Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Is this Wednesday or Thursday?  This week feels 10 days too long already...

Age - 42

Skin type - oily

Condition - fatigued, but otherwise good

PM Skincare - 04/26/17

20170426_PM (Large).jpg

1. Tata Harper Nourishing oil cleanser - my favourite oil cleanser.

2. January Labs Power Peel Exfoliant - I like this well enough. It reminds me of Ren Glyco-lactic peel (which isn't as spendy).  It doesn't feel too strong on my skin, just a mild cooling sensation.

FYI - I prefer using pad forms when I apply acids (DDG, P50 etc).   But I like to use masks to mix it up.

3. Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist

4 UMA Ultimate Brightening Oil

5. UMA anti-aging eye oil

6. Aurelia Cell Repair Night oil.

How are you liking the Brightening Oil? I don't know if I love, love the Night Oil from Uma. I do like the day Oil though. The smell is awesome. How is the eye oil? Do you see a difference since using it? 

This is how I feel every week  @greenchilli. Shouldn't we be retired already? Lol. I need some brightening serum/oil for my normal/combo skin (mostly for age spot/dark spot) Any recommendation beautiful? 

I know this questions was not directed at me, but I've seen incredible results with Odacite a Summer in Hossegor, in terms of treating hyperpigmentation.  I have normal/combo skin as well.  

Thx for letting me know @MiaM7. I will look into it. Edit: I googled it. Look pretty good. Put it in my to try next list. 🙂

@blackkitty2014 Im on my third bottle of summer in hossegor and I can definitely vouch that I see a difference in my hyperpigmentation between when I use it and when I don't (I took a few months break to use up other stuff before repurchasing my last bottle and I could tell)

anyway, I've written a lot about odacite on BT over the years but I always hesitate to recommend their private blends because they are pricy and it's not always possible to sample beforehand since they're not widely carried.

SIH is one of the few products I consistently repurchase in my skincare routine, though. If you decide to take the plunge, you may want to grab it from odacite direct; they run 15% off sales pretty regularly. 

Thx so much @Mochapj. I'll keep an eye out for the next sale.  I definitely intrigue with the ingredients.  

Hi @blackkitty2014

So....in my own experience, I have never been able to point to one product and say it was effective to help pigmentation.  But the result of a summation of all the products and routine has reduced the life of hyperpigmentation on my face.

I can definitely say that the oils I have been using (Aurelia, UMA, and Vintners daughter) are great.  They really show an immedaite ffect in the way your skin feels.  Softness, glow...just a sign of good health.

Thx you

4/25 PM

Skintype: combo/oily

• Pixi Caroline Hirons double cleanser
  • The Ordinary AHA 30% BHA 2% (rinse)
  • Jordan Samuel Skin Hydrate
  • Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator
  • La Belle Lune, Odacite Winter in Paris blend
  • Farmacy Eye Dew
  • Siam Seas Elements balm

I've been trying out the Ordinary's AHA BHA for a few weeks now and I think last night I finally stumbled on the combo of products to treat with post peel to eliminate the parched feeling I was getting the following day.  

Skin is in good condition, feels soft today and no complaints.

Skin type: Combo. Normal with some oily areas.

Current AM routine:

-Tatcha Camellia Cleansin Oil

-Neogen Green Tea foaming wash

-Neogen Lemon Peel Pads (occasional)

-Son & Park Beauty Water

-Missha First Treatment Essence

-Youth to the People Kale & Tripeptide Serum

-The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG

-Misa Cho Bo Yang Eye Cream

-OH Truth Creme Vitamin C Advanced Hydration 

-Julep Rosehip Oil (2 drops in truth creme)

Notes:

I like to keep my skin hydrated enough to keep excess oil production to a minimum. Now that it's starting to get warmer, I may use less rosehip oil, or combine it with a lighter moisturizer instead.

I love all the kbeauty that's included. 😄 

XOXO,
Marieke
Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_5108.JPG

Anonymous Insider

Moisturizer Rose Hip Oil

Skin In'c Daily Dose Serum

Exfoliator Fab Glycolic Scrub Fix

Toner SKII Facial Essence Treatment

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_5090.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

PM. The last few weeks I've been trying some new things, and in the rotation I neglected my bff - glycolic acid. Rough texture and more visible pores, ugh. Back to basics! 

A completely effective routine in 4 steps.

Age - 42

Skin - doing well

20170423_PM (Large).jpg

1. Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel

2. Biologique Recherche P50 (spritz some water after)

3. UMA Ultimate Brightening oil - massage into damp skin

4. DDG Ferulic + Retinol eye cream

*Age - 25 

Skin type - dry/combination, prone to stress-related/hormonal breakouts

Skincare Routine: AM AND PM***

1. Juice Beauty Green Apple Brightening Gel Cleanser (note - Sephora does NOT carry this brand) ****

2. Say YES to Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes

3. PERRICONE MD PRE-EMT SERIES Exfoliating Pore Refiner

4. IT COSMETICS Confidence in a Cream Transforming Moisturizing Super Cream

5. Kate Somerville Goat Milk De-Puffing Eye Balm

*** I used to have different routines for AM/PM, but these products have worked so well with me for both times of the day that I no longer need separate routines

****I also like Tata Harper's Regenerating Cleanser, but it's not something I can afford to purchase myself

Important Notes: In general, I have been slowly but surely switching to brands that are more natural/cruelty-free, including makeup.  Not everything I use meets these standards, but I do try.  

Because my skin is on the drier side, I experience areas of flakiness, generally around my chin and sometimes my forehead, with an oily-ish T-zone.  I used to think microbeads, sugar scrubs and other non-acid exfoliates would solve the issue, but I have learned with time that the best products for me to use are actually products with light exfoliating ACIDS, as they don't strip my face, are not abrasive and do not cause any redness/added breakouts.  I am VERY particular about essentially every product I use on my face, so these products are my HG's and as long as they are sold, I will continue to buy them over everything else.  I also want to note that while aging is not a huge concern for me at this point, I do take care in some skincare and makeup products to include ingredients that are preventative (vitamin C, E, SPF, etc).  I hope this is helpful for some of you!

PM not pictured my eye makeup remover and wipe I used to remove face powder. I ❤️❤️❤️ The ren cleansing balm a new staple for me. image.jpg

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_5047.JPG

Anonymous Insider

I use all the products that are beneficial to my skin.

8 Replies
testing