Daily Skincare - what are you using?

[ Edited ]

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

@greenchilli You have me curious - what does the Aurelia oil do for you?

@JenniferOhJenny

Aurelia is a serum oil.  So it just doesn't hydrate, but has treatment properties as well.  I liek it cuz:

- It hydrates beautifully!  I have lately been using a drop or 2 with a light moisturiser in the morning under makeup as well.  It makes the skin soft, in a way not many moisturizers can.

- It absorbs really well.  This is a big deal for me as many popular oils just sit on top of my skin.  So my skin continues to feel dehydrated and I don't get any benefits from the oil.

- The ingredients are top notch.  If we are taking good care of our skin, often the serums don't show drastic changes, but they are working hard to maintain your good skin.  So this is where ingredients help me evaluate a product.

- Tangible benefits?  My skin feels soft, hydrated, and the smell is incredible.  It is a complete product and can take the place of both a serum and a hydrator.  WHen I use it at night, I can certainly tell that my skin looks better in the morning (not dry and dull).  It gives a healthy glow.

(0) Hearts

@greenchilli Thanks! It sounds great; I'm going to check it out!

Greenchilli, I've been reading this thread for months - and I bought the Aurelia oil when I learned you are not 26. I might get motivated to post my routines one of these days. 

@fairlywell

Haha!  You made me laugh, and awfully sweet thing to say.

I hope you love the Aurelia oil as much as I do.  :-)

(0) Hearts

PMIMG_2904.JPG

(0) Hearts

PM

IMG_2791.JPG

(0) Hearts

Hey, how are the facial radiance pads? I received a sample of them but I didn't use them often enough to see any results. I wanna get them for travelling. Thanks!

(0) Hearts

The pads are a product I'll never do without. Definitely a must have in my skincare lineup. They are extremely gentle. 

[ Edited ]

AM

am.jpg

*Not pictured: a sample of Votary Super Seed Facial Oil (if anyone is using it, does it smell funky/lingers? or is it just my sample)

PM

IMG_2646.JPG

PM

IMG_2633.JPG

It's the weekend!  

Stream of consciousness:

Spoiler

My face and body have been subject to a drastic change in daily schedule, lifestyle, and travel.   Apparently sleep is a thing.  I will know it soon.  Until then, my skincare is pulling all the weight.

Age - 41 (does anyone else round up their age?  The last month before a birthday, I just round up.  Why not?  Age doesn't bother me, and "rounding up" just seems like a better representation of true age in the last few days)

Skin - Tired.  In the process of rebooting over the weekend.

20170224_PM (Large).jpg

1. Tata Harper Nourishing Oil Cleanser

2. May Lindstrom Problem Solver

3. Dr. Jart Mirco Peel Milk

4. Odacite Pa+G (Haven't used this much, trying to roll it back in)

5. DDG Ferulic+Retinol eye cream

6. Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil

(0) Hearts

I tried a sample of Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil last night, and I really enjoyed it! I will probably pick it up soon.

PM

IMG_2579.JPG

[ Edited ]

PM skincare - 02/23/17

Age - 41...by a thread

Skin - oily, good.  Forehead bug sting almost gone, left behind a pigmented scar.  I will live.

20170223_pm (Large).jpg

1. Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing balm

2. DDG alpha beta peel - extra strength  

3. Odacite Rose+Neroli Spritz

4. Odacite Summer in Hossegor serum

5. DDG Ferulic + Retinol eye cream

6. Aurelia Cell Repair Night oil

7. Wine

Lol #7

PM - plus Farmacy Eye Dew (not pictured)

IMG_7982.JPG

Oh Mocha, please share any thoughts on these gorgeous products! I somehow missed the sale of this set. I know The Bean mask will be sold this spring but I haven't heard of the Love+ cocoa balm becoming available for purchase - they both sound gorgeous and heavenly! 

[ Edited ]

@JoannaMarieC my understanding was that it was a continuation of a Love set they offered for Valentine's day 2016 - I believe that is when they first debuted the Bean mask.  

From the details I received with the package, the Bean is coming out in April and the Love+ Coffee hydrator is currently a spa exclusive product that will be coming out later this year.

I really hope they decide to put out the Love+ Roses elixir and the Cocoa balm because the whole routine last night was super hydrating and an excellent mid-winter package (which is what they were marketing it as)

Perhaps if they receive enough positive feedback on the set as a whole, they will bring them back Smiley Happy

For brief feedback:

- Bean smells of coffee and vanilla and was a gentle yet hydrating exfoliating mask.  When I removed it, my skin felt nice and plump.

- Coffee hydrator and Roses elixir were recommended to blend in the palms and then pat into the face together.  The mixture felt light and comfortable on my skin, and absorbed quickly.  Coffee and rose is an interesting scent combo, but I really enjoyed this part.

- Cocoa balm smelled exactly like it sounds, with a touch of sandalwood warmth to it as well.  It had a similar texture as Rare Indigo balm.

When I went to bed my skin felt so soft and moisturized and still felt that way when I woke up this morning.

Thank you, Mocha! Everything sounds lovely (and effective)!