Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

It's not a face lotion, but I've been using Farmacy Green Screen Daily Enviornmental Protector Broad Spectrum Mineral Sunscreen (could the name get any longer??) I have oily skin and while this looks like it will leave white cast, it absorbs within 5 minutes and I don't need to use any moisturizer with it.

I'm mid 10s with acne-prone dry skin.

I use at night:

1. Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser

2. Lush's Dark Angels Cleanser

3. COSRX's One Step Pimple Pad

4. Glossier Solution (can't wait for the restock!!)

5. LANEIGE Water Bank Essence

6. LANEIGE Water Bank Moisture Cream

7. Tarte Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer Rainforest of the Sea

I am mid 20s with sensitive combination skin. I do experience lots of break outs (due to stress or new products)

I use 

1. Sephora Watermellon face wipes (when I wear makeup)

2. Tatcha deep cleanse 

3. Caudalie (Vinopure Natural Salicylic Acid Pore Minimizing Toner)

4. Skyn cooling daily lotion 

5. Kiehl's (avocado oil) eye cream 

6. Kate Sommerville (Eradikate) for when I get a pimple! 

7. Glow Recipe- Watermellon Face Mask - over night once a week 

General comments - my skin is improving with this routine, my top 2 that I would recommend would be the daily cooling lotion from Skin and the Kiehls eye cream 

30, normal skin with a real love of extra moisture even though I wouldn't consider it to be dry - I can be comfortable with very little moisture added. I'm 7 months post-partum so hormones have changed my skin a bit. 

AM:

1) Son & Park Beauty Water for a light exfoliating toning/cleansing

2) Herbivore Rose mist

3) Klairs Vitamin C Serum

4) Origins Gin-Zing Eye Cream

5) Belif Aquabomb moisturizer (summer), or Sunday Riley C.E.O. (Winter or when feeling a bit dry)

6) Supergoop Mineral Soothing SPF

PM: 

1) clinique take the day off balm

2) Derma doctor kakadu-c cleanser

3) FAB Facial Radiance Pads - OR - Pixi Glow Tonic

4) Youth to the People Superfood Eye Cream

5) Sunday Riley Luna Oil

6) FAB Ultra Repair Cream - OR - Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Oil - OR - Pixi Rose Oil

Ultimately, love me some oils, love some extra moisture. Try to do a bit of exfoliating at least twice a day. 

RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

I love this thread! I’m 16 and so far the only product I’ve rebought multiple times is my arbonne oil observing day lotion- it’s also one of the only products I own that’s not from sephora. I use a different cleanser depending on the day and I like getting mini cleansers so I can always change it up because my skin has been changing every year and I never use up a full size. The only toner I ever actually loved is my belif bergamot herbal extract toner, which I apply using 100% organic cotton pads that I got from a Korean store. For exfoliating I am Ialways trying out different products and different types of exfoliators, like chemical or something grain-like, but the only consistent one has been my clarisonic brush. I expect I’ll be using that one until it literally breaks down, but if anyone has any suggestions for facial brushes that are just as effective and cheaper i’d love to hear it! For the day that’s all I really need and then at night I use an organic moisturizer from Sukín called super greens Nutrient Rich Facial moisturiser which is the ULTIMATE moisturizer oh my goodness after months of trying to get rid of an ever expanding dry spot, this product cleared it up in a week which was insane since every other thing I tried only made it worse. Having oily skin it’s really hard to find something that will stunt the oil production during the night so that I wake up with perfectly supple skin and not like a grease monster!

This thread really helps me get to know about skincare routine. Just realised where I stand in my skincare (no where)😔

Age 27 

Using only a bar soap, Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer. That's it ! Really ! 

Little history about my skin : 

Had bad acne breakouts earlier (3 years back ) It's now settled, only occasional minimal breakouts. Now I have combo/sensitive skin. 

Skin feels dry after wash, ok after moisturizer, feeling flaky, not using makeup.

Afraid to try or add anything on my skin due to my past acne history 😔

Now after reading this thread I got to know about skincare routine and products.

But I couldn't select the products to start with. Please help me to find anything (cleansers, toners, serum, moisturizer,oil) also kindly recommend that goes well to me ! 

Will add one by one to my routine !! It's high time for me to do it !

Thanks in Advance !

I feel the same way too lol. I only have a three-step skin care routine and everyone else here have these long elaborate routines. 

@GK17 Don’t feel bad about having little to no skincare routine yet. I feel like it comes with time and it’s never too late! 

I would recommend finding a cleanser first to replace the bar soap (which is probably the culprit that’s drying your skin). I have oily/combo skin and like to use the Cerave foaming cleanser. I think they have different ones for different skin types. 

My favorite moisturizer is the Glow Recipe watermelon pink juice moisturizer. It’s lightweight, absorbs quickly and doesn’t cause me to breakout. Another moisturizer I like is the First Aid Beauty ultra repair cream. It looks thick and heavy but keeps my skin moisturized without any breakouts.  

Another step you could add is a toner. I like using the Ole Henriksen oil controlling toner and the Son and Park Beauty water. Both do a great job at preventing breakouts and controlling my oily t-zone without leaving my skin dry/tight feeling.

I’d suggest introducing new products to your routine slowly so your skin can adjust and you can observe any positive/negative effects from them. I hope this helps you out!!!  

@CakesCakes Really appreciate your advice 😊  just started of my skincare routine with purity by philosophy cleanser, ole truth serum (finds it causing redness, may be I'm sensitive to it , so discontinued for now) and ole sheer transformation moisturizer. Liked the cleanser and moisturizer. Trying exfoliants now (haven't exfoliated before) loved the sample of DE baby facial

Will add toner too ! Still in hunt for toner/serum/exfoliants/eye cream. Any suggestions you have for me to add these ?

Thanks again ! 

@GK17 No problem! I’m still trying to find a good skincare routine for myself. 

My favorite toner is the Son and Park beauty water. My favorite K-beauty toner is the Klairs  Supple Preparation Facial toner. The Klairs toner is more like an essence- I use it after toning my face and before moisturizer. I love it! 

My favorite exfoliating product is the Neogen Lemon pads. I recommend these to everyone I know lol. Also, a chemical exfoliant I like using is Cosrx AHA 7% Whitehead power liquid. With the Cosrx one, I can see a big difference in my skin the next morning after using it. My skin is not very sensitive so I’m able to use exfoliants 2-3x a week. I’m curious about the DE babyfacial but need to get a sample before splurging.  I’m almost afraid to try it, incase it does work for me. Then I’ll feel the need to buy it! 😁 

RE: Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

You’re exactly like me! My mother is turning 60 and she doesn’t look a day over 45 because of good skincare routines. She wanted me to take good care of my skin, but I eventually got lazy. She doesn’t use makeup either. I, on the other hand, started using makeup in high school and in college, and I developed bad acne because of change in diet, stress, and sleep deprivation! I never had a skincare routine, but now, I’m starting to take better care. I have sensitive and combination skin. Tend to get oily at certain times of the day and dry during others. I started with Clinique 3 step back in the day with my mom. Mild liquid soap, clarifying lotion, and dramatically different moisturizing lotion. Kept it simple with Dove sensitive bar soap for showering. I was afraid to experiment with different products. Recently, I’ve been experimenting with Origins and Boscia. I bought a small bottle of Origins Checks & Balances face wash and it tightens my skin! During the evening, I use Boscia’s Black Charcoal Cleanser. So far it’s worked wonders! I slack in moisturizing, but I use Clinique’s lotion as mentioned still, or I use a face mask. Sephora’s green tea mask is wonderful and affordable! I’m subscribed to Sephora Play and I received a sample for Peter Thomas Roth Firmx Gel Exfoliant to remove dead skin. If it works I will definitely pick this up as an occasional product for my routine!

23|combo|sensitive skin - been a Clinique user my whole life. I started using makeup mid-high school and regularly during college. My pores were a mess! Now I’m working two jobs and don’t get home sometimes until 1:30-2am, so I don’t always have a set routine. Sephora’s green tea exfoliating wipes are my go-to! I use Origins Checks & Balances face wash during the day and Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser at night. To top off, I would use Clinique’s dramatically different moisturizing lotion or a choice of a face mask.

31 combo/sensitive skin. Concerns: Acne, dull, dehydration, anti aging. I use a lot of different products and don't stick to the same routine. Depends on how I'm feeling, what I did the day before as far as my skin etc but this is usually what I do. AM : Cleanse with Burts bees brightening cleanser, Garnier rose water, Murads hydrodynamic essence, Sunday Riley Ceo, Murads vit c spf 15 eye cream, L'Oréal triple power SPF 20. If I use a Primer I use Hourglass mineral veil. PM: Glamglow cream to foam cleanser, Serums I change up : Murad retinoid serum, Peter Thomas Roth unturbo, Murads Glycolic serum. Same with moisturizers I change, PTR cloud cream, Murad hydrodynamic moisturizer, Murads retinol, PTR Laser regenerator. Eye cream: Murads retinoid eye cream, PTR laser regenerator. I also just started some products from The Ordinary the Lactic acid, retinoid and the argan oil. I do sheet masks three times a week, and do a chemical peel or microdermabrasion once a week.

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Note: I don't use every product here every day, and I also use other products occasionally. I'm 23, and while I have fairly normal skin I live in a very dry environment, and we're only just now starting to come out of winter. I tend to use products meant for dry skin in the winter, and ease back during the summer. I have some uneven skin tone and acne scarring issues. I like to start out the morning by using the Korres Wild Rose Buff Cleanser to wash my face, and I tone with the Son & Park Beauty Water on a thin cotton pad, followed by a spritz of the Caudalie Grape Water (a favorite). If I'm in the shower I'll use the Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser with my Clarisonic instead. Typically I use the Caudalie Premiere Cru Serum and Eye Cream, but I just got the Drunk Elephant C-Tango eye cream so I'll be trying that out soon. For moisturizer, I use a half-pump each of Drunk Elephant's Lala Retro Whipped Cream and Protini, though I'm going to stop adding the Lala in the morning soon (once it warms up). At night, I do most of the same, though I use the Clinique makeup wipes/Sephora Collection Micellar Cleansing Milk instead of a normal cleanser. I'll use the Drunk Elephant TLC Glycolic Night Serum the most regularly, a couple nights a week, and occasionally use the Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil (not pictured) or the Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial (also not pictured). You can definitely see which brands and products I tend to lean towards the most, lol. Overall, if I did every step of this routine more regularly, I'm sure I would see better results, but most days I skip my serums... That said, my skin is definitely brighter, smoother, and less red than it used to be when I started using these.

How do you like Pro-tini and LaLa? I used the Framboos while pregnant and felt very meh about it, but it was in place of my Sunday Riley Luna oil and a glycolic just couldn't compare to a retinoid for me. 

I love so many of these products-you have great taste in skincare 🥂 Interested in your thoughts on how you like c-tango from DE!
Anonymous Insider

I am 14.  I have very little acne, I usually get a few around that time of the month though.  lol. I do also have little bumps on my forehead. I have combination skin. This is what I use in order. 

• oil cleanse with coconut oil
  • The grandpa soap company charcoal soap with the clarisonic mia 2
  • Burts Bees willow bark exfoliator at night
  • Witch hazel for toner
  • coconut oil mixed with aloe vera and vitamin e 
  • aloe vera gel for eye cream its naturally cooling and helps to depuff
  • peppermint essential oil on blemishes ( anti- bacterial )
  • clean and clear spot treatment on blemishes
  • aloe vera on blemishes to help the redness after treating acne
  • then Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel for AM and Shea Moistures problem skin moisturizer with tea tree oil for PM

Age: 33 -- Type: Dry/Combination (shifted from oily to dry due to new environment) -- I tried many brands and settled on La Prairie for skincare, and Glamglow+Dr. Dennis Gross for functional masks (sometimesBlue Dr. Jart- I dislike the yellow in pic). When I'm home I usually use Sunday Riley products for AHA/retinol, but for traveling or for important days, I bring Dr. D Gross peeling pad, Glamglow samples, and Shiseido sheet mask. I really love Glamglow products, especially theblack, white, and purple. For cleansing I've always loved Shiseido extra gentle cleansing foam, but after it discontinued I moved onto Ibuki and White line. Clarisonic is just amazing. For foundation, I've used many brands but found La Prairie the best.

So much brand loyalty 😮👌

So much brand loyalty 😮👌

Re: RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

I haven't heard much about La Prairie, @hmmmq. Would you mind telling me a little more about some of their products that you like? 

RE: Re: RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

La Prairie is recommended if you have dehydrated dry skin. I used to have oily skin, and had I used la prairie then I would've broken out. I don't have in the picture (currently using blue just because I have the sample) but I definitely recommend their pink toner 'Cellular Softening and Balancing Lotion'- one swipe with this and your skin's set evenly and balanced. Next a-must-have is their oil, 'Swiss Ice Crystal Dry Oil'- I tried many cosmetic brands before and have not found something better than this yet. It's very light, fast-absorbing, non-greasy (seriously not), and sits very comfortably on the skin. It's perfect for those with dry skin looking for soothing+moisturizing. Anyone into eye creams, combination of La Prairie's 'Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex with Caviar Extract' AND 'Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream' is recommended. Essence is extremely light, and is for all around the eyes, while the creams is more for the side where the crow's feet sit. They're light and good for those who break out easily or get milia due to products. Finally their foundation!!!! A-must-have for dry skins! Stay away if you have oily skin. 'Skin Caviar Concealer & Foundation' is extremely light, creamy, doesn't oxidize throughout the day, and is very moisturizing. It comes with a concealer (more of a highlighter imo) which is cery creamy too. It's famous for having smooth texture, with little going a long way. For example, Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk or Guerlain's gold or parure de lumiere are what I used before switching to La Prairie. While they needed one pump to apply to whole face, La Prairie only needs 1/3 of that to cover the whole face. It's extremely thin application but does its job in coverage, moisturizing much better than any other foundations. It's pricey for a foundation but because you only need so little each time, in a long run it's slightly cheaper than other branded foundations. Once I used this I just can't go back to Armani/Guerlain. I used to find them the best compared to shiseido lancome chanel muf mac shu uemura etc. Other La Prairie products are more optional imo, and think you can switch with other products. After I was impressed with the foundation I just ended up buying the whole set.
2,407 Replies
testing