapt :smileyhappy:

ladysybil

I usually shower for about 5 minutes when I'm in a rush and 15 minutes If I'm washing my hair. I usually do skincare stuff outside of the shower but I've got it down to a 5 minute routine. I love to sleep so I've learned to maximize my sleep time by not taking more than 30 minutes total to get ready in the morning. Looks like always waking up late for class in college paid off =P

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 88 replies
  • 111 hearts
  • 68 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • erren001
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave