Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

PM

IMG_2322.JPG

Happy weekend!

Saturday AM skincare:

Age - 41

Skin type - Oily

Skin condition - stung by mutant insects, hormonal, sleep deprived.  Pups think I am still cute.

20170218_AM (Large).jpg

1. Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser - This is a good cleanser.  The Tiger balm scent is odd (not a deal breaker), but it stings if you get it into your eyes (potential deal breaker).  This is on probation at the moment.  I love other TH cleansers (Refreshing and Oil), so this has a high standard to meet.

2.  Biologique Recherche P50 PIGM 400

3. Indie Lee CoQ Toner - I love the "after shave lotion" scent 

4. Tata Harper Brightening serum

5. Collin Resultime 5 Expertise eye cream

6. Algenist Geius White anti-ageing cream - I don't really use Algenist products (except deluxe samples).  I bought this a while back and had forgotten.  Going to try it on for size over the next few days to see how it fits in. I expect to use it in the AM.

Byeeeeeeeeeeee..

@greenchilli Where are you where you're being stung by giant insects? My wanting a vacation brain thinks its somewhere tropical and therefore I am very jealous!! My logic brain is ew..bugs..nope 

@Haleyhale

Haley - the insect was most likely just a tiny bug, that can pack a sting.

One of the doctors said he had a similar bite recently himself.  But it could be any number of a bug, bee or insect.  Most likely caused a secondary infection.  

I am just home.  It was a freak incident.  Just quite inconvenient though.

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_2291.JPG

February 16, 2017

Age 27

So...I went to SDM yesterday since Pixi is in there now and heard lots of good things about the glow mud cleanser. I used it as my second cleanse yesterday and my skin is unhappy. Lots of texture and little pores clogged up around my chin/jaw line area. Too much glycolic acid maybe. I didn't notice it this morning but I did tonight and did my normal routine. Took some Benadryl as well...hopefully my skin chills out. 

Tonight:

Tatcha Camellia cleansing oil

Nude cleansing jelly

PTR rose mask

The Ordinary Niacinamide serum

The Ordinary Hylauronic acid serum

Sunday Riley Tidal

Caudalie Premier Cru eye cream 

Crosses fingers and hopes and good vibes to my skin.🤞🏻 😊 

Seeing your Canadian, where did you get the Nude Cleansing Jelly ?

@Carmen241986 I had it before it went on sale and it ran out and was nowhere to be seen. I stocked up once randomly in Winnipeg when it was on sale only buying two bottles, then was very sad again for a while. It randomly came back to the sale page maybe two months ago and bought 4 bottles. So keep checking the sale page I guess or I hope and pray it comes back soon. 

Anonymous Insider

PM

IMG_2224.JPG

PM Skincare

PM routine

I've been trying the above combo for several months now and I've been noticing differences in skin tone (hyperpigmentation) and texture.

1. Fresh Soy Cleanser (not pictured)

2. Son & Park Beauty Water

3. Mix of The Ordinary Niacinamide and Alpha Arbutin serums with Missha ampoule

4. Mix of Hyaluronic Acid serum with Belif Moisturizing Bomb

5. Belif eye cream

Anonymous Insider

PMIMG_2142.JPG

Age - 41

Skin condition - Good.  Hormonal at the moment, so a bit careful to prevent sneak attacks.

Sting on my forehead - I will prevail against alien invasions.

PM Skincare:

20170215_PM (Large).jpg

1. Tata Harper Nourishing Oil Cleanser

2. Dr. Dennis Gross Wrinkle Recovery Peel.  I love this so much.  It is more than a peel, a treatment.  Gives you that extra nudge.

3. Vintners Daughter Active Botanical serum.  Since I rediscovered this, I have been using it quite regularly and liking it.  I massaged it into my skin while it was still damp from the DDG peel.

4. Aurelia Cell Repair Night oil - cuz I love this and I layer it with everything.

4. DDF Ferulic +Retinol eye cream.  Good old staple.

I quite like this routine.  It is short, effective, and feels great (skin and sensory).

Chilli, I'm so glad you were able to find a method that worked for you with VD.

i wish I could still use it as I've found nothing that compares glow-wise for my complexion but after much confusion we realized it was setting off my husband's nut allergy whenever I used it so I had to give mine away 😔

@Mochapj

Allergies can't be messed with, you are wise to rid of it.   😞  

My human once remarked that it smells like "India".  He liked the scent.

I almost got rid of mine too.  But recently I to gave my stash a "once over" and pulled this out.  I am using a smaller quantity on my face (than before) and topping off with another oil or moisturiser.  I am liking it this way better too.  VD needs friends...on its own, it doesn't seem to do as well on my face.

@Mochapj @greenchilli

I was just skimming this thread and "VD" popped out at me. I had to go back and carefully read the context. 😂 Yes, sometimes I'm 12. 

@greenchilli  I wanna say your posts always crack me up ! 

Also do you  like Vitners daughter or the Aurelia oil better? TY 🙂

@luvgloss13

I like both Aurelia and Vintner's Daughter.  I expect to repurchase them both....always.

If you are watching cost, buy Aurelia.  If you are a skincare junkie, buy both.

Vintner's Daughter is like a Celebrity Chef meal, Aurelia is the local organic farm sourced meal. Both will keep you healthy, looking great, and feeling good.  

Aurelia is my first love.

@greenchilli Love this answer!  I am a junky for sure. Next Cult promo I will get both. TY dear. 

I have  few oils I am going through and should be ready for new ones. I need hydrating masques too. 😉

@luvgloss13 

Just to add: 

If anybody asked me to recommend just one oil - I would always say Aurelia.  I am not saying it is "better" than other products, I am saying it is a "perfect" product. 😉

@luvgloss13 I thought of you the other day. I got a deluxe sample of mila facial oil and it was really nice. Might be worth getting a sample during with the barneys bag. 

Sorry didnt mean to thread jack

@mpas Hey! do you like it then? I will ask for a sample lol. I will have all bag info soon! Nice gifts are coming.

My skin is soooo dry right now. I am using Sisley Black Rose masque and still dry! 😞

testing