Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

@kso1225,

Thank you!  I appreciate your information and advice!  🙂

The durability and the ingredients are the main reason I wanted to give this a try! You might have just pushed me over the edge to get it 🙂 Thanks.

Early 30's

Possible hormonal breakout or reaction to May Lindstrom routine (:/)

Oskia Cleansing gel

FAB Cleanser

Pixi Glow Tonic

MB Rosewater Spray

Naruko Miracle Essence

Innisfree Green Tea serum

KS Dermal Quench with Retinol (finishing a sample)

NUDE Rescue Oil

Dacite Bl + C serum oil

Dr Hart Night Beauty BB

Olay Eye Cream (finishing a sample)

I love Naruko! I found the brand while living in Taiwan and I've been hooked since.

@laynebr-what other stuff from Naruko do you use? They have a great product in the Miracle Essence, but I can't navigate their website very easily

I'm not a fan of their website either! I really like the DermaLane line. It helped me face all of my discoloration around my mouth. I also love their night jellies and their am+pm line is also fantastic! I like their face masks but they're not one of my favorites.

@Zpsid91

oh no!  Hope your face calms down soon.  On the bright side, we could be hormonal together.  I am going for a facial on Friday.  I expect she will wallop my face into submission.

@greenchilli - I could do with a good face wallop. I will settle for some mask action this week - I'm thinking chamomile!

Anonymous Insider

PM

Banila cleansing balm

Pixi mud cleanser

ddg peel pad 

queen of hungry mist

maya Chai The Super couple facial serum oil

may Lindstrom blue cocoon

may lindtstrom youth dew

ddg retinol eye cream

Sometimes you just need a good pore strip, I know it's controversial but this was ultimate satisfaction! 

January 24, PM

27, my skin is unhappy with the sugar content of Hagen Das Tiramisu gelato 😞 little clogged pores all over my chin area 😞 

Tatcha Cleansing Oil

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cleanser

GlamGlow Supermud

Biore charcoal pore strip

Sunday Riley Tidal

Anonymous Insider

Moringa cleansing balm

Ren cleansing milk

Pixi tonic 

Queen of hungry mist

Ren bio retinoid oil

May Lindstrom youth dew

May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon

DDG retinol eye cream 

01/24/17 - PM skincare

Age - 41

Skin condition - fine, but hormonal.  Fending off evil doers.

This was supposed to have been my weekend facial, but I wasn't up to it.  Today I did it - long overdue.  

May Lindstrom Ultimate Facial.   

@Mochapj had done this a while back in her class.  May kindly provided some good info and answered any questions as well.   I have most ML products full size, but I have the Pendulum potion and Mist as part of the Wanderlust kit.  I might get the full size soon.

Everything in this picture went on my face in layers.  All the cleansers in layers, then washed off.  Then all the treatments/oils/mists in layers.  I used a bit of the YD serum around eyes and added a bit of Tata Harper Restorative eye cream (not shown in picture). 

If y'all see a bright glow from Texas.....you know it's me.

20170124_ML Ult Facial (Large).jpg

Anonymous Insider

You GLOW girl! @greenchilli

Haha sorry I couldn't help myself with the cheesey pun. Day after my masking I'm still very hydrated and my skin has great bounce. This morning I did the honey mud as a pre shower mask and let it steam and rinse off. Pure heaven! 

Tonight I did the youth dew blue cocoon combo as the last steps in my routine following my Ren Bio retinoid oil. Can't wait to do the whole routine again this weekend. It really is such a relaxing time aside from the puppies wanting to lick my face off. It's smells delicious! 

@Anonymous

haha!  The guys left me alone as I masked.  Although my aunt called....it is no fun trying to crack jokes when your face can barely move.

I prefer Honey Mud as part of a facial rather than on it's own.  Lets see how my skin feels in the morning.  My skin is raging hormonal at the moment, I need to beat it off with a stick.

Skin type: Mostly oily, somewhat combination currently with it being winter (dry patches on cheeks, nose, and around the lips)

Current skin condition: Not bad, not great, currently recovering from a month straight of breakouts

AM Routine:

Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser, used with my Foreo Luna Mini 2

- Olay Complete All Day Moisurizer with SPF 15 for oily/combination skin

- Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Eye Lifting Balm

PM Routine:

- Remove makeup with a Makeup Eraser towel

- Colleen Rothschild Balancing Gel Cleanser

- Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

- Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral Enriched Renewal Cream (Oil-Free)

** Twice a week I exfoliate using Ocean Salt face and body scrub from Lush, and exfoliate my lips using Bite Beauty's Agave Sugar Lip Scrub

** After the gym, I use the Cup O' Coffee exfoliating face mask from Lush

** When I am experiencing breakouts, in the evenings I will use Colleen Rothschild Salicylic Acid Treatment Complex and/or Lush's Complexion Warrior fresh face mask

** I will use different sheet masks (Sephora/Dr. Jart+) or face masks (Fresh, etc.) depending on how my skin is feeling

Currently with this routine my skin is clearing up very nicely. The products that make the most difference is Ocean Salt, Cosmetic Warrior, and the Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil. 🙂 

Skin Type: Mildly Oily/History of Acne, Now Under Control, Some Redness

Current Condition: Could be Better, Could be Worse

Prior to reading this thread all I had used was face wash and regular moisturizer. Reading everyone's routine made me realize I needed to step my game up, so I scurried on into Sephora and begged for help, and they added a few things for me.

AM Skincare:

Glamglow Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser

Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream

PM Skincare

Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover to take off eye makeup/eyebrows

Baby Wipe with green tea and aloe to remove face makeup

Glamglow Supercleanse

Tsubaki Beauty Oil

GinZing Eye Cream

Boscia Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask

Occasional use of:

Alba Acnedote Face& Body Scrub 

&

PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Mask as needed

Update - Jan. 23, 2017

Type: Combo/Acne-prone/textured

Current condition: 

tumblr_m7s9atzfNS1rziwwco1_400.gif

AM

1. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay with Boscia konjac sponge

2. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads

3. Boscia Clear complexion Tonic

4. Boscia Clear Complexion Treatment + Clear Complexion Willow Bark Spot Treatment

5. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum

6. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Daily Face Cream

+ I use the Murad Invisiblur SPF/treatment/Primer before makeup.

PM

1. Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

2. Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Cleanser with konjac sponge. Started using the cleanser on the 18th.

3. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads

4. Boscia Clear complexion Tonic

5. Boscia Clear Complexion Treatment + Clear Complexion Willow Bark Spot Treatment

6. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum 

7. Boscia Oil-Free Nightly Hydration

Also at night on Monday and Friday I will use:

Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash and

Philosophy Purity made simple mask on Monday

Glamglow Super mud on Fridays. Generally, I only use the super mud on really troubled areas.

I also got a PMD pen which I tried out last Thursday. Not sure how to feel about it... It has a nose vacuum thing that I'll probably use more than the actual microderm part and I probs won't use it that often if I don't return it. I should have gotten the actual PMD brand. I got this one:

619s827lp6L._SL1001_.jpg

I was going to take pictures for you guys but I forgot to before I put on supermud... sorry xD.

I have a handful of a few relatively large breakout patches currently. I went traveling and that can break people out sometimes so I'm going to give it some time to see if that is what it was. It probably didn't help that I somehow managed to forget my facewash while I was running out the door and my sister who I traveled with somehow can get away with using only micellar water... Lucky for me she went to Lush and purchased Dark Angels so I did use that to at least wash my face and maybe the change broke me out? Also maybe this is a possible transition period so my skin can get used to the Peter Thomas Roth product I added... or the use of the PMD? I also didn't drink as much water this weekend as I have been here recently.

Other thoughts:

- I had been thinking about switching my night serum to the Luna Night Oil by SR but it's relatively pricey and I want to look into some other products or get some other recommendations before I spring for it.

- Tonight I'm going to try the supermud as an overnight spot treatment that I have heard about and hope it helps.

- My dermatologist canceled my first appointment so I had to reschedule and now it isn't until March.

- I had thought about breaking out the old Clarisonic but...

You might be using to many harsh products during your breakout, which can make irritate your skin and make it worse. It might be worth it to take out one or two (if you want to of course!) and see if it helps calm things down.

My skin just went crazy this month too, that gif is me

The thing is nothing feels overly harsh except for the PMD pen I used last Thursday. Even the philosophy exfoliant and konjac because I don't push hard at all and the harsher products I only use so often.

It's calming down already since I've gotten home and back into my routine so i think it really was just the shock to the system deal. 

28, dry. Recovering from little sleep at work this weekend/lack of good routine there. 

SR blue moon

PTR gentle foaming cleanser

Fresh black tea mask (new)

PTR unwrinkle toner

SR luna

Shisedo power infusing concentrate

Caudalie premier cru eye cream

Body shop vitamin E night cream (trialing)

Fresh mask didn't feel great on, mild redness that subsided after washing it off and liked how my face looked/felt after. Body shop cream I like how it makes my skin feel and is enough hydration to last til morning but worried that it's a little clogging.

Anonymous Insider

I did the May Lindstrom mask layering today that @Mochapj wrote in detail about in the luxury skincare thread. The immediate effect was soft hydrated skin and a luminous glow from blue cocoon and youth dew. After I do it a few more times I'll report back. 

normal,aging, winter weather and indoor heat dryness.

testing