Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Thank you @SalBing I will check it for sure ☺

@fatimamummy I'm sorry I don't have any experience with that particular product - the only thing I've tried from Hylamide was a self tanner 😄

Oh ok. Though self tanner is the last product I may ever need. An hour in the sun and I can get enough tan to last me whole season 😂

LOL @fatimamummy, I know, me too! 

It was something I tried last spring when I was still using prescription retinol and couldn't stand being in the sun 😄

It takes a village people.  And science.  And magic.  And prayers 🙂

AM skincare - 01/27/17

Age - 41.  Although I passed for 40 recently.  Yes, I know what I'm doing, don't doubt me.

Skin things - I have oily skin.  But all good.

1. OSKIA Renaissance Cleansing Gel - my favourite gel cleanser.

2. Pixi Glow tonic

3. Ilcsi Apricot Gel mask - just a booster to healthy skin.  I refrigerate this.  It gives my skin a boost when feeling tired, dull, or sallow.

4. Hylamide C25 VitC serum 

5. Tata Harper Restorative Eye Cream

6. OSKIA Nutri-Active day cream

20170127_AM (Large).jpg

@greenchilli I noticed you are using Hylamide booster C25 after posting my question above. What do you think of it? 

@fatimamummy

I like the Hylamide Booster.  However, there is a caveat to why I like it.

See below:

Spoiler

My skin doesn't respond quickly (or significantly) to Vit C or other "brightening" products.  It is just stubborn skin (and being of a deeper tone, it is extra stubborn).  My brightening goals are achieved through a holistic approach of exfoliation, serums, hydration, Vit C, and other ingredients.  

So when I use Vit C, I am mostly using it for anti-ageing properties (elasticity, firmness, antioxidants).  Since these are mostly preventative traits, I base my product use on quality of brand and ingredients.  And also how it feels on my skin and how it works with other products I use.  C25 Booster sinks nicely into my skin, and works well with other products.  I like Deceim as a brand...they put out quality products.  And they are not overpriced (in my opinion).  I like it.

My skin health is the result of incremental benefits of everything I do and use.  Vit C is an important part of my rotation.  

Thank you for the feedback @greenchilli . I agree with you, there isn't a single magic product. I have a very comprehensive skincare routine. I think I am going to try this product. Since it is priced very reasonably so I won't regret wasting money if it does nothing for me .

I read that at first as Village People, like Y-M-C-A etc. Which made me laugh, so :).

@JenniferOhJenny

Now I have an ear worm.....

@greenchilli bahahahaha sorry about that!

I must quickly listen to some other catchy song.....

*putting on earphones.......*

I feel like I have such a tiny list of products. I use these daily and my skin seems to be very happy with them (which is why I don't experiment with skincare very much).

Skin: Normal/dry

AM

1. Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser

2. Peter Thomas Roth 10% Glycolic Acid Moisturizer

3. Tarte Tarteguard

PM

1. Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser (with the Foreo Luna mini 2)

2. Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM

3. Rosebud Salve lip balm

* 4. If my skin is extremely dry I will also use Biotherm's Aquasource for Very Dry skin. I usually only need to do this once or twice a week during the harsh winter months.

Nothing wrong with a small list @Asche

A lot of us that post in here are a bit older than you and skin necessities tend to change the older you get.

When I was your age all I ever used was cleanser and moisturizer and I was good to go 😉

Skin: combo

01/26/2017 PM

Banila Co Cleansing balm

Tatcha Classic cleansing powder (I like Tatcha overall, but not a fan of this particular product, good thing it was just a sample)

Mario Badescu Aloe spray (pink one)

Kiehl's Avocado eye cream

ML Youth Dew

ML Blue Cocoon

La Mer lip balm

01/27/2017 AM

Tatcha Classic Cleansing powder - finished the sample

Kiehl's Rare Earth Mask

DE lala cream

Kiehl's Avocado eye cream

Dior Lip Glow

Last night's routine:

• Sephora waterproof eye makeup remover
  • Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm (I really like this. The blister package sample has lasted me 3 uses so far and looks like I can get another 3 at least)
  • Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip
  • MISSHA The First Treatment Essence
  • Paula's Choice Antioxidant Serum for Normal/Oily skin (with retinol)
  • Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid
  • Drunk Elephant Marula oil (sample-love it)

I used this PC serum with retinol a couple of years ago and liked it, so thought I'd give it another try to see if it can meet my retinol needs.

I woke up with a tiny mysterious red bump in my undereye area, which is unusual. It looks like an inflamed closed comedone, although there wasn't anything there before. Hopefully it goes away on its own.

AM: 

Drunk Elephant Juju Bar

Erborian Yuza Double Lotion

Perricone Cold Plasma

Perricone OVM

Caudalie Lifting Soft Cream

DDG Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream

May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon

Needing some hydration, and the blue cocoon is just the ticket!

PM

35 years old

normal/dry

Pixi double cleanse 

Paula's choice skin recovery toner with a drop of laura mercier rose face oil

paulas choice skin brightening essence

PTR retinol fusion pm

origins drink up intensive overnight leave on mask

kate Somerville retinol eye cream

@jen81 does the LM rose oil do anything for you besides adding moisture? I currently use the Fresh Seaberry or NUDE Rescue oil to add moisture.

I have some deluxe samples of the LM, but put it on my trade list because I hadn't heard much about it. Wondering if I should give them a shot.. 🙂

I like it okay @whitepolkydots I have fresh seaberry oil and nude rescue oil. I love them both I'm really just trying to use this small sample of laura mercier oil up. The nude oil is it the yellow one? I love the yellow one! I can tell my skin texture looks amazing the next day! I'm not sure which one I would say I like best between the fresh or nude brand because I have backups of both because they are awesome. 

thanks! i think i'll stay on the safe side for now and use up my fresh & nude (yes, the yellow one) 🙂

testing