Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, especially if you are enjoying a long weekend with fiends  friends and family.

Saturday morning facial - 04/15/17

20170415_AM (Large).jpg

1. Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser

2. FAB Radiance pads

3. Ilsci Apricot Gel mask

4. Vintners Daughter Botanical serum (massaged into damp face)

5. Farmacy Eye Dew

6. Algenist White Bright anti-ageing cream (or something like this)

This is a busy weekend of work and chores.  My skin is ready for it, not sure I am.

Skin Type: Dry/Combo

Concerns: Acne and Hyperpigmentation

AM Skin

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Cleanser

Mario Badescu Rosewater Mist

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer (SPF 15)

PM Skin

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Cleanser

Neutrogena Moisture Gel Cream for Extra Dry Skin

Tarte Maracuja Eye Cream

Davi Skin Le Gran Cru Face Cream

Today has been a doozy.  My routine tonight is just what I needed to make me go from "stabby" to just "pokey".  That will have to do for now.

04/13/17 - PM Skincare

Age - 42

Skin type/condition - Oily/good.

20170413_PM (Large).jpg

1. Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm

2. January Labs Exfoliating Peel - trying this out.  Feels fine - like a sticky gel.  Supposed to be potent, but I hardy felt anything.  But skin feels good.  Lets see if I wake up with my face still intact.

3. Caudalie Grape water

4. UMA Total Rejuvenating Night oil - I just got this.  This is the third Uma oil I own, and it is incredible.  A winner again.

5. UMA Anti Ageing Eye Oil -  Just got this too.  I haven't used an eye oil before.  Felt good.  Lets see tomorrow morning.

6. Aurelia Cell Repair Night oil - No matter what else I put on my face, I need this too.  I love this oil and just like to layer.

I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my Uma oil trial face kit. I want to experience the same goodness @greenchilli!!

@mrsbaine

I am excited about you trying it out as well.  I hope you find some winners!

I love all the "just got this." Who can wait to try things?

Anonymous Insider

Does anyone know if origins is good for sensitive skin?

I have normal/combo acne prone skin. My skin isn't like always sensitive just to certain products but lately it's sooo sensitive....

Any suggestion?

XOXO,

Z

I feel like brands that say they are for sensitive skin and then have an ingredient list a mile long may not be great in the long run for sensitive skin. What have you tried so far? Try looking into brands with less ingredients and opt for a more simple routine. 

Anonymous Insider

I've been using Cetaphil to take off my makeup- it's not bad but not really good. I've also being trying out clinique- not that bad either kinda leaves a little irritation. I've been wanting to try out Origins and FAB but have been so busy with school and work that I haven't got the time to go to Sephora or Ulta.

@Anonymous

I am more impressed with FAB than Origins.  Try out some samples and see how you like it.

I agree with this, but would add that their cleanser is (for me) only good as a second following a really solid first cleanse. On its own it doesn't do anything to remove makeup.

Good Morning!

I lie....this is just too early and there is nothing good about it yet.  Morning is on probation.

AM skincare - 04/13/17

20170413_AM (Large).jpg

1. Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel

2. Biologique P50 PIGM400

3. Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist

4. Vintners Daughter Botanical Serum

5. Farmacy Eye Dew

6. Tata Harper Rebuilding Moisturiser

*Why can't I upload a picture?  I blame Morning. ETA - fixed it!*

How do you like the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel?

I'm scraping the last remnants of my last tube of NUDE Omega jelly and needing to find a replacement. I'm between the Oskia, Shiva Rose Pearl Milk Cleanser and the REN Evercalm Cleanser.

Welcome @cassandraw91

Oskia is one of my favourite cleansers.  I have used it for a long time, and I always have a back up.  If I just had to keep one cleanser, this would be it.

🙂

Wanting to give you an update! After two days of using the Cleansing  Gel, I have fallen deeply in love with it. More so than I thought I would. I like it way more than the NUDE Omega jelly as the Oskia removes my eye makeup like a beast. 

Now just trying to see if I need the Caroline Hirons Cult Beauty Box, decisions decisions...

Thank you again!!

Morning is thisclose to getting thrown back in the slammer.  

How do you like the Vitners Daughter and Biologique P50 @greenchilli?  I've had my eye on those (while my wallet shrieks in fear).  I miss your pretty face!!

@michelleshops

Muah!

It took me some time to appreciate Vinters, but I now love it.  And Biologique P50 is a staple in my routine.  I have been through many bottles.

My lesson learnt with all oils - I like them best applied to a damp face and massaged in.  No press and sniff nonsense.  And I do not like applying to dry skin.  So I always spritz ...even if it is just patting some water on my face.

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_4760.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

PM on a night my husband is traveling. Yesterday I did all the soothing/moisturizing, today is the extended remix of skincare.

The rose EO gets splashed in my shower for a spa smell.

Hidden in the back is Label Young Honey Water, an impulse buy from a while back that makes a nice post-cleanse spritz. 

Tripling up on The Ordinary - agireline, alpha arbutin, Whamisa toner patted in like essence, then the 2% Retinoid. Then a few layers of snail 96, sealed with the Lierac serum and Eye Dew. The Lierac has a very distinct candy-like scent, which I enjoy but it's definitely not for the fragrance-sensitive. 

Anonymous Insider

PM 

IMG_4717.JPG

How do you like the Cosrx essence? I've heard that it is a good dupe for SK II's essence.

testing