Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Skin type: combination, hormonal acne on forehead just barely hanging on, clearing up and dealing with minimizing the hyperpigmentation now...

For the past week, AM & PM:

• Boscia purifying cleansing gel & Julep charcoal konjac sponge
  • Caudalie grape water
  • Pure grape seed oil (with PTR Rose Stem Cell Oil in AM and sometimes with Pai rosehip oil in PM)
  • Caudalie vinosource sorbet
  • Caudalie polyphenol c15 serum on neck

Every other day, I use Herbivore blue tansy mask on my forehead only, and once per week I use Herbivore blue clay mask on my forehead, nose and chin then cleanse with May Lindstrom honey mud.

Sunday AM skincare:

Age - 42

Skin type/condition - oily, sometimes dehydrated, in good shape.

20170528_AM (Large).jpg

1. Tata Harper Purifying cleanser - I have and use all TH cleansers.  This one took a while to love because it stings if I get some in the eyes.  But the cleanser is top notch.  So I'm just careful now.

2. Biologique Recherche P50 PIGM 400

3. Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator - I just started using this mist.  It is very nice.  The scent reminds me of Pepto.  Yup.

4. Vintners Daughter Botanical serum

5. Farmacy Eye Dew

6. Tata Harper Rebuilding moisturiser - I love this

I certainly don't look 25, nor do I have any desire to.  But I am quite happy with what my skin looks like in my 40s.  I want my face to show health and radiate some level of warmth/glow.  I feel it does more often than not.  That is a good skin place for me.

Non senses.  You can easily pass for 20 something.  You do have radiant skin.  Good job @greenchilli!

happy skin !

5/25/17 a.m. facial.

• JORDAN SAMUEL pliรฉ cleanser (cleanse)
  • REN glycol lactic radiance renewal mask (exfoliate)
  • FRESH black tea instant perfecting mask (hydrate/smooth/soothe/plump)
  • SHISEIDO eudermine revitalizing essence toner (hydrate/on cotton pad, make sure all traces of masks are gone)
  • MURAD hydro dynamic hydrating essence serum (hydrate)
  • CLARINS super restorative total eye concentrate (hydrate)
  • PETER THOMAS ROTH rose stem cell bio repair cream (hydrate !!)

p.m.

• CLINIQUE ttdo balm
  • NUDE omega jelly cleanser
  • SHISEIDO eudermine revitalizing essence toner 
  • VICHY aqualia thermal hydration serum
  • KIEHL'S midnight recovery eye cream
  • LAURA MERCIER infusion de rose nourishing oil
  • PTR rose stem cell bio repair cream

edited to add p.m.

PM skincare - 05/24/17

Age - 42

Skin type/condition - oily, sometimes dehydrated.  Otherwise in a happy spot.  I am hormonal at the moment, but my skin has handled it well.  

20170524_PM (Large).jpg

1. Emma Hardie Cleansing balm

2. Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta extra strength pads

3. UMA Deeply Clarifying oil

4. Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol eye cream

5. Aurelia Cell Repair Night oil

I often combine an Uma oil and Aurelia together at night.  I have loved this combination.  If I were to use the Uma anti-aging oil, I would either not top off with Aurelia or maybe just a drop.  These are some of my favourite oils and I like them together.

@greenchilli Is that eye cream suitable for nightly use or do you alternate?

@fairlywellAbsolutely nightly use!

I have used the DDG cream nightly for at least a couple of years or longer.  I recently bought the Uma anti aging eye oil to try, and I use that once or twice a week.  But DDG is still my go to.

Since it is a retinol eye cream, it might take a bit getting used to.  Well worth it to me.

It is preventative, so I can't say what difference it has made to my skin.  But I can say that it has kept the status quo - at least I think so.  

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_6225.JPG

@Anonymous so...i know what a pestle & mortar is, and i get it. but regardless, every time i read the bottle i read....pester and mortal.

@jemly Skincare for mortals! 

Pretty pic @Anonymous! I did not know the Missha FTE comes in a mist. I bet I would like it more that way.

I decided I needed to try Vintner's Daughter, so I ordered last week from Aurora Beauty. I wanted to share, because it shipped right away (from MN) and the owner included a nice note.

She also has a 15% off promo code that was offered by one of the Instagrammers I follow - in the spoiler below.

If anyone is looking for the new Josh Rosebrook things, she had them in stock as of yesterday!

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

Spoiler
15% off code: PARITA15

I have two sample vials of Vintner's daughter sitting around. I think it is time to try them and see what is all the hype about ๐Ÿ˜‰

@fairlywell

You know I love Vintner's Daughter.  I use it almost daily in the AM.  I hope you love it too!

That's really cool @fairlywell! I literally just bought some Josh Rosebrook products from Detox Market! Oh well! So many people talk about Vinter's Daughter; perhaps after I finish one of these oils I've bought lately, I'll try that one. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Anonymous Insider

@fairlywell

I love good service! VD is well

worth it to me. I hope you enjoy it ๐Ÿ’š

Anonymous Insider

PM 

IMG_6143.JPG

My skin has been humming along nicely for the past 2-3 months.  Not that I was unhappy with the way it was before, but it has found a special groove.

Age - 42

Skin type/condition - oily, sometimes dehydrated

Sunday morning skincare - 05/21/17

20170521_AM (Large).jpg

1. Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel

2. Biologique Recherche P50 PIGM 400 

3. Indie Lee CoQ toner

4. UMA Ultimate Brightening oil (I love!)

5. Collins Resultime 5 Expertise eye cream

6. Tata Harper Rebuilding moisturiser

All these products are absolute winners to me.  

IMG_0704.JPG

Lazy Sunday AM.  

My seasonal allergies are terrible right now, and my skin is super cranky about it. Irritated, dry, threatening  to break out. I started with a charcoal mask, then followed with a bunch of soothing and moisturizing steps. That MILK cooling stick is really nice on puffy allergy eyes! 

I'm on the same boat with the seasonal allergies... I can't stop sneezing and scratching my face - eyes. My skin has become so sensitive every product stings upon application.

@YoiFran It's the worst! Alaway eye drops (antihistamine) have been saving my life. One of my friends does a topical Benadryl mask, but honestly I'm not brave enough to try that! 

testing