Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Ola comostas!

Age - 42

Skin type - oily

Skin Condition - batting at 110%

Saturday morning shenanigans: 03/25/17

20170325_AM (Large).jpg

1. Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser -  This is really a good cleanser, but it stings my eye if not careful.  The TH Refreshing Cleanser is my very favourite in this line.

2. Dr. Jart Micro Peel

3. Ilsci Apricot Gel Mask - this is like a shot in the arm.  My skin feels boosted and just healthier.

4. Vitner's Daughter Serum - this is newfound love for something I couldn't quite adjust to at first.  I have been using a couple of drops every morning under a light moisturiser.  I love it.  At night I have been using other oils, so VD is now a morning thing.

5. Farmacy Eye Dew

6. Algenist Bright White cream - Unfortunate name, but nice cream.   I really don't patronise Algenist, but I had purchased this a while back.  Hydrating, but not heavy.  I have been using this quite a bit lately....I expect to use this up.

I really do not need you to talk me into Vintner's Daughter, @greenchilli

@fairlywell

haha!  To be honest, I would talk you onto an Uma Oil first.  It is less spendy, and I am quite impressed.

I think VD is an excellent product, but I would leave it as discretionary.

@greenchilli hi ! you feeling better ? that apricot mask has me intrigued ! never heard of it.........

@jemly

I am on the mend and doing much better.  Thank you so much for asking.....

I have a couple of different items from Ilsci, 2 moisturisers and this gel mask.  The gel mask is the winner.  It is a natural Hungarian brand and make fresh pots of product everytime they fulfill and order.  I liked the brand, so tried out a few products.

The apricot mask is supposed to be used once or twice a week.  It really is a fortifying mask that will add some goodies into your skin.  To describe it....hmmm

Remember how you feel after you've eaten a rubbish meal with doughy bread and syrup and stale greased fried expired twinkies run over by a truck?  Then think of when you eat a gourmet fresh and delicious dish of well seasoned vegetables and grilled fish with strawberries.

The Apricot gel mask makes my skin feel like the latter.  Just refreshed, healthy, fortified.  It seems intangible, but it actually is.  

i typically do less in the a.m. but today apparently is an exception. 

the OH truth serum clogs my pores (particularly on my chin) with regular use, but i've found that occasional use is fine, and while i may not be getting long term benefits from the product, i get instant hydration and glow. i didn't need to use both the vichy and the truth serum together; the vichy is just such habit !

none of these products are proper stabilized vit c products. but they're lovely and hydrating. i was amused by my orangey theme. i also, should say, don't usually wear oil in the morning (it can be a bit much for me) but my laura mercier oil is the lightest and instantly absorbs. i just used a couple of drops and pressed into my inner cheeks and forehead, which is wear my dehydration shows up the most. 

OLE HENRIKSEN pure truth melting cleanser

MURAD essential-c toner

VICHY aqualia thermal serum

OLE HENRIKSEN pure truth serum

ORGINS ginzing eye cream

LAURA MERCIER flawless skin infusion de rose oil

AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating lotion

amorange.jpg

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_4124.JPG

Is that the limited edition Omorovicza? So pretty! 

Anonymous Insider

@fairlywell

Yes! I couldn't resist 😉

Anonymous Insider

@jemly

Broke the seal on Shiseido! Love the texture ❤

i was able to get home late afternoon today, so this is kind of a 3 parter. i figured i'd share a routine for when i want to take my makeup off right away, but then still want to use a nighttime routine closer to bedtime (so, that is, go in with acids and more hydration). 

3/24/17 a.m.

NUDE clarifying cleansing oil

MURAD essential-c toner (for hydration)

ORGINS ginzing eye cream

AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating lotion

a little after 4, when i got home from work:

CLINIQUE ttdo balm

NUDE omega cleansing jelly

AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating spritz

REN NUDE rescue oil (a drop. not necessary just felt like doing it. and juuuust about the last i have of it 😞 )

SUNDAY RILEY tidal water enzyme cream

p.m. (4-5 hours later)

KOH GEN DOH spa water on a cotton pad

FAB radiance pads

more AVEDA spritz

VICHY aqualia thermal serum (yeah i like this stuff)

KIEHLS midnight recovery eye cream

REN vita mineral omega 3 oil

AVEDA....yeah, same stuff. 

Have you ever tried the Erborian Cleansing Balm, it works SO well. I just loved it. So much better than the Clinique. Try it next time, you won't be disappointed.

This looks lovely and relaxing. 🙂

yeah ! it is. 🙂  my approach typically is using products that aren't too hardcore most of the time, and focus mostly on hydration and a bit of nourishment (all of which is aided by regular use of gentle acid). i do have acne prone skin (that i have under control, but ya know, the maintenance of such control is a constant battle !), but i've managed to find so many products that keep my skin happy. bliss !

FullSizeRender.jpg

Im trying a couple new things from The Ordinary: 2% Retinoid and Agireline. The Agireline is meant for "action wrinkles" (like around the eyes), but I'm trying it on my neck as well. I liked the Hada Labo gel cream sample quite a bit, the texture was nice for mixing with Aurelia.

have a day off, doing a bit of pampering at home.

3/22/17 a.m.

• NUDE perfect cleanse clarifying cleansing oil
  • REN glycol lactic renewal mask
  • PETER THOMAS ROTH rose stem cell mask (provides soothing hydration after a peel)
  • VICHY aqualia thermal serum
  • ORIGINS ginzing eye cream
  • AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating lotion

p.m. no acid tonight because of the mask this morning.

• PIXI x CAROLINE HIRONS double cleanse. both sides. wore the cream side into the shower and used the steam. took off with warm washcloth in shower.
  • KIEHLS midnight recovery eye cream
  • REN vita mineral omega oil
  • AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating lotion
  • KORRES lip butter 🙂

greenandblue.jpg

I forgot to take pictures, but I wanted to share yesterday's skincare routine:

AM:

-Acne Free benzoyl peroxide face wash - my dermatologist told me that benzoyl peroxide washes are typically more effective than topical treatements, so I've been giving this drugstore one a shot.  

- Biologique Lotion P50 - My skin has FINALLY (knock on wood) almost stopped purging from this, and I really enjoy it now. 

- Algenist Vitamin C

- SK II essence 

- Clinique Moisture Surge Intense

PM:

- Simple Cleansing Oil

- Korres Greek Yoghurt cleanser + Clarisonic

- Retin A 

- Maya Chia serum

- Cane + Austin moisturizer - this was my first night to use this, but my skin looked so great this morning. My hopes are high now

Anonymous Insider

PM. I masked tonight blending the mermaid mask and siren serum. It's a good little combo because the serum alone isn't so great. 

IMG_3997.JPG

i've had a stressful couple of weeks and it's been reflected in my skin. still focusing on soothing.

3/21/17 p.m.

i had no makeup on today.

• REN evercalm cleansing milk
  • FAB facial radiance pads
  • SANTA MARIA NOVELLA orange blossom mist
  • SHISEIDO ultimune power infusing concentrate
  • KIEHL'S midnight recovery eye cream
  • CLARINS lotus oil
  • TATCHA indigo triple recovery cream.

i wish i hadn't tried this TATCHA sample. because i love it 😕

Anonymous Insider

@jemly

You made me remember I have a few deluxe sizes of the shiseido concentrate. I need to start incorporating it this week. How are you liking it? 

@Anonymous i like it. i think it's hydrating and balancing--it actually has a similar texture to the VICHY, but a different molecular 'goal', if ya will. i talked about it extensively a few nights ago, below, if ya want to check that out 🙂

testing