Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Edit.

I'll probably keep using the Ultra repair serum in the morning and instead switch it up at night and use the Luna Sleeping Night Oil.

Any thoughts/advice on this...???

January 16 PM

A lazy day at home was the perfect day today.

27, keeping my skin hydrated and exfoliated to thank it for being nice to me in 2017 so far

Ren evercalm cleansing milk

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol peel pad

Caudalie Premier Cru eye cream

Sunday Riley Tidal

Will do FAB oatmeal mask in the morning to avoid flakiness on my nose from the peel and should be good as new 🙂 

Back at mothership!

In the comfort of my own bathroom, it is time for an at home mini facial.  

PM skincare - 01/16/17

Skin condition: On speaking terms.

20170116_PM.jpg

1. Tata Harper Nourishing Oil Cleanser

2. May Lindstrom Problem Solver - cuz Calculus doesn't solve itself.

3. Dr.Jart Micro Peel Milk - After PS, just a light touch.

4. Indie Lee CoQ 10 Toner - I haven't used this in the PM yet.  Am eager to see how it works with other serum/oil products.

5. Aurelia Revitalise and Glow serum

6. DDG Ferulic+Retinol Eye Cream

7. Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil

I am ready for my game face.

Ola comostas!

Here is my AM and PM skincare for the past 3 days while I have been out of town - my travel kit.

41, oily and a bit dehydrated, recovering from last bits of cold/flu

AM skincare:

1. Cleanse - Oskia Renaissance Cleansing gel

2. Indie Lee COQ toner or Pixi glow tonic

3. MV Organic Rose spritz

4 Tata Harper Restorative Eye cream

5. Darphin Retexturizing Cream

PM Skincare:

1. Cleanse - Oskia Renaissance Cleansing gel

2. DDG alpha beta peel

3. MV Organic Rose spritz

4. Aurelia Revitalize and Glow serum

5 Tata Harper Restorative Eye cream

6. Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil

All is good.  I head home tomorrow...

Good night BT, pups, and humans.

Skin: Normal, dryer in the winter time

AM:
1. Alternate between Omorovicza cleansing foam and Eve Lom morning cleanser
2. Spritz of Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist
3. Chanel Hydra Beauty Cream

PM:
1. The AM cleansers if I'm not wearing makeup. If I am wearing makeup, remove with Tatcha Cleansing Oil (which I hate and am just trying to finish because it was expensive)
2. Every few days, cleanse with Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm or Eve Lom Cleansing Balm
3. Chanel Hydra Beauty Cream
4. Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Gel Eye serum
4. Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip care balm
5. Usually use a green tea body wash or Nivea Orange Blossom Body wash
6. Tatcha Indigo Body Cream (Also hate and also trying to finish)

Every once in a while I use the Guerlain SOS Soothing Balm or the Midnight Secret cream if I'm feeling like a special treat (typically after doing a mask).

January 14 PM (last night)

27, combo skin but it's been on the normal-dry side since winter

Concerns: well...the night before I was relaxing with masks. I used the Fresh Vitamin nectar brightening mask for about 5 minutes followed by FAB oatmeal mask which is all good and lovely.  I then used an extraction tool on my nose and got a little carried away. It's now clear of blackheads but it's so irritated and red I look like a drunk with a bright red nose and it feels tender and a little sun burnt like. I'm not sure if maybe the vitamin C in the mask irritated my nose or if I just picked way too much. 

Here's my normal PM routine nowadays anyways:

Tatcha cleansing oil

Kate Somerville goat milk cleanser

The Ordinary Niancinamide+ zinc serum

Sunday Riley Tidal

Tatcha camellia gold leaf lip balm ❤

AM routine:

Ren Evercalm Cleansing milk

Sunday Riley Tidal

Oh and I take 2-4 Omega 3 fish oils daily and really think  this helps normalize my skin in terms of spots and redness and oil. 

Skin type: Combination, mostly oily
Current skin: Dry winter skin, ugh, but with my current routine it's been pretty great. I'm into anti aging. I'm always trying new products. I don't really breakout, occasionally I'll get a whitehead or two, mostly on my chin.

PM:
Baby oil (wiped off with Kleenex) or Clinique Take Off The Day Balm
Shiseido Perfect Whip Facial Cleanser, used with foaming net (Not a ph balanced cleanser, after sunscreen and makeup I need extra cleansing otherwise I'll feel clogged)
SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 (not everyday)
Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Perfect Skin Set & Refresh Mist
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum (I'm looking for a replacement if you have recommendations)
Olay Regenerist Deep Hydration Regenerating Anti-Aging Cream (I always go back to this, no fatty alcohols plus high in niacinamide)
KORRES Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil (if I'm extra dry)

Random PM stuff:
Stridex Maximum when I feel clogged. I skip the retinol nights I use this.
Sheet masks when I need brightening and hydration.
I just got the Dr. Brandt magnetic mask, so good!

AM:
Sebamed Liquid Face & Body Wash, used with foaming net (ph balanced)
Skin Inc. Pure Serum-Mist
Lancôme Génifique Eye Youth Activating Eye Concentrate (I have lots of DS and foils, they last forever, I probably will never have to buy a full sized eye cream)
Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 Cream (I use this on days I won't really be out in the sun, plus I work nights, if I'm going to be outside a lot I use my Olay moisturizer and a sunscreen)

Anonymous Insider

AM

Ren Evercalm Cleansing Milk

FAB radiance pad

Timeless Vitamin C 

Caudalie grape water

Chanel Hydrating toner

TH nutrient complex

Farmacy Eye Dew

Murad Hydro Dynamic moisturizer

Skin is feeling hydrated and back on track after the holiday abuse. ❤

1/13/2017 PM

Condition: mildly dehydrated 

Farmacy Green Clean

Pixi Mud Cleanser

Drunk Elephant TLC serum

ML Jasmine Garden

Odacite Autumn on the World, Bl+C, Jo+L, Ac+R

ML Blue Cocoon

Dr Jart Watermax Sleeping Mask

Farmacy Eye Dew

Beauty Chef Beauty Fix lip/skin balm

I've been trialling the Farmacy Green Clean on and off for about a week (on the days I've worn makeup) and so far my skin is liking it. It's more heavily fragranced than a lot of their other products but it's very smooth and leaves my skin feeling comfortable once I rinse it off, not congested.  I'm also still trying to use up my DE TLC serum - my skin finds it too harsh for daily use so I only use 2x a week - really wish there was a way to see how much is still left in the bottle.

overall my skin is doing well; no active breakouts and my texture and hyperpigmentation issues are pretty much gone.

Is this the first time you've tried Farmacy products? I was super interested in their line as they seem to use some nice ingredients but the fragrance part is putting me off! My skin has become more sensitive over the years so anything with fragrence makes me look like a splotchy tomato!

@EmmyLove It's the first few times I've tried their particular cleansing balm, but I've tried and been a devotee of a fair bit of their line for over a year.

their eye cream and brightening sheet mask are HG products for me.  I've tried just about everything else they make at this point (cleansing oil, cleansing scrub, serum, day and night moisturizers, lip balm, mist, honey mask and salve) and they've all been ok but not things I would run out to repurchase. Nothing wrong with any of those products, they just haven't been better than things I already enjoy using.

@Mochapj, thank you for the details! Thats awesome you found new HG's in their line 🙂 i think the sheet mask sounds like a nice introduction to their line!

14845314846451749465897.jpg

@Mochapj there is a way to see what's left in the DE serum, the top comes off and attached is an internal clear canister.  With the top twisted closed I pulled straight up on the pink lid where the lseam is and the entire interior canister comes out.  I can post a pic if that's helpful.  

ETA pic, you can see that mine is almost empty!

This is fantastic!  Thanks for sharing... I've been guessing when I need to buy new bottles.  I actually just got up to check all mine and am so happy to know I can do this! 

Oh thank you for the info @northbaylynx

Ill have to give this a try but I'm not sure if it will work as my bottle is one of the older models (pre the twist pop up tops) and there doesn't appear to be any way to pop it open, but we'll see 🤞🏼

Oh sorry, thought I'd try, I didn't realize that there would be different container types, of course.  Good luck!

Not a problem, I appreciate the suggestion!

i didn't even realize they had changed the packaging until I bought the b hydra last summer and saw it was different 😂

1/13/17

Condition: Dehydrated from dry air, heat, and temperature swings. I currently have bronchitis so my water intake isn't up to par and the medication I'm taking is drying.

AM:

Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser

Timeless 20% Vitamin C, E + Ferulic Acid

Pixi Milky Hydrating Mist

Murad Hydro Dynamic Moisturizer

Farmacy Eye Dew

PM (no makeup today):

Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser

La Mer Treatment Lotion (sample)

DDG Clinical Hydration Booster

Pixi Milky Hydrating Mist

PTR Glycolic Acid 10% Moisturizer (brand new, arrived today)

Murad Hydro Dynamic Moisturizer

Farmacy Eye Dew

Currently sitting with Patchology Eye Gels on. The skin around my eyes is especially dry and the eye gels are soothing, but I don't find them hydrating.  I'm using up the ones I have but won't be repurchasing.

I realized my chin breakouts (which I posted about a few weeks ago) started when I switched to a hydrating cleanser.  The hydrating cleanser made my skin feel great but I just couldn't take trying to manage the breakouts on my chin anymore. Since switching back I've had no breakouts.

1/13/17. 

31, breakout prone skin that is typically under control. chronically dehydrated.

my skin has been doing alright. happy and hydrated with no real blemishes to speak of lately. 2016 was the first year i actively noticed a bit of aging--particularly with fine lines between my eyes / brows, and i think the pores are more noticeable there as well. so while my routine has changed quite yet, it's something i'll be a bit more conscious of focusing on this coming year...

i have to be careful with vit. c. i notice both that my skin benefits from it, but regular use of it tends to cause congestion (not all vit c products, just the more intense ones, it seems). so this a.m. wasn't a typical day, but just something i do once or twice a week. i haven't had any problems yet, so fingers crossed.

a.m.

OLE HENRIKSEN pure truth melting cleanser

MURAD essential-c toner

OLE HENRIKSEN pure truth serum collagen booster

ORIGINS ginzing eye cream

LAURA MERCIER infusion de rose nourishing oil

AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating facial lotion

i took a photo of the a.m. products because i was charmed with the color syngery (that the aveda kind of ruined, but oh well)

amskinorange.jpg

mid day i put on the FIRST AID BEAUTY oatmeal mask for around 15 minutes. 

p.m.

CLINIQUE take the day off cleansing balm (for makeup)

OMOROVICZA thermal cleansing balm (for skin)

PIXI glow tonic

PIXI hydrating milky mist

DRUNK ELEPHANT hydra-b gel serum

KIEHLS midnight recovery eye cream

CLARINS lotus facial oil

SUNDAY RILEY tidal water enzyme cream

Ladies, can anyone recommend  a good vitamin C?

I am looking for something strong for dry skin. 

I have tried a few that did nothing.

TY 🙂

Have you tried the one from Drunk Elephant? My skin loves it! 

4 Replies
testing