Answer
babybear04
Don't lose hope and THANK YOU!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a thought with people who have been struggling with their skin like me.  For the past five years or so, I've been suffering from this weird acne (bumps all over face under the skin), and have tried literally everything on the market, including prescrption treatments.  THOUSANDS worth of useless products.

Even though it seems like NOTHING is working and I'm doomed, I remind myself that I WILL find a solution and I force myself to not lose hope.  I don't know what measures I'll have to take, the money I'll have to spend, or how long it will be, but I know one day that I WILL have the beautiful, clear skin that's hiding beneath this acne of mine.  I REFUSE to lose hope.

There have been so many times I've been frustrated, sad, depressed, ect.  Even moments where I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror.  But I still stay positive.  One of the things that has helped me stay positive are these boards.  All summer (while dealing with this horrific acne, recovering from foot surgery that has left me basically immobile during recovery, and adjusting to a gluten-free diet...yeah, talk about triple wammy) I have become pretty active on here in reading posts and offering my thoughts and suggestions.  It's really refreshing to know that I'm not the ONLY one who has insecurities, and it's so nice to read/hear from people just like me, rather than people who are just trying to make a sale.  So for that, I thank you.  All of you.  For being there to offer me your suggestions, inspire me to step outside my comfort zone, and remind me never to lose hope!

No matter what your battle is, don't lose hope.  When you begin to lose hope, all else fails. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
anaa
Answered

I suffered with acne well into my forties, so I understand how you're feeling.  My skin cleared up late in life, but I do think there are better treatments now and the trick is to keep trying as you have been until you find the right products.  I have been using Perricone products which I always highly recommend.  His line is more anti aging but it does have some acne treatment products.  Good luck to you, you have a great outlook!

projulie
Answered
Hi, Thank you so much for sharing your story. This is so inspiring to read and encouraging for everyone. Again, thank you again for this message. What a great way to go on throughout your day. Have a great day. Julie
maltipoo66
Answered
This is such a wonderful post! I'm glad this community has helped you out-it's definitely helped me too! Like you said, everyone has their insecurities, even though it's easy to forget that, and makeup can make you feel that extra bit more confident. Thanks for contributing! Talk to you soon.
makeupobesessed
Answered

It's good to hear that you haven't lost hope.  While my face problems or even life problems may be different, we do all have our own insecurities.  I have adult acne that won't quit, but I've made it more manageable.  Mine is on my chin periodically, but enough to make me totally self conscious and depressed at times.  These boards  do offer help and at least some companionship.  And you can ask for advice that may help, if only for a little bit, because in my experience, noting keeps my acne gone forever.  It may help it clear up for a few weeks, but I'll take it.  Also remember that beauty is only skin deep and I'm sure the ppl around you aren't looking at your  acne, they love you for many other reasons that have nothing to do with your face.  Not sure what you've tried, but I'd see a dermatologist, bc mine is wonderful and understanding about my issues aNd the stuff she's recommended has helped immensely.  I will supplement with products bought from Sephora too, and Kate Somerville EradiKate has helped a lot.  At this point, my face has gotten used to it, and it has stopped working for  me, but at first it was a life saver.  Many ppl on he talk about Peter Thimas Roth line, and I love that line too.  Good luck with recovery and your acne, it'll get better!  To me, the money is worth my self confidence I get from a clear face!

sarah5530
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have the EXACT same problem. Since I turned 27 I have been getting these bumps all over my face. I am not 31. It has become a constant dilemma and something that, no matter what I do, does not go away! I even went on accutane for 6 months and I still get these huge bumps that take forever to go away. I've lost hope honestly :-(

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 11 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • maltipoo66
    • anaa
    • makeupobesessed
    • projulie
    • babybear04
    • sarah5530