Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Oh my gosh, how are you feeling?  Did it hurt?  This is pretty exciting! 

Oh wow. I was about to rattle off my 'routine' but it seems so inadequate reading everyone else's. I always thought I was using too many skincare products but perhaps not enough! 

I'm 24, live in hot and humid south Florida, and have pretty dry skin (mostly my t-zone, ironically). 
In the mornings I use Glossier's milky jelly cleanser followed by their moisturizer. If my skin is really dry that day, I'll often top the moisturizer with maracuja oil from Tarte after it's settled.

At night, I remove my makeup with micellar water more often than not. Then:
-Tarte's Frxxxtion stick (what a godsend)
-Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea face wash
-Glossier's Pure serum (mostly on my neck which is where I break out)
-Glossier's Bounce and/or Glow serum
-Glossier's moisturizer
-Tarte's Maracuja oil 

Once a week or so I use Glossier's moisturizing Moon Mask if my skin is particularly dry, or their Galaxy Greens if it's breaking out. I've obviously picked up a bit of brand loyalty here and there...once I find something I like in terms of skincare I stick with it because I hate to invest in something that might break me out later.

41, alive, kicking.

12/28/16 - PM skincare.  

Today I looked homeless, but I have plans to look cute tomorrow.  So here goes.

20161228_PM (Large).jpg

1. Cleanse - MV Organic Cream Cleanser

2. May Lindstrom Problem Solver - trying to solve the problem that is 2016

3. Caudalie Grape Water

4. Aurelia Revitalize and Glow serum

5. DDG Ferulic and Retinol Eye cream

6. Omorovicza Rejuvenating Night cream

@greenchilli How do you like the Omorovicza night cream? Do you have experience with any other products from this line? Would love to hear your thoughts. I have been eyeing an sampler set on Cultbeauty. Haven't bitten the bullet because I am such a hoarder:)

Hi @Babypeachist

I LOVE the Omorovicza Night Cream.  I mostly use it in Fall/Winter and long haul flights.   It is so soft and wonderful!  It really hydrates when your skin is feeling it's worst.

I have tried several Omorovicza products from their regular line.  It is an excellent brand, but consistently costs more than other brand products that might be my HG.  So I don't purchase unless it is a great deal (coupons and sales). I only did not like one item I tried, the Hydra Melting Cleanser.  

The Rejuvenating Night Cream is my favourite product, and it lasts forever - well worth it to me.

Thanks! I will definitely add it to my wishlist. You've got a lot interesting stuff that I want to try out.

Anonymous Insider

I have been a garbage disposal of a crap diet for a week and I'm paying for it ten fold. 

Banila Balm

Nude Omega Jelly

Cane and Austin 30% pad

Caudalie Grape water

Pixi mud mask 

Propolis sheet mask

Tata Harper nutrient complex

Farmacy Eye Dew

Farmacy Sleep tight (ds first time trying)

Before bed I will add another moisture layer in the form

of a sleeping pack. 

Skincare is holistic.  Products are but one resource to help us take care of our skin.  

I just wanted to share this from Dr.Dennis Gross.

DDG (Large).png

It always boggles my mind how many people don't realize the correlation between what they eat and the condition of their skin.

@greenchilli I couldn't agree more. I've been eating way foo much sugar and drinking more than usual and my skin feels dull and dry. I'm pampering myself this week with lots of water, veggies and taking extra special care of my skin.

@unfungirl @Anonymous

I wrote off December - it has been a bit much, of everything.  My face has survived my insults, I can't say the same for my bottom.

Anonymous Insider

@greenchilli

Ugh betweeen eating habits and hosting 4 days of holiday festivities I need to hibernate with my skin care stash and gallons of water. 

12/27, midday

Treating my face to the ML combo 'facial' I learned at their private class a few weeks ago after a mix of cold weather, garbage food and anxious time with family has given me a few stress spots along my jawline and dull looking skin.

- cleanse

- Radical Skincare pad for exfoliation first

- ML Honey Mud

- ML Clean Dirt

- ML Problem Solver

- ML Blue Cocoon

- ML Jasmine Garden

I will sit and stew in this concoction for a few hours while enjoying a glass of wine and the feeling of being home 🙂

Hope everyone has had a pleasant holiday!

Mocha what does ML stand for?

@aydasu, May Lindstrom.

cool thank you!

Anonymous Insider

This sounds heavenly @Mochapj

It really is @Anonymous !

when I have some time I will write up a little blurb about the private class in the luxe skincare thread - it was quite an experience 😊

Can you tag me when you post it? I saw some pictures on ig and I was so jealous! I can't wait for the wanderlust collection in January 

Mochi!

Garbage food and anxious days.  Are you in my head @Mochapj?

Chilli! 

From the sounds of it this has been a common theme for a few of us @greenchilli 😂

4 Replies
testing