Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

@existincolor

I just realized you might be asking about the cleansing balm. I like it. It's similar to my love Banila and not as thick as TTDO. 

Anonymous Insider

May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon is a must try and I'm trying the Midnight Shift for the first time tonight. 

Hi all! This is my first post (ever!) so be gentle 🙂

I haven't changed my routine recently, but the last two weeks I've noticed that my pores appear bigger and I'm having way more gross/extra oily days than normal. Even the Cicapear Color Correcting Treatment has been making me look like a disco ball, when normally it's sort of mattifying. Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated!

I'm 28, combination skin that leans toward oily, with monthly hormonal breakouts, some dryness/flakiness on my cheeks/chin, general uneven/rough skin texture, LOTS of dark marks from old acne on my cheeks, and large pores on my nose and forehead. My skin is definitely super reddish, but it's been that way since I was little, and it's the same color all over my body (not rosacea or any formal condition)-- it's annoying because it makes it VERY difficult to find a foundation, but I'm not sure if there's anything that can really be done about that.

I've been using: 

PM: 

1. BIOSSANCE Squalane Cleansing Oil [it's okay]

2. NEOGEN Green Tea Fresh Foam Cleanser [like]

(occasionally sub the foam cleanser for NUDE Fizzy Brightening Powder Wash [love] if I'm feeling like I need a little extra oomph)

3. ~2 or 3x a week, NEOGEN Biopeel Lemon [love] followed by a mask(s), which I'm still working through

4. Dirty Laundry Balancing Antioxidant Toner [like] (with Shishedo Facial Cotton [love])

5. May Coop Raw Sauce [love]

6. Spot treat acne if needed

7. Kate Somerville  + Retinol Firming Eye Cream (sample, feeling kinda meh about it)

8 & 9. Alternate between: Sunday Riley Luna Night Oil [love] + Sunday Riley Good Genes [love], OR Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum [like] + CeraVe [love], OR PTR Professional 3% Retinod Plus (sample, so far I like it) + CeraVe 

AM: 

1. Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser [love]

2. Dirty Laundry Balancing Antioxidant Toner (with Shishedo Facial Cotton)

3. May Coop Raw Sauce

4. Spot treat acne if needed

5. iT Bye-Bye Under Eye Cream [like]

6. Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum [like]

7. Either Ole Henrickson Counter Balance Hydrator [love] (if my skin is being gross and extra oily) OR Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream [love]

8. Sunday Riley Good Genes, as long as my skin isn't being gross and extra oily)

9. DR JART+ Cicapear Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 [love] (and, on oily days, translucent powder)

I don't normally wear make up unless it's a special occasion or I'm going out. My office is very man-dominated and my coworkers generally don't notice or care anyway.... and I love sleep. Mostly it's because I love sleep. 🙂

welcome @kendralh! I think you'll find that the skincare ladies are incredibly nice and helpful! I love the way you rated all your products, that's so interesting to see.

You have already gotten some awesome advice below, so I'll just add my two cents on the dark marks - I find that when my skin is really happy and comfortable those dark marks are easier to address. Everything is more willing to improve, I guess? You are using some good products, but lots of people are disappointed in vitamin c. Niacinamide is a good ingredient to try for fading those dark spots - I'm too lazy to check, but it may already be in one of your products. I use a serum from Eleven Huesday, which has worked well for me. But there are lots of options. 

Thank you, @fairlywell!

I don't think any of my products have niacinimide, so I'll definitely be checking out that Eleven Huesday serum. 

Welcome @kendralh!

What part of the country do you live in?  I'm in the northeast and the weather has been brutally hot and humid the last week or so and my skin has gone through the wringer with no change in products.  Just a thought.....

Happy beauty posting!

Thank you @mspera80!

I'm in the Pacific Northwest 🙂 It's been pretty normal, maybe on the cooler side! 

That gives me reassurance that hopefully everything will go back to normal... someday.

Welcome to BT @kendralh!I got that Sunday Roley Ceramic Slip in a Play! box recently I haven't tried it yet. Seems like a good one as a second cleanse after I remove makeup. I finished a Drunk Elephant C Firma recently. I "liked" it, but definitely not love. 

Thank you @mrsbaine!

I LOVE Ceramic Slip! It's actually the single product that allowed me to go away from my teenage-routine that I followed for waaaayyyy too long, because everything else would end in terrible break outs. I feel like the Ceramic Slip cleans off everything that isn't supposed to be there while still being relatively gentle. 

I recently got a sample of the Sunday Riley CEO line brightening cream, and am wondering if it'll be more effective that the C-Firma. I've been trying to love Drunk Elephant because the ingredients are a little more "direct" and on the natural side, but the C-Firma hasn't been as awesome as I'd hoped. 

Side note: I also got a sample of the Sunday Riley CEO moisturizer, but it leaves my skin really really greasy and doesn't seem to sink in well. Sort of strange. 

hi @kendralh ! welcome. out of curiosity, how long have you been using the drunk elephant products ? 

Hello @jemly

I worked in the C-Firma about 3 months ago, and the Framboos has been in the rotation for around 6 months.

hi @kendralh ! i ask because i'm trying to figure out what's maybe making your skin feel a bit unhappy/unbalanced. i know some drunk elephant products work brilliantly for some people, but can be a bit troublesome for others. 

is there anything new to your routine that you added around the time you noticed your pores appearing larger ? 

I'm still on the fence for DE! On the "like" side, but still the fence, haha. 

The worst of the days, I'd tried subbing in the Sunday Riley CEO moisturizer in the AM, and booyyy was that a disaster. After that, I just went back to the same old, same old. 

I've been rotating through a ton of different sheet mask brands, and one of them (WEI Mung Bean) was so tacky for so long after that I just went to bed while it was still drying (so no serums or moisturizers)-- maybe that's the cause?

Thank you for your help!

FullSizeRender.jpg

AM on a no-makeup day. I'm one week from turning 36 and at the moment my skin is the best it's ever been! 

The little silver bottle is a vitamin C powder from Exuviance meant to mix with a serum or moisturizer. I've been using it for a little over a week, and I think I like it. Although just now I am wondering whether I should be using it alongside the Kypris antioxidant Dew. 🤔 I just cracked open the PTR cleanser today, my 5th bottle over the years. Safe to say I recommend it. 

Hi @fairlywell ! I have been eyeing the kypris dew.  What are your thoughts? Thanks 

@RC1989 I really like it. I use it as a light moisture layer for day, something between an essence and a serum. It does well under makeup and sinks in quickly. It's lasting me a good long time, but I will likely buy it again when I run out. 

Great! Thanks so much @fairlywell you convinced me 😉

Love the background! 

I keep forgetting to post in this thread, lol. My morning routine is as simple as my night routine is complicated. I rinsed/wiped my face with water/towel, then decided to try Drunk Elephant Umbra SPF30 instead of my usual AmorePacific SPF35.

I just realized this is a physical sunscreen, so it sits on top of the skin and gives a bit of whitecase. ugh.

I plan on returning that sunscreen I really hate it. It has a white caste and the worst part is that it doesn't blend in well! Glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm going back to my shesido one I swear by it. 

Morning!

Today's AM skincare.  I need my skin to look alive and respectable this morning. Cuz I'm feeling neither.

Age - 42

Skin - Tired, dull, stabby, will cut you or tell you off.

20170614_AM (Large).jpg

1. Kat Burki Cleansing balm

2. Biologique P50 PIGM 400

3. January Labs Restorative Mist

4. Uma Brightening oil

5. Farmacy Eye Dew

6. Tata Harper Rebuilding moisturiser

2 Replies
testing