Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Hi Zip!!

Hope you are well ,and enjoying post school life.

So far so good! Vacations are the best part 😉

skin feels plump and happy tonight so i figured i'd report in tonight's p.m. routine:

• CLINIQUE take the day off balm for makeup removal
  • NUDE omega cleansing jelly
  • PIXI glow tonic peel pads
  • PIXI milky mist
  • MURAD hydro dynamic quenching essence (deluxe sample; lovely)
  • ORIGINS ginzing eye cream (i have issues with this in theory and yet....i really like it ? i'll write about it in my monthly faves)
  • CLARINS blue orchid oil
  • AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating lotion

@jemly Are these listed in the order you use them? I just posted a question to @greenchilli regarding oil and lotion/cream above. If you could take a look at the post (so I don't repeat myself) and give me your thoughts too? You have both given me great advice/information in the past. Thank you.

Anonymous Insider

Hey @jemly

How do you feel about the pixi peel pads? Are they harsh?

I have a sample of the Murad mist I need to try! I have been trying the new hydra quench (I think that's what it's called) cream. It's pretty good in terms of feeling fully hydrated without a heavy feeling. 

@Anonymous I agree with @jemly about the pixi peel pads. I usually use the PTR Unwrinkle peel pads and find the Pixi pads just as effective. They are about half the price of the PTR pads, so that makes it even better!

Anonymous Insider

@NancieNano @jemly

I think I got the wrong pads then. Mine say 20% peel pads.  I love the 5% toner for regular use but 20% is too harsh for my routine right now.  

hi @Anonymous ! the pixi pads aren't harsh. they're just like the pixi glow tonic but just in pad--rather than bottle--form. 5% glycolic, very gentle.

the murad essence is a serum, not a mist. i've only been trying it a couple days but i find it super nice so far. which mist do you speak of ? (i have both the essential-c and hydrating ones, love them)

Tossing in an AM routine:

1. Cleanse - Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser

2. Tone - Pixi Glow tonic

3. January Labs Spritz (good product, awful bottle.)

4. Perricone MD Advance Face Activator

5. SkinOwl Lavender Oil

6. Tata Harper Eye Cream

42 around the corner.  I look 40.5.  Winning!

This week I used a few foil packets of the TH Regenerating Cleanser and loved it! It's on my wish list of full-size products to buy.

Anonymous Insider

Always winning @greenchilli. !!

What pretties did you pick up during the sale?

*I am entirely not sure how tags work, but I am giving it a go...*

@Anonymous

I didn't get much.  I am stocked plenty, with backups of everything I like.  So mostly I dabbled.  I got the LM body cream mini set (for travel), Burberry mini lip set, and Dr.Jart exfoliating milk thingy along with a couple of rando things.

You?

Anonymous Insider

I want that lip set!!!! @greenchilli

I picked up skincare backups, a couple masks, and cologne gift sets for xmas presents. 

Side note... can you recommend a pink high lighter for my skin tone? Something subtle not POW icy pink upper cheeks. 😆  

I really want that Burberry lip set but it is OOS. Hoping it comes back in while the Rouge sale is going on.

@greenchilli I MISS YOUUUUUUUU !!!!

hope you're well

Hi Jem! muah!

I have been well, how about you?

I have been sporting the Bag Lady look a lot lately, but now I am acquiring new shiny things with all the Sephora sale fuss.  

On the face front, I am happy to say that everything has moved south by only 5mm from a year ago.  At this rate my face won't reach my knees until 2020.  I got this!

I have never seen a bag lady with the perfect teeth/smile you have @greenchilli. Hope to start seeing lipstick pics of you again. (That didn't sound creepy did it)?

There is NO WAY @greenchilli would look liked a bag lady.  She's a natural beauty 🙂 just trust me on this 😉 Hi gorgerous!

facial this morning:

• NUDE omega jelly cleanser ( 😞 )
  • PIXI glow mud mask
  • PTR rose stem cell mask (for hydration)
  • SHISEIDO eudermine revitalizing essence (i like to use something like this on a cotton pad after using a mask with a gel texture as i find those difficult to get off with just a wash cloth and water; this ensures i get it off while also adding another layer of hydration)
  • DRUNK ELEPHANT b-hydra serum (on just cheeks and forehead)
  • ORIGINS ginzing eye cream
  • CLARINS blue lotus oil
  • AVEDA botanical kinetics hydration lotion

face feels hydrated and soothed.

I'm 27 now boo, but I did get ID'ed twice this week so hopefully being on this side of 25 my products are doing their job! 

October16 PM

No makeup day so..

Kate Somerville goat milk cleanser

DDG ferulic+retinol peel pad

Caudalie premier cru eye cream

Clinique moisture surge

Octobet 17 AM

Kate Somerville goat milk cleanser

Caudalie premier cru eye cream

Clinique turnaround daytime moisturizer rosy glow

Side note: I seem to go through the Kate Somerville wash so fast as it's only 4oz, does anyone have any recommendations for gentle cleanser that's amazing maybe a bit bigger bottle? 

Anonymous Insider

A cream cleanser?  I really love Ren Evercalm.

2 Replies
testing