Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Skin type: Combination, leaning towards oily  in the summer, slightly dry in winter. Right now, I'm an oil slick. Hormonal acne. Fine lines around my eyes, pretty severe "11s" that I hate with a passion.

I'm using:

Bioderma first and foremost to remove makeup at night, grease in the morning

Erno Laszlo charcoal detoxifying cleansing bar

Ole Henrickson spray on toner (day and night)

Darphin serums (Exquisage and Predermine) day and night

Dr Jart Water Fuse moisturizer sample

La Mer Eye Gel

At night, I may add (on occasion):

P50 lotion

Glow Recipe Watermelon sleeping mask

Bio Peel Lemon

And I finally have a big bottle of Sunday Riley Good Genes coming to me, which I've really been missing

Dr Dennis Gross alpha beta peels

Which treatment I use really just depends on how my skin is behaving. Glow Recipe is the gentlest, if I just need brightening. Bio Peel is also pretty gentle, if my skin needs a little unclogging. Dr Dennis Gross when I really need a little help, and P50 when my skin is so congesting that I can't handle it.

I loved the Dr. Dennis Gross pads, but I am converted to the Peter Thomas Roth ones and I can say that work just as well for a fraction of the price. Highly recommend! I've also suffered with hormonal acne on and off and AHAs have helped so much (to the extent that topical treatments are able to help).

RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Age: 25 skin type: combo/ occasional hormonal breakouts Am routine(most of the days): Fresh Soy Face cleanser. Mario Badescu Special Cleansing Lotion C for toner. May Goop Raw Sauce as essence(loving this!). For serum I alternate on using the ordinary's Alpha Arbutin and Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum. Followed by niacinamide+zinc (when I'm not using the truth serum). Belif aquabomb for moisturizer. SPF I use is the Julep No Excuse Invisible sunscreen. PM routine: Neutrogena makeup wipes, shiseido ibuki cleanser, caudalie detoxyfying mask(2x a week), neogen biopeel lemon(every other night). The ordinary's glycolic toner(when i'm not using the biopeel) May Goop Raw sauce for essence. I alternate on using The ordinary's salicylic acid and advance retinoid for serum. For moisturizer I alternate on using the korres wild rose vit c oil and Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. laneige sleeping mask for extra hydration (3x a week) *i have hyperpigmentations so the products I use are mainly for brightening and also moisturizing since acids can be very drying on the skin. *when I'm having hormonal breakouts I use Mario Badescu buffering lotion.

Skin Type: Dry/Sensitive

Concerns: hormonal acne, scarring

AM:

1) Oil Cleanser (Tatcha Camelia or Kiehls Midnight Recovery Cleansing Oil)

2) Alpha Skincare Nourishing eye cream

3) Finacea prescription (azelaic acid 15%)

4) The Ordinary Niacinamide+ Zinc treatment

5)Cera Ve Moisturizing lotion with a few drops of some sort of oil (rotates between The Ordinary Marula or Squalane oil as well as Fresh Seaberry) 

6) Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essense sunscreen 

PM: This one varies a lot depending on the state of my skin ad honestly, my mood

1) Farmacy Green Clean Balm Cleanser

2) Cleansing oil (see AM) or Drunk elephant Pekee bar)

3) Alpha Skincare Nourishing eye cream

4) Sunday Riley Luna or Retin-A 0.05%

5) Either The Ordinary Niacinamide+ Zinc treatment or The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid

6) Cera Ve Moisturizing lotion with a few drops of some sort of oil (rotates between The Ordinary Marula or Squalane oil and Fresh Seaberry

Sometimes I'll use some Pixi glow tonic morning or night if my skin feels like it needs a good pick-me-up

Once a week: Either Drunk Elephant Babyfacial, Farmacy Honey mask, or NIOD Flavanone Mud

Age - 20

Skin type - dry, sensitive, acne-prone

AM routine

- single cleanse with Avene Antirougeurs cleanser (holy grail cream cleanser!)

- Thayer's witch hazel to tone

- Embryolisse

- Supergoop SPF 50 (I only apply once in the AM - I don't reapply throughout the day)

PM routine

- double cleanse with Avene Antirougeurs cleanser (I wear pretty light makeup, so this is enough to remove everything)

- Thayer's witch hazel to tone

- Kiehl's Midnight Recovery serum (SO pumped that Sephora carries Kiehl's now.  I recommend this serum to almost everybody.)

- Embryolisse or aloe vera gel

- if I have any active blemishes, I dot a tiny bit of the Caudalie glycolic peel on them and leave it overnight!

My skincare routine is constantly changing because I like to adjust it to the seasons and my skin issues. I also adjust it according to my environment, like if I'm getting on a plane, going somewhere humid/dry etc (used to be a flight attendant, still work for an airline). I recently bought a lot of The Ordinary skincare products and I've incorporated a lot of them in my skincare routine. My skin has never looked better!

Skin type: Combination/oily

Skin issues: black heads, enlarged pores around nose, dullness

AM

1. Rinse face with just water, unless face is greasy (facewash is for oil!)

2. Tone with Mario Badescu aloe vera toner

3. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% (brightening)

4. Biossance Squalene + Peptide Eye Gel

5. Erborian Pore Minimizing Powder Effect Essence on the T-zone

6. Lierac hydragenist moisturizing serum on the rest of the face

7. When I'm feeling lazy, I'll skip 5 and 6 and use Shiseido Ultimune power infusing concentrate instead

8. Tatcha pore perfecting water gel moisturizer

9. Lancome UV Expert Youth-Shield Aqua Gel

10. On the weekends when I want to be less high-maintenance, I'll just tone and put on Aesop Parsley Seed Serum mixed with a few drops of the Parsley Seed facial treatment without any moisturizer.

Note: I always wait 1-3 minutes between layers, otherwise everything ends up a goopy mess on my face. It's especially important to wait after moisturizing before putting on sunblock as it could dilute it. Giving sunblock a few minutes to sink it also keeps it from affecting your foundation.

PM

1. Use Bioderma micellar water to take off my makeup

2 Fancl washing powder + Clarisonic

3. Tone with Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner

4. The Ordinary "Buffet"

5. Talika Lipocils expert eyelash gel (so good to keep lashes long and healthy!)

6. The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG (for dark circles)

7. The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%/ The Ordinary 23% Vitamin C Suspension

8. Tatcha the Silk Cream (Best moisturizer ever!)

9. Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Corrective eye cream

10. The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed OIl (will skip if using Vitamin C as it's so greasy!)

11. I'll sometimes switch things up with a sleeping mask like Sulwhasoo Radiance Energy Mask, but then I'll definitely use less products, like maybe just SKII facial treatment essence and Buffet. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll just tone and slap on a thick layer of Kiehl's ultra facial overnight hydrating mask.

11. Laniege Sleeping Lip mask (only thing that keeps my lips from cracking)

SEMI-WEEKLY

1. Glycolic acid mask (currently using Caudalie)

2. Moisturizing sheet mask (generally something from Japan or Korea, they're the best!)

3. Deep Clean masks (love Glamglow and the detox one from Caudalie)

4. Firming mask (Peter Thomas Roth 24k gold luxury and lift mask)

5. Nuface for firming and drainage

6. Fresh sugar face polish for exfoliation

MONTHLY

Carbon laser peel or hydrafacial

Here is my current routine:

Skin type: Combo/Oily T-Zone

• Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil (Coconut oil to remove eye makeup)
  • Youth to the People Superfood Cleanser w/ Charcoal Konjac Sponge
  • Son & Park Beauty Water
  • Missha Time Revolution First Essence
  • The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Serum
  • The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG
  • Dr. Dennis Gross C+ Collagen Brighten and Firm Eye Cream*
  • Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer** +Rosehip Oil
  • Missha Near Skin Dustless Defense Sun Block (sunscreen is necessary!!!!)

I won this in a raffle at the Sephora BIC Party, along with the SpectraLite Eye Care Pro cyclops mask thingy, so I don't have any formed opinions on it yet. The mask makes me look like Scott, but I'm using it as a preventative thing since I don't have crows feet or 11's yet haha. I think Dr. Gross hugged me when I won it. I was tipsy. There is a picture somewhere.

** This was given to me by the lovely @Gwenhwyfar as she won it in a contest but cannot use it due to a soy allergy. I'm in love with it. I add a drop of rosehip oil for extra moisture + glow 🙂

I've been using the heck out of the "SUPERFOOD" promo for the YTTP Cleanser. I really like it as well as my second cleanse. It has a nice consistency! How long have you used the Niacinamide @malday? I started using it about 2 weeks ago and I'm not sure if it's love yet. 

@mrsbaineI could never use it during the day; my makeup would probably slide right off. Apparently they made that one because silicone diminishes its effectiveness, but then you have to deal with that horrible texture. I have the ascorbyl glucoside but haven't tried it yet. May just have to splurge for the Drunk Elephant C-Firma when they have the VIB Rouge sale in November!

Yeah, @EmiAUH, literally the exact same thing. I do use mine in the AM though. I wear sunscreen and I like the boost that I get from the Hylarounic Acid. I know they have a new one out that is in Silicone; I just don't know if I really want to use Silicone either. I am currently using the weaker Vit C they have and it's not as good. 

@mrsbaine I think Vit C is recommended at night usually (because of the sun an whatnot) and the other during the day. I tried doing that for a while, using both, but I'm SO BAD at a nighttime routine that I ended up not using my Vit C at all and missing the results lol. I haven't tried any Ordinary Vit C

@mrsbaineI've been using The Ordinary 23% Vit C Suspension for about a month now. Hate using it, hate the gritty texture, takes so long to absorb. Adds about 10 minutes to my nighttime routine just waiting for the greasiness to sink it. But it works. I have two hyperpigmentation spots that I'm trying to get rid of, and before it couldn't be covered with just my foundation and now it can. So kind of a love/hate thing...

@malday, I was using it at night and the Vit C in the morning. Have you tried the 23% Vit C? I "like" the results but hate the application. 

@mrsbaine I want to say I've been using it for a couple months? I can't say I've noticed any sort of difference haha. I actually replaced my Vit C with it (the 2 ingredients cancel out each others efficacy) but I'm thinking of just switching back or alternating days.

I've noticed that for summers on LA I have to go Korean....

I've noticed that for summers on LA I have to go Korean. Lots of layers of hydration just works so much better in the summer months. Just surprised me bc I'd written most of the Mizon (and some of my AM stuff) off last November until I realized how diff winter and summer skin is!

8/17 PM Age - 36 Condition - in need of exfoliation -JSS Plie [still not a fan of this] -Primary Raw Doyou 2 Step peel -Ordinary Caffeine Eye Serum -Farmacy Eye Dew -JSS Hydrate + Beuti Skincare Beauty Sleep Elixir + Kahina Giving Beauty Serum emulsified and applied over -Mahalo Love+ Coffee Toner -Josh Rosebrook Vital Balm Cream -Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask

Age 24. Skin Type: Normal/Dry/Sensitive. This is everythi...

Age 24. Skin Type: Normal/Dry/Sensitive. This is everything I use. In order, it's cleansers, toner, exfoliators, serums, eye treatments, SPF/moisturizers and masks.

RE: Age 24. Skin Type: Normal/Dry/Sensitive. This is everythi...

How often do you use all of this?

About every week. I alternate some when I run out of others.

About every week. I alternate some when I run out of others.

Skin type - Combo

Current Skin Condition - slightly dry and flaky

AM

1. Pacifica Kale Detox Deep Cleansing Face Wash

2. Shiseido Power Infusing Concentrate

3. Marcelle New-Age 8-in-1 Power Serum or Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum

4. Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream

5. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

6. Coola SPF 30 Cucumber Classic Sunscreen

PM

1. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

2. Prescription Retin-A cream (alternate with Glycolix Elite 15% Treatment Pads) three times a week

3. Private spa label peptide eye cream

4. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

Some nights I do a face mask after washing or do a Sephora brand sleeping face mask in place of the Clinique moisturizer. Staying hydrated and getting the proper vitamins are definitely vital to seeing great skin!

for my daily moisturizing i'm using MAC studio moisture cream & I also use Caudalie's vinoperfect radiance serum & moisturizing sorbet then after all that i use Lancôme Absolute Eye premium
2,407 Replies
testing