Daily Skincare - what are you using?

[ Edited ]

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

I decided I needed to try Vintner's Daughter, so I ordered last week from Aurora Beauty. I wanted to share, because it shipped right away (from MN) and the owner included a nice note.

She also has a 15% off promo code that was offered by one of the Instagrammers I follow - in the spoiler below.

If anyone is looking for the new Josh Rosebrook things, she had them in stock as of yesterday!

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

Spoiler
15% off code: PARITA15

@fairlywell

You know I love Vintner's Daughter.  I use it almost daily in the AM.  I hope you love it too!

That's really cool @fairlywell! I literally just bought some Josh Rosebrook products from Detox Market! Oh well! So many people talk about Vinter's Daughter; perhaps after I finish one of these oils I've bought lately, I'll try that one. Smiley Happy 

@fairlywell

I love good service! VD is well

worth it to me. I hope you enjoy it 💚

PM 

IMG_6143.JPG

[ Edited ]

My skin has been humming along nicely for the past 2-3 months.  Not that I was unhappy with the way it was before, but it has found a special groove.

Age - 42

Skin type/condition - oily, sometimes dehydrated

Sunday morning skincare - 05/21/17

20170521_AM (Large).jpg

1. Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel

2. Biologique Recherche P50 PIGM 400 

3. Indie Lee CoQ toner

4. UMA Ultimate Brightening oil (I love!)

5. Collins Resultime 5 Expertise eye cream

6. Tata Harper Rebuilding moisturiser

All these products are absolute winners to me.  

IMG_0704.JPG

Lazy Sunday AM.  

My seasonal allergies are terrible right now, and my skin is super cranky about it. Irritated, dry, threatening  to break out. I started with a charcoal mask, then followed with a bunch of soothing and moisturizing steps. That MILK cooling stick is really nice on puffy allergy eyes! 

I'm on the same boat with the seasonal allergies... I can't stop sneezing and scratching my face - eyes. My skin has become so sensitive every product stings upon application.

(0) Hearts

@YoiFran It's the worst! Alaway eye drops (antihistamine) have been saving my life. One of my friends does a topical Benadryl mask, but honestly I'm not brave enough to try that! 

I am trying to revamp my skincare routine so I dropped it down to very basic around a week ago. With a goal to introduce a new product very 7-10 days given that nothing bothers my skin and things keep going smoothly.

Here is what I a, typically using for around a week now (Other than masks and weekly peel/PMD)

IMG_6848.JPGIMG_6847.JPG

I changed my technique of using Odacite serums as well. Previously I was mixing 1-2 drops of each in my palm and massaging into the damp skin.

Now I am using them on targeted areas. Again on damp skin I drip 1 drop of Jo+L serum on my nose and spread it towards my cheeks as nose and apples of cheek are the only areas which have visible pores. 

Then I take 2 drops of Pa+G and massage it onto the areas of hyperpigmentation first and then spread it towards rest of the face.

Lastly I add 2 drops of CaR in my moisturizer and apply it all over my face and Mack.

I am very happy how it is working. My skin is completely clear of all red & dry patches I developed lately. It feels Radiant and soft.

I like your explanation of how you use the Odacite, I've been interested in some of those but not sure where to fit in my routines. The targeted approach is a good idea!

Hi guys! So I need some recommendations if anyone has them.

i have some stubborn acne scars/hyperpigmentation that  don't seem to fade with my current routine.

Right now I'm using good genes during the day and DE framboos night serum/SR Luna oil at night.  Does any  have any experiments with spot treatment for stubborn dark marks? I'm thinking I need something just for them to spot treat.

many thanks!

@unfungirl

Vit C, Retinol, exfoliation, and most importantly Time.

I wish I could tell you that this will fix it quickly, but I can at least say it will speed it up.  Pigmentation can be a bit stubborn in some folks, take me for instance.  But this helps.

I do have a couple of things to suggest though.   I am not a fan of Good Genes daily usage, or daytime usage.    I suggest switching up your acid exfoliants.  During the day, try FAB Radiance pads or Pixi Glow tonic.  They are gentle, and you can rotate them.  At night you can switch up between DE and GG.

Odacite Pa+G, Summer in Hossegor, DE Vit C serum, Hylamide Vit C....they are all well liked products that can speed up the process of fading spots.

@greenchilli  thanks so much for the advice! i am trying to be patient, which is not my best quality haha.

i am using the glow tonic now, i just got  it and love it! i've used the FAB pads and like those too.

DE c-firma broke me out terribly, but i think i'm going to buy the odacite p+g! 

many thanks for the great advice (again) Smiley Happy

I have a wildcard for you - I have been loving Eleven Huesday De-Spot Luminosity. I have one recent/stubborn PIH spot that is fading nicely with daily AM treatments. 

(0) Hearts

thanks @fairlywell! that looks awesome!

Rosehip oil is supposed to be very effective!

(0) Hearts

thanks @Gwenhwyfar! i've heard that actually, so will have to do some more investigating Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

@unfungirl

Hey! Vitamin C would be a great addition to your routine to target hyperpigmentation. I use retinols at night and my vitamin c in the morning. There are so many other benefits to it as well. The best I've found is Timeless Vitamin C + E + Ferulic Acid which has been duped for Skin Ceuticals. A bottle usually lasts me around 3 mths before it goes bad. 

(0) Hearts

@dalidyli hi! thanks so much for the recommendation!

i've been looking for a good vitamin c serum! i've tried a few but so far no luck. i will check out the timeless! Smiley Happy