Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Hey everyone! I'm 21, Asian, and have oily skin with dryness on my chin. I live in Canada where the weather is bipolar af so it's hard to adjust to the air.

Daily regimen:

- Foreo Luna with my cleanser

- Consonant beauty foaming cleanser. Seriously guys, this is the best cleanser I've used ever in my life. It's gentle but effective and makes my skin super smooth after consistent use. The brand is sulfate, alcohol, everything-free and completely organic! It's my new holy grail cleanser and if it stops being made I will cry myself to sleep.

- Ole Henriksen walnut complexion scrub is my exfoliator 2x a week. It has large granules and smells amazing! It's more harsh than most exfoliators but it really sloughs away all texture and dead skin. I would avoid this if you have very sensitive skin, though.

- Clarins toning lotion with iris. I've switched completely to alcohol-free toners after I learned how badly dehydrating they are to the skin. I previously used the Shiseido balancing softener, which does a fantastic job of keeping my pores clear, but I wanted to try this one out! This Clarins toner smells divine.

- For my cream, I use either my Nivea Q10 (day and night, different ones), a Korean brand, or renewed hope in a jar by philosophy. It really depends on how much moisture I need that day. Tbh the Nivea ones are too thick for my oily skin but I wanna use them up before I move on.

I highly recommend all of these products for anyone with sensitive skin! I've been experimenting with all sorts of products for years and I swear to you, buying that Consonant face wash is the best decision you'll ever make. If you suffer from skin conditions like myself (I have dermatitis on my chin sometimes), then buying sulfate-free and alcohol-free products helps a ton. I hope this helped, and please let me know if you have any other safe-ingredient type skincare products 🙂

- MORNING: 

• Wash: Korres Greek Yogurt wash + Clairsonic
  • Tone: Lush Tea Tree Toner
  • Oil: Sunday Riley UFO Oil
  • Moisturizer: Lush Magical Moringa
  • Sunscreen: Number 7 Beautiful Skin Oil-Free

- NIGHT:

• Wash: PTR Glycolic Acid 3% Wash w/ CS
  • Tone: Lush Tea Tree Toner
  • Serum: Drunk Elephant Night Serum
  • Oil: Sunday Riley UFO Oil
  • my doctor gave me a sample of a product that contains benzyl peroxide that I've been trying recently
  • Moisturizer: Lush Magical Moringa 
  • Essence: MAC Fix Plus
  • Drying Lotion: I OCCASIONALLY use Mario Badescu drying lotion for spot treatments only.
Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_3240.JPG

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_3163.JPG

how often do you use p50? I just got it, and didn't find it very harsh, but I've heard some people say they can only handle it once a week.

Anonymous Insider

A couple times a week. I like the cooling effect post application. Good stuff! 

IMG_0001.JPGPM. Retinol peel night! The Benton Snail Bee is new to me - I love the CosRx 96 Snail, and I've heard this is even better.  

Anonymous Insider

IMG_2947.JPG

I got a bit of irritation of on my chin, a blemish and some texture.  Too many things in flux lately so not sure what caused it.  It went away quickly but I am planning to be a bit unadventurous for a few days.

PM Skincare: 03/02/17

Age - 42 for all practical purposes

Skin - oily.  Had a bit on annoyance, but its gone now.

20170302_PM (Large).jpg

1. Emma Hardie Cleansing balm

2. DDG Ferulic+Retinol Wrinkle peel

3. Caudalie Grape Water

4. May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon

5. DDG Ferulic_Retinol eye cream

6. Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil.

May I just give an unsolicited  recommendation to anybody or nobody.  Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil is a perfect product.  Try it.  

I can't compare it to other oils because really it isn't a good measure.  There is no standard oil formula, purpose, or effectiveness.  

Is this oil worth it?  YES!

@greenchilli You have me curious - what does the Aurelia oil do for you?

@JenniferOhJenny

Aurelia is a serum oil.  So it just doesn't hydrate, but has treatment properties as well.  I liek it cuz:

- It hydrates beautifully!  I have lately been using a drop or 2 with a light moisturiser in the morning under makeup as well.  It makes the skin soft, in a way not many moisturizers can.

- It absorbs really well.  This is a big deal for me as many popular oils just sit on top of my skin.  So my skin continues to feel dehydrated and I don't get any benefits from the oil.

- The ingredients are top notch.  If we are taking good care of our skin, often the serums don't show drastic changes, but they are working hard to maintain your good skin.  So this is where ingredients help me evaluate a product.

- Tangible benefits?  My skin feels soft, hydrated, and the smell is incredible.  It is a complete product and can take the place of both a serum and a hydrator.  WHen I use it at night, I can certainly tell that my skin looks better in the morning (not dry and dull).  It gives a healthy glow.

@greenchilli Thanks! It sounds great; I'm going to check it out!

Greenchilli, I've been reading this thread for months - and I bought the Aurelia oil when I learned you are not 26. I might get motivated to post my routines one of these days. 

@fairlywell

Haha!  You made me laugh, and awfully sweet thing to say.

I hope you love the Aurelia oil as much as I do.  🙂

Anonymous Insider

PMIMG_2904.JPG

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_2791.JPG

Hey, how are the facial radiance pads? I received a sample of them but I didn't use them often enough to see any results. I wanna get them for travelling. Thanks!

Anonymous Insider

The pads are a product I'll never do without. Definitely a must have in my skincare lineup. They are extremely gentle. 

AM

am.jpg

*Not pictured: a sample of Votary Super Seed Facial Oil (if anyone is using it, does it smell funky/lingers? or is it just my sample)

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_2646.JPG

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_2633.JPG

testing