Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

@jemly Same same on the Tatcha. 

IMG_0097.JPG

PM, dealing with hormonal congested pores. Not terrible, but I'm hoping to win the battle and avoid the war. Yes, you see three cleansers. I'm doing the oil-BHA-mask-oil routine to clear as much as possible before going on to essence/acid/oil. 

Age - 34

Skin type - normal

Current skin condition - a bit dehydrated 

AM skincare

1. Milk Makeup Charcoal Cleanser

2. ArtNaturals Vitamin-C Serum

3. ArtNaturals Hyaluronic-Acid Serum

4. Sunday Riley Tidal

PM skincare

1. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water 

2. Tony Moly Sheet Mask - Daily OR Drunk Elephant Baby Facial - once a week

3. Korres Black Pine Sleeping Oil

I don't have a routine to post, as I didn't take pictures.  But I wanted to share a recommendation and review of something I have incorporated frequently lately:

Uma Oil - Ultimate Brightening Oil

I love it!  There are very few oils I love, and this is one of them.  I use it in the AM or PM.  It absorbs easily into skin, so you don't get that grease face effect.  When I use in the AM, I layer a regular moisturiser over a couple of drops of it.  In the PM, I often layer Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil.

My skin looks and feels fresher and has a healthy glow.

I have also tested the anti-ageing oil, but not as much.  So far I like that too.

In my tier of oil recommendations:

1. Aurelia Cell Repair Night OIl

2. Uma Ultimate Brightening Oil/Anti ageing oil

3. Vintners Daughter

4. Skin Owl oils

@greenchilli so i picked up the aurelia night oil and the odacite pa+g from cult beauty when they had that awesome gwp, based on your excellent reviews! how do you recommend using them? i am currently using sunday riley good genes and drunk elephant framboos (alternating days) at night, as well as either the SR luna or DE lala cream.

@unfungirl

Aurelia is both a serum and a hydrating oil.  So often I use it by itself, or I combine it with another treatment product (liquid serums or oils).  When layering, I use the other treatment product  first then top off with Aurelia.  If the other treatment product is also an oil, then I top off with Aurelia only as much as I need to add more hydration (possibly just a couple of drops). 

- With Pa+G: Apply a couple/three drops of Pa+G (I don't find this hydrating on its own).  Top it off with a couple of drops of Aurelia.  

- Good Genes - Apply GG, then top off with AUrelia.

- SR Luna :  I don't use this product.  However, since it is a Retinol, use SR Luna first.  If your skin feels hydrated enough then stop.  If not top it off with Aurelia.

thank you so so much @greenchilli!!

i can't wait to try them out! i don't love the luna oil nearly as much as the good genes, so i'm just trying to use it up.

your advice is always so appreciated!

@unfungirl I feel the same about GG and Luna. It's like they aren't from the same place at all. I do ❤️ Aurelia!

oh geez i'm glad i'm not the only one @fairlywell! i expected luna to work miracles and it's so meh. so glad to know you love the aurelia too!!

@greenchilli so glad to hear you're liking the Uma Brightening, I've been curious about it.

I've been trying out the Deep Clarifying one for about a month and am loving it as well.  I have a set of minis of the others but haven't gotten around to trying those yet.

@Mochapj

Clarifying oil is on my list to try during the next few days - I have a feeling I will like that as well.

I have also tried the anti-ageing oil for a bit, and like it a lot.  

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_3905.JPG

@Anonymous How you like Pestle & Mortar Retinol oil? I am looking into new BHA and Retinol products to include in my routine.

Anonymous Insider

@fatimamummy

I like it. It's very hydrating so I'm not getting the crazy alligator dry skin I was getting with a script. Gentle retinol is perfect for me. As far as results, that will take some time but so far so good. 

IMG_0086.JPG

PM. I clearly had some time tonight! This is the first I've used the DDG peel pads and Good Genes together. My skin tolerates both very well, I just hope together they aren't too much exfoliation. After the peel I spent about an hour lettting the May Coop and Benton essences sink in and hydrate, then applied one pump of GG over my entire face. 

(The BHA I only use on my nose to reduce/prevent clogged pores.)

I layered Eye Dew under cold gel patches just to see if that gives any additional hydration. 

I'm also using up a Paula's Choice retinol on my chest and hands. It's a product that has plenty of great reviews, I just can't stand the heavy formula on my face. 

Update, my face was completely fine with the combo peel and GG. WHEW.

@fairlywell Do you notice any visible difference in your pores ( cleaner and unclogged ) with this BHA liquid? 

@fatimamummy For me any BHA is a useful tool, not a silver bullet. In combination with oil cleansing I think I've seen incremental improvements. I haven't struggled with pronounced blackheads, just a sprinkle of enlarged pores that need regular clearing. I've had zero negative effects (no drying, flaking, residue) so I would recommend it if you're looking for a BHA. I appreciate that it sinks in and seems to disappear entirely. 

Saturday night :

IMG_5926.JPG

This is like art!

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_3884.JPG

testing