Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

-Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil

-Philosophy Purity Made Simple

-Too Cool for School Mousse Egg Pack - This is the 2nd time I've used this and am finding I really like it. It leaves my face feeling hydrated, smooth, and looking bright. I'm going to switch this to my am routine

-MissHa Time Revolution Essence

-Lancôme Genifique

-Benton Fermentation eye cream

-Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

-PTR Squalene Oil for hands/cuticles. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and it has helped my nail growth tremendously. 

I also used a Too Cool for School Egg Mellow Body Butter sample on my legs and have a positive first impression. It is a heavier cream in texture but doesn't  feel thick or greasy on my skin. Absorbed well and alleviated the dryness effectively.

Anonymous Insider

PM 

IMG_4273.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

AM, following last night's use of The Ordinary 2% Retinoid. I still haven't found the right companion products for it - I woke up with red/dry cheeks and chin. Possibly it was extra irritating with my skin flushed after a long run, or perhaps I need to mix it with an oil for a little buffering. So this morning was all about soothing and hydration. I really really like the Indie Lee Squalane oil, my skin drinks it right up.

Any thoughts on my issues with this Retinoid would be helpful - I can't tell if it's just too much for me or if I haven't found the best way to use it.

@fairlywell how do you like the cosrx snail essence? I'm thinking of picking it up!

@Monikay I love it so much! It's my go-to soother lately. I had some unfortunate sports bra chafing and thought hey, let's try some Snail 96 on that. I like that it sinks in so easily, that makes it work for me under makeup or as part of a bigger layering plan. 

I also have the Benton Snail Bee, which is very similar. You get less product for the cost, though. And I'm not sure the "bee" component adds anything for me.

@fairlywell have you used retinol/oid products before ? a bit of skin irritation as you described is really normal, and may be more or less unavoidable until your skin adjusts to it. go slow when it comes to introducing it to your skin, too.

@jemly I have, which is why is is surprising! I'll be conservative with it for a few weeks and see if I adjust. I feel like this is more or different than what I've used before. So maybe a good thing! Thanks for the reply - I normally have pretty tough skin, so I was wondering if I had finally gone too far. 

My skin had a dreadful breakout a couple weeks ago and finally behaving again, hope I can keep this up. Super excited about some new Cult Beauty stuff that just arrived yesterday (finally!). Specifically the Oskia Renaissance (in love instantly), the Alpha-H liquid gold, Aurelia muslin cloth, and a new Odacite  serum (Bl+C).

Anyway, Tonight PM:

IMG_0064.JPG

@sister13

Oskia is my favourite all purpose cleanser.  I am glad you love it too.

New things are so fun!

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_4256.JPG

Cleanser twins!

FullSizeRender.jpg

I took off my makeup before a run earlier, so my post-shower stuff was simple and relaxing. I just picked up this quartz facial roller (impulse buy because it was pretty.) it's one of those things that probably does nothing, but feels nice on the post-workout glow.

Anonymous Insider

The facial roller is so pretty! 

If only I knew in my 20s what I know today.  If I did, then I guess growing older wouldn't be so fun after all.

PM Skincare - 03/28/17

Age - 42

Skin type - oily

Condition - 8 out of 10 puppies approve.

20170328-PM (Large).jpg

1. Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm

2. DDG Alpha Beta Extra Strength peels

3. Caudalie Grape Water

4. Uma Deeply Clarifying Oil

5.  Aurelia Cell Repair Night oil

6. DDG Ferulic+Retinol eye cream

Anonymous Insider

Puppy approval rating system! Patent it @greenchilli

Done!

Anonymous Insider

PMIMG_4215.JPG

i've been using good genes 2-3 times a week. i can't imagine using it more than that, but if i used it more regularly i'd likely not use it at the same time as a 'toner' acid. something's gotta give....

3/25/17 p.m.

current skin: much better after last week which was days of dealing with two spots on my nose (not a usual place for me to get pimples, but i'd picked at my pores and suffered the consequences. NAUGHTY !). so now i'm just trying to maintain the calm and evenness that has returned.

CLINIQUE ttdo balm

NUDE omega jelly cleanser

FIRST AID BEAUTY facial radiance pads

AVEDA botanical kinetics spritz

VICHY aqualia thermal serum

SUNDAY RILEY good genes

KIEHL'S midnight recovery eye cream

CLARINS blue orchid oil

AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating lotion

i also have doused my entire body in LE LABO rose31 body lotion because good lorrrrrrd rose31 is one of my favorite smells of ever ever. 

I agree about good genes, I get good results just with a few times a week. Used it a few days in a row and my skin looked over exfoliated. I use other acid toners FAB pads, etc so I don't want to overdue it. 

@jemly I have ventured into mild glycolic + GG, but I don't think it's necessary all in the same session - and even with my completely non-sensitive skin it feels risky. I'm trying to be happy with doing less.

Glad your calm has returned. 🙂 I managed to head off a hormonal storm last week but still have some mild PIH as a souvenir.

testing