Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Greetings skincare enthusiasts!

41, oily and dehydrated skin, hormonal.

12/27/16 - AM skincare - I am prepping skin to ward off any stray hormonal spots in the next few days.  

20161227_AM.jpg

1. Cleanse - Oskia Renaissance Gel cleanser

2. Dr. Jart Micro Peel - this is very gentle and has salicylic acid.  

3. Hylamide Suz Q serum - hydrating serum

4. Hylamide C25 Vit C

5. Tata Harper Restorative Eye cream

6. Skinowl Lavender drops - all over face oil.  ETA: I often incorporate this oil into rotation during times my skin is susceptible to congestion.

Hope all your skincare goals are realized in 2017!

Anonymous Insider

I love the pictures! @greenchilli

I was scrolling through posts and came here to comment on the pictures, too. They just seem so calming and spa-like. I love them.

@snoflakefaerie @Anonymous

Thank you!  I only started taking pictures a few days ago, I was a bit lazy before.  🙂

I am still in the process of tweaking my skin care regimen right now. I'm combo leaning oily in summer, but my skin gets so dry in winter! This is a recent things though, until I turned 33 or so I was just super oily year round.

Skin type: Combo, leaning dry.

Current skin condition: Dry everywhere except t-zone.

Currently using:

AM:

Philosophy Purity cleanser

Paula's choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid

Drunk Elephant C-firma serum

Boscia sake balm mixed with Josie Maran argan oil

Caudalie grape water a few times a day if my skin feels tight

Caudalie premier cru eye cream

PM:

Origins checks and balances on days I wear makeup, Philosophy purity on days I don't

Paula's choice BHA liquid

Sunday Riley good genes

Sunday Riley Luna oil

Caudalie premier cru eye cream

I also use the tatcha rice powder a few times a week, and the boscia black mask in my t-zone when my skin feels congested, and the bosica tsubaki sleeping mask when my skin is extra dry. I am obsessed with skin care so I love reading what everyone is using!

I felt very proud of myself for posting a picture of my AM skincare.  So here goes PM ...  

12/23/16 - PM skincare

41, dehydrated skin, otherwise all good.

20161223_180329-1 (Large).jpg

1. Cleanse - Emma Hardie balm (now an empty)

2. Acid exfoliator - Biologique Recherche P50 (now an empty).

3. Spritz - Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist (for the hydration, and also to take the edge off step 2)

4. May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon (massaged into skin when face is still wet)

5. DDG Ferulic+Retinol Eye cream (almost an empty)

6. May Lindstrom Youth Dew serum

7. Aurelia Cell Recovery Night oil

So there, pictures and everything too.  Face feels nice and comfy.  And the scent of Blue Cocoon and Aurelia is perfect for a quiet and calm night. 

Merry Christmas everyone!

@greenchilli how is the pixi mist? i've been using a few hydrating mists throughout the day when my skin feels really tight, but none so far have made a big difference.

@unfungirl

I like the Pixi mist a lot.  I know how the tight skin can be so annoying.  If I don't hydrate properly, I would feel that too too.

However, I don't really use a mist during the day (on it's own).  The high water content makes my skin feel dry as it evaporates.  If I am feeling tight, I first mist, and immediately apply a bit of moisturizer into the wet skin.  This will seal in 2 layers of moisture and quickly perks my skin up.

On days when I am wearing makeup and don't want to apply a midday moisturizer, I just take extra care during my AM routine.  I apply 2-3 layers of hydrating products.  A mist, a hydrating serum (preferably with hyaluronic acid), and then I massage a moisturizer into my skin.  I wait a bit, and apply a second coat of moisturizer.  Sometimes a first layer seems enough, but your skin can soak it up in 5 minutes.  So I wait a bit just to be sure.

@greenchilli i've been experimenting with layering moisturizers too, so it's good to know that's working for you! i've never really had dry skin until recently so i feel so lost, thanks for the tips- i may check out some of the stuff you're using 🙂

@unfungirl

You might try layering:

- a mist like Pixi

- then Hylamide SubQ serum (it is excellent and has lovely hyarulonic acid).  I used it in the AM today.

- then a moisturizer.  I would avoid gel or oil free moisturizers personally. Massage a layer in.  Wait a few minutes, and if the skin looks like it could use a bit more...apply a bit more.  

i've tried the ordinary HA serum and it was nice, so i will check out the hyalmide line.  and a heavier moisturizer too. thanks @greenchilli!

12/23/16 - AM Skincare

41, dehydrated, tired.

20161223_134954-1 (Large).jpg

1. Cleanse - Tata Harper Refreshing Cleanser

2. Ilcsi Apricot Gel Mask - all purpose, kicks your skin into gear

3. Hylamide SubQ Serum

4. Hylamide C25 Vit C serum

5. Farmacy Eye Dew - new product to me.  Texture is good.  I will see how my eyes feel at the end of the day.

6. Darphin Retexturizing Moisturizer (or some such)

I have been running my space heater (with the aircon) all day long!  This has done my skin no favours.  I might do a hydration mask again tonight.

December 22 2016

27, I have been travelling and doing kinda stress related/kinda fun family activities, trying to keep on top of my skincare. Just got in from my flight tonight zzzz

Even though it was a no-makeup day I double cleansed because....plane germs, recirculated air, etc..eww.

Clinique TTDO balm

Kate Somerville goat milk cleanser

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic+Retinol peel pad

Dr. Brandt XYY eye cream *sample packet

Sunday Riley Tidal 

Fresh nourishing lip balm in pot

L'Occtiane intensive 25% shea butter hand cream (this is quite new but it saved my hands during the seasonal change and wicked cold spell we had here. LOVE IT❤

Current skincare routine:

Cleansers-

Murad AHA/BHA OR

Murad clarifying cleanser

2x/wk - Ole Henriksen Walnut complexion scrub

Yves Rocher Clarifying Toner (T-zone only)

Sephora Eye Makeup Remover (if needed)

Dior One Essential Serum

Cover FX Custom Radiance Drops C+Lemongrass

La Mer Creme de La Mer (sparingly, eye area)

Caudalie Vinosource 

Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion

Masks - June Jacobs Papaya Enzyme Mask

Ahava Mud Mask

I don't use everything daily but I do use a lot of these products twice daily. I really am happy with my current routine but looking for an alternative to the Dior/La Mer. I'll probably go back to Estee Lauder products though I have to watch some of their night creams as they break me out.

I also drink a lot of water. I was at a bar the other night and ordered my drink with a big glass of water - I noticed I was the only one to do that. Water is still the best thing you can ever do for you skin!

Water IS the best thing ever for skin, especially if you're drinking. I try and drink a glass of water for every alcoholic drink, this also greatly helps with hangovers, haha

Cleanser: Clarisonic, switch off with Konjai Sponges and

philosophy's Purity.

Serum/Oil: philosophy's Hope Is Not Enough

Sunday Riley Luna Oil-Good Genes P.M.

Clinique Turnaround Revitalizing Serum                        Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil

Mixed with philosophy Turbo Booster C Powder P.M.

Clinique Turnaround Daytime Moisturizer A.M.

Clinique Turnaround Night Time/Moisture Surge Intense

Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global P.M.

Eyes: Clinique Repairwear Anti-Gravity Eye Cream D/N

Clinique All About Eyes Intense/Turnaround

Masks: Sephora Rose, Pomegranate, Pearl

PLENTY OF H2O and LOTS OF SLEEP !!!  

@ 

65 and thats your photo?  WOW so pretty!

❤️

P.S. I had to change up my entire skincare regime, my skin got ravaged by chemo and radiation. Wrinkles oh my goodness, NO! I now swear by Perricone MD, my lifesaver! And thanks again, so sweet !!!  😘

Thank you so much! Now I'm 69 and survived colon cancer since ~ please check out my other pics chronicling my journey! Life is short ~ make the very best of it!  💜

"Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots)"

- so THATS why I have totally had to "remodel" my skincare/beauty regimen. Everything seemed to stop working for me. Thanks for the post. I'm 43 and found this very informative.

12/19/16 - PM skincare

41, oily and dehydrated skin, but doing just fine.

1. Cleanse - Omorovicza Thermal cleansing balm.  This is a good cleanser (but I have others I like even more).  

2. Exfoliation - Alpha H liquid gold (I have only recently incorporated it into rotation.  It is stronger on me than other acids.  Verdict yet to come).

3. Spritz - MV Organics Rose water (love)

4. May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon - first layer of hydration & treatment.  Massage it into wet skin. (love)

5. May Lindstrom Youth Dew - still going well.

6. DDG Ferulic+Retinol Eye Cream

7. Aurelia Cell Recovery Night oil to seal it all in. (LOVE)

2 Replies
testing