cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dr. Gross Real Results Challenge

17_SPH_April_SkincareChallenge_SOCIAL_US_V2.jpg

Turn your skin on! We can’t wait for you to try our NEW C + Collagen Brighten & Firm Vitamin C Serum. This weightless, fast-absorbing gel-serum is power-packed with our proprietary vitamin C (3-O C technology) and energy complex plus collagen amino acids. 

Rev up tired looking skin for a tighter and brighter complexion! During the challenge, see an improvement in imperfections like dullness, dark spots, rough texture, and expression lines as skin is repaired and protected from aging and environmental aggressors.

Use this thread to share your results, learn tips, and ask any questions you may have. We will be checking here throughout the challenge to answer your questions. Can’t wait to see your results!

Re: Dr. Gross Real Results Challenge

My skin is glowing!  I'm so glad I tried the 7 day challenge.  Actually, I got 2-3 days out of each packet so I guess it's more like the 21 day challenge lol.  I used it at night after cleansing  so I don't know if it works before makeup. Yes, it smells and feels a little like glue, but that goes away in seconds and then it absorbed into my skin.  I followed with moisturizer as per the instructions. Waking up to smooth bright skin each morning, was amazing and well worth it.  Even my sun spots faded and fine lines smoothed. I know everyone's skin is different, I'm grateful this worked on mine. 

@sunlily we LOVE hearing results like this! Who doesn't want smooth bright skin in the morning? 

I used up all my packets and was happy to notice a positive impact in brightness and tone. I just placed an order for the full size.

@Christin13 amazing! You have brightened our day! 

I tried the dr. Dennis gross c+ collagen challenge. But after 2 days my face broke out and got all red and splotchy. This product was not for me. My skin did not like it. 

@cherrybombs1987 We are so sorry to hear this product did not agree with your skin! While we extensively test our products, it is very likely that there may be an ingredient in this product that your skin is naturally allergic to. You can find the full ingredient list on both our outer packaging and our website. We recommend contacting your physician immediately if adverse reactions occur from use.

We hope you are feeling better!

I tried the algenist challenge, but did not see many results. I am happy to say that I have tried this for on and off for five days now and I am seeing some brightness in my freckling. I would love to buy the full price but I am in college and it's a bit out of my price range, hopefully they can come out with a smaller size. I know some of my friends would definitely purchase it because they have also noticed the changes in my skin.

I got the 7 day samples and love the serum! I've been using various Vitamin C serums for years including with ferulic acid and this is the best yet. I apply after the alpha beta original pads and my face has been glowing. I only use half the packet which is enough for my face, neck and hands. I have not found that it pills when I apply my make up. I have rosacea and my skin has been less red. I'll purchase the serum. 

@Mebs2 We love that you love our serum (and peels)!

I got the samples.  This product has the consistency and smell of glue.  My face was sticky and it pills on your face if you put on any other product over it.  I'm not sure the long term effects of the serum because I only used one packet.  I can't get over the glue smell.

@wkalski We recommend that you do not use the full sample packet when you apply. Our recommended dosage is only 1-2 pumps of the full size bottle.

Lol, I find that any "unscented" face product tends to smell like glue to me.

The product pilling on your face may be as a result of you applying your makeup before the product has had a chance to absorb.  I know ten minutes sounds like a lot of wasted time in the morning, but it seems to be the required amount of time I need to avoid pulling with most products.  <That's without having read the instructions.  Is it perhaps meant for evening applications?  If not I would also try simply applying less product as your skin can only absorb so much.  I find most sample packets provide you with more product than you actually need for one application.  

Skincare junkie here lol. I was super excited to try out the new Vit C serum from the Dennis Gross line (I have yet to find one that doesn't irritate my skin).

Unfortunately, the packets came smashed with my order 😞

Sensitive skin gals- what's your take on this product? Should I place another order (I'm sure I could find something else I need from Sephora.com lol) and give it a shot?? 

I got the 7 day samples and just cut them open and put them into an old serum glass dropper bottle. I was pleasantly surprised at how much you actually get with all of them put together. I used a 1 ounce glass bottle and it almost filled it up half way. I believe you get .35 ounce with all of them together! Thats pretty awesome for a free sample!!!! :))

I've been trialing this and liking it so far! I read that using niacinamides and vitamin c together can cause flushing to the skin but i didn't notice any of that eventhough both are in this serum's ingredient list. If i use another serum/skincare with niacinamide,  would that be too much if i layered that over this? 

@Adorabellas Niacinamide can certainly be used in conjunction with a stabilized form of Vitamin C. In our C + Collagen line, we use 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, the most effective stabilized form of vitamin C. 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid maintains its acidic properties to penetrate deep into the skin, working on both the hydro (water) - and lipophilic (oil) phases of the cell. Short term, your skin will appear brighter and smoother. Long term, you will experience a reduction in appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. The C + Collagen serum is a complete treatment on its own including both 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid and niacinamide. Therefore, it is not necessary to layer another niacinamide product on top.

I have sensitive skin and rosacea. I layer niacinamide serum over Vitamin C with no problem. I've never experienced any flushing doing this. I have found the combo works to keep my skin calm. 

How do I get this offer?

@snooky  Use code "COLLAGEN" at checkout!

I've been using Dr. Dennis Gross' ferulic acid line for about one year now. I got the sample of this new serum through the promo. I've only used one packet but I'm on the fence because it seems to leave a film on my face that becomes little pieces when I apply make up. I used only a little bit (1/5) of the sample packet and wait for it to dry completely before applying my moisturizer, followed by BB cream. 

So far, I'm not sure if I like this more than the ferulic + retinol brightening solution which is always absorbed immediately and gives me a nice glow. 

But I've only used one packet so I'll try more. I would like to know if this is a good product to be used at nighttime instead of daytime? Instead of ferulic acid in the brown bottle?  

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 17_SPH_April_SkincareChallenge_SOCIAL_US_V2.jpg
testing