Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

I don't think you have to stay away from all masks, there are good nourishing/moisturizing masks out there too 🙂

I can't find the KS Exfoliating Green Cleanser anywhere. Are you using the daily exfoliating cleanser? Between the two Boscias--I'd pick the one that your skin feels the least dry after using. I would actually ditch the exfoliating cleanser if your skin is dry and need moisture.

And for the white heads...are you sure these are related to oil production? Is it possible they're bumps as a result of irritation/dryness?

Sometimes, using drying products to try to strip the oil from your skin to treat breakouts/white heads are not the answer!

January 31 PM

27, preventative aging measures are now being put into place by means of hydration!

Tatcha cleansing oil

Nude Omega jelly second cleanse

Aztec healing mud clay mask

The Ordinary Niacinamide serum

The Ordinary Hylauronic acid serum

Caudalie premier cru eye cream

Sunday Riley Tidal 

Anonymous Insider

PM 

Banila clean it zero balm

skin laundry face wash

ddg extra strength peel

hado Labo premium HA

pixi milky mist

ddg ferulic and retinol eye

vintners daughter

maya Chai the super couple

IMG_1288.JPG

I might add a pack before bed but my skin feels pretty good right now. 

Anonymous Insider

Age 29

Skin type - combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated

- Micellar water by Mixa for dry skin (usually I use the one for normal skin, but during the winter this one works better for me)

- Medik8 red alert serum is my newest discovery, it's very good for this weather, it reduces the redness, calms my skin and I use it before I go to sleep. (you can find it here: http://www.facialco.com.au/medik8-red-alert-serum.html)

- I use natural soup for washing my face, and I buy it from local vendor. Also I use her face cream 

PM skincare - 01/30/17

Skin: present

Other things:  It is summer here already.  WTH?  I just got into winter skincare mode and it is already over.

20170130_PM (Large).jpg

1. Emma Hardie Cleansing balm

2. Biologique Recherche P50 (I finished my regular bottle, so raiding my travel kit).

3. January Labs Restorative Tonic Mist

4. May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon

5. Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic+Retinol eye cream

6. Aurelia Cell Repair Night oil

*So in random age related anecdotes:

I never got carded at bars, restaurants or shops when I was in my 20s and 30s.  Now I get carded all the time, at Traitor Joes even.  And the young fella volunteers (totally unasked) - "we have to card everyone even if they are 80."

I can still take you punk!  Let me go at him!

Early 30's

Combo skin, less oily since it's winter

2 spots healing up, none on the horizon....yet

PM Routine:

Oskia Cleansing Gel

ML Problem Solver - tried this with they layering technique previously mentioned somewhere, and had my spots pop up, not sure the cause, so going through the ML line one by one to pinpoint

PTR Blue Algae Mask - my favorite for hydration

Naruko - Miracle Essence

NUDE - Rescue Oil

Odacite - Bl + C

CosRx - Snail Mucin

Olay eye cream (I CANNOT WAIT to use this up)

Skin type: dry to normal

Condition: Slightly dry, some congestion

Happy to report my skin is bouncing back from the bad reactions I had last week. I've keep my routine very gentle and simple but have started noticing some congestion - probably from the lack of exfoliants this week.

AM:

Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser

Timeless Vitamin C/E/Ferulic Acid

La Mer Treatment Lotion

Drunk Elephant Framboos Serum

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro

Afternoon facial and masks:

It Cosmetics Cleansing Balm

Drunk Elephant Sukari Babyfacial - happy to report zero tingling this time

SK-II Facial Treatment Sheet Mask

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Gel

Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask - the strong rose scent is a bit much for me, but it plumps my skin like no other.

Skin is now feeling smooth and well-balanced.  Before bed I will do another round of hydrating serums and moisturizer. 

28- dry. Preparing for a long night at work

SR blue moon cleanser

DDG alpha beta peel

PTR 24K toner

Shisedo night emulsion

clinique laser eye cream

Tatcha supple moisture rich silk cream

PTR un-wrinkle night (hour later)

This was my first use of the shisedo night emulsion and it smelled really chemical, so i was impressed when it felt really smooth on. 

Anonymous Insider

Saturday 

PM 

Skin Laundry face wash (first time use, didn't wear makeup today)

FAB radiance pad 

QOH mist

etude house vita complex sheet mask

odacite summer in hossegar 

Maya chai wonderbalm 

DDG eye cream 

p.m.

1. PIXI x CAROLINE HIRONS double cleanse. first thoughts: i really like this. the balm bit is very similar to CLINIQUE ttdo balm--perhaps slightly thicker. i realllly like the cream cleanser (the 'second' cleanse). it's very thin and soft (it very much has a texture of a 'soft cream') and just feels so lovely. i read she based that one on her favorite discontinued cleanser--the CLARINS comfort creme cleanser; i can see where it got its name from. both are unscented.
  2. PIXI glow tonic
  3. ANDALOU NATURALS 1000 roses toner. still new to me, testing it out.
  4. DRUNK ELEPHANT b-hydra serum
  5. KIEHL'S midnight recovery eye cream
  6. REN omega oil
  7. AVEDA botanical kinetics face moisturizer

I'd love to try the Pixi Double Cleanse! I hope we get it here in Canada at some point.

yeah i'm loving loving the caroline hirons double cleanse. I've yet to try the peel i bought that was recently released

Thanks for the feedback on the double cleanse! I have been watching it and waiting to hear what people had to say. @jemly It's a limited release, right? 

Skin type: Normal

Current concerns: hyperpigmentation, blackheads/clogged pores

I pretty happy that the appearance of my sebaceous filaments on my nose was reduced after layering May Lindstrom The Problem Solver on top of a BHA yesterday. Now I need to get rid of my hyperpigmentation and blackheads.

PM:

- SK-II: Facial Treatment Cleansing Oil (sample) (2nd time trying it out. Pretty meh for me. Not worth the price and I'm glad I didn't break out from mineral oil in this cleanser)

- Sunday Riley: Ceramic Slip

- First Aid Beauty: Facial Radiance Pads

- Sulwhasoo: First Care Activating Serum EX

- Missha: First Treatment Essence

- Sunday Riley: Tidal   (on hyperpigmentation)

- Kate Somerville: Goat Milk Cream  (on some areas that feel a little dry)

I'm looking forward to getting bee venom and snail secretion essence in my mailbox tomorrow. I can't believe I'm willing to put these weird ingredients on my face for the sake of my skin 😄

I have pretty much pinned down my new year routine for night time skin care. Still going through samples of cleansing oils and balms in search of one I love.

Here are the details:

Age 40, Oily to combination oily skin depending of the time of year. 

PM routine in the sequence:

1:Various samples of cleansing oils/balms

2:Rotation between Tata Harper purifying Cleanser and SR Ceramic slip Cleanser

3: Odacite Pa+G serum 

4: Herbivore Rose Hibiscus coconut water

5: May Lindstrom Youth Dew

6: Farmacy Eye dew

7: Korress Wild Rose sleeping facial.

AM routine:

1: Rotation between Boscia thermal Cleanser and TH purifying Cleanser.

2: Biotherm toner

3: Oskia Brightlight serum. ( About 10-15 days use left so I am looking for something new to replace it once this bottle finishes) 

4: Clarins shaping facial lift contouring serum

5: Farmacy Eye dew

6: SR Tidal 

I use PMD every Saturday night and follow it with any soothing or moisturizing mask. Farmacy Brightening mask once a week and some other mask mostly one supposed to clean the pores.

Any suggestions about a cleansing oil/Balm and a serum to replace Oskia are welcome 🙂.

11/26 PM

Condition: combo/oily as usual

• Farmacy Green Clean
  • Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser
  • Pixi Peel & Polish (tried this for the first time last night. I liked the results but there was a lack of clarity between the website, the box and the tube directions. I'd read the box which said to leave on for up to 5 minutes, which I did. When I went to rinse it off, I noticed the tube said minutes.  Texture and results wise, this is like a cross between Kate Somerville Exfolikate (texture) and REN Glycol Lactic (peel results) but this morning my skin felt extremely tight and dry. I can only recall it feeling this dry after I tried that FAB Intensive Radiance Peel a few months ago. Next time I will wash it off sooner)
  • The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin Hylaronic Acid 
  • May Lindstrom Jasmine Garden
  • Odacite Winter in Paris, Bl+C, Jo+L
  • May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon

Overall when I went to bed my skin felt soft, smooth and bright. 

I have no morning routine details today because I left for work so early I didn't muster anything more than eye cream and lip balm.

@Mochapj Any thoughts on The Ordinary product/in general? I saw them mentioned in the comments on an Into the Gloss article but I had never heard of them before that. Their prices are very reasonable, but I don't know anything about the quality of their line. 

@JenniferOhJenny I've been trying out 2 of their products for about a month.  

Quality is good - they are owned by Deciem (who make Hand Chemistry, Niod, Fountain, Hylamide, and like a zillion other sub-brands) so I have to assume that is how they are able to keep the costs reasonable.  I'm always keen to support Deciem because they are a successful Canadian brand operating in my hometown, which is not something I see every day 🙂

There are some products from Niod I really like and there are others I dislike. The 2 Ordinary products I'm working through right now (Alpha Arbutin and Niacinamide) are good, and have intrigued me to look into some other newer products they've launched.  I'm not quite ready to offer an opinion on the Niacinimide but I like AA a lot better than other hylaronic serums I've tried.

My main peeve with the company and most of their sub-brands is that they put out so many products so fast I don't have enough time to try everything I want to 😄

@Mochapj Thanks! I was looking at those two, also. Actually, I was looking at everything they have for pigmentation issues. The AA and the Niacinimide are both on that list, so maybe I'll give those a try. 

They *do* have a ton of products, and their website is so information-heavy! I mean, I like to be informed but my head was starting to spin. 😉

cc: @fatimamummy 🙂

@Mochapj @JenniferOhJenny Since you two are talking about the brand I am thinking to check out so I am jumping in the conversation.

I am thinking to get Hylamide Booster C25 to replace my Oskia serum in the morning. There aren't any reviews on Sephora yet but I found a few through Google. Still I would love to know what you or other fellow skin care junkies think of this product.

@fatimamummy  Have you check out Deciem website?  They have lots of good information, suggestion, and review,etc. 

testing