Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

I was thinking about that one, @Anonymous

my skin is: oily and acne-prone

AM: I wash with cetaphil

and then boscia tsubaki exfoliator (every three days I use dr. Brandt microdermabrasion)

acne medication

eucerin lotion with sunscreen (I live in Florida so SPF is a must)

PM: cetaphil

acne medication

acne medication #2 (much more irritating)

aveeno age relief night cream (aging isn't a concern but this smells amazing and is really moisturizing) 

clarins age rewind (I just got a sample of it)

aquaphor on my lips (I'm going to stop this I think)

ive been having oil problems for a long time, but they have gotten a lot worse recently so if anyone has any suggestions... 🙂

I'm so glad I can finally contribute to this thread, as I finally have a real skincare regime that is working fabulously for me. I really think my skin looks better than it did 10 years ago. I'm also super consistent now, which was always a struggle for me but it really pays off.  Sorry ladies, this is a long one!

Anyway! I use...

Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes (Original) - I usually wait for a sale at CVS when they have a BOGO. 

Nude Perfect Cleanse Clarify Oil Cleanser - Out of everything I wouldn't mind replacing this. I might go for the Bobbi Brown oil cleanser when I finish up with this. 

Radical Skincare Age-Defying Exfoliating Pads - I like this brand because these pads are pretty "harsh" (in a good way!). I tried the First Aid Beauty ones and thought they were too gentle on me. At my age I want to feel the burn! This brand is getting harder to find. Might try the Cane and Austin ones next. Regardless, I cut the pads in half (which is plenty of product and your will jar last 2x as long) and apply 30 mins-one/hour ahead of the rest of my skincare at nighttime.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum

Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate 

Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil - Oh my goodness a bottle of this lasts forever! (Which is good because I really

enjoy it!) I use a few small drops on my fingertips and rub into my face, just enough to give me a sheen. I've noticed that applying an oil first really helps my moisturizer absorb better. 

Origins Starting Over Age-Erasing Moisturizer - So happy with this! A fabulous consistency, feels nice on and sinks in well.

Elizabeth Arden Prevage Eye Cream - Ugh, I've been using a sample of this for so long and LOVE it! Of course it costs $100 in the real world. This is the first time I've truly felt like I've seen results from an eye cream so I might have to bite the bullet and buy it. 

prevage eye cream is great!  i caved and bought a full size during one of ulta's 20% off events

i just cleaned out my foil drawers and gave myself a facial with some rediscovered samples: 

cleansed: omorovicza thermal cleansing balm

mask: farmacy honey potion moisture mask

serum: caudalie vinosource radiance serum

oil: tata harper nutrient complex (i found the remaining bit of this *in* my foil drawer, the bottle is so small; i thought i was out so yay !)

moisturizer: kate sommerville goats milk cream

@jemly what did you think about the KS goat milk cream? I really like it and it seems to work well for my skin, but it's so expensive for a moisturizer. Do you think it's worth it, or have any ideas for similar substitutes? I also enjoy that caudalie vinosource radiance serum a lot, but it is essspensive too.

@ShannonAlexis I love the goat milk moisturizer. It is way expensive which is why I don't repurchase regularly but I find such a little bit goes a long way, which really helps me justify the cost. I also preferred to only wear it at night (I found it did not absorb quickly enough for day time; not a bad thing but just not ideal for my morning routine....also this might've changed with the slight reformulation that happened a few months ago, not sure) and doing so also "extends" how long I use it, though of course I have another moisturizer which is another cost.  So what's my point: I'm good at justifying cost even if it doesn't entirely make sense. And definitively in my top 3 moisturizers 🙂

I really like the Omorovicza Thermal cleansing balm. I ended up buying the smallest ($32 US) jar after trying a foil of it. I should have known the jar would be small, but I didn't realize just how small until it arrived. I think it lasted me a few weeks tops. I did enjoy the smell even though I know for some its off-putting. I reorganized my foils yesterday. I was surprised at how many mask samples I have. 

In case you were not aware, you can order the balm from cult beauty and save a lot.  I think the full size converts to about $50.  

at first i thought you were just talking about dollar to pound conversion (which didn't quite make sense) but now i see that omorovicza is dramatically less (half !) in the UK ! whoa !!

@jemly isnt it amazing?!!! (and totally unfair)

8/27pm

I've been slacking since Wednesday and haven't been following all of my usual steps due to a recent dental surgery.  My skin is doing pretty well at the moment, despite this.  It's clear, fairly even toned and well hydrated.  (missing is my double cleanse and oil/serum steps)

Cleanse w/ Pixi Glow cleanser

Tone w/ Pixi Glow tonic

Spritz of May Lindstrom Jasmine Garden

Swipe of May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon

Farmacy Eye Dew

August 27 PM skincare

Clinique TTDO balm

Kate Somerville Goat moisturizing cleanser

Clinique Moisture Surge

Thisis where it gets interesting..my hubby(bless him) is trying to show an interest in my interests(skincare) and ordered two mini sets of Dermalogica products for me to try... But I've sorta sorted my skincare out and don't wanna try new things. Are there any gems I should know about in the Normal/oily skincare set or the Medibac skincare set?? 

Bump

i love this thread, I have learnt a ton here on BT especially the skincare threads, always curious, and love posting as a mini skincare journal 

This is an Interesting Thread that needs to be Bumped Up!  🙂

July 31 PM

My skin was quite oily today (thanks, hormones) but tomorrow is retinol day 🙂 

Clinique TTDO balm

Kate Somerville goat milk cleanser

Shiseido eye cream

Clinique moisture surge

Herbivore Rose Hibiscus mist

July 30 PM

No major concerns today, actually, showing my skin some pampering and love for repairing itself so quickly 

Clinique TTDO balm, facial massages with this are the best! 

Nude omega jelly...cut up the tube scraped the last out...rip

First Aid Beauty Oatmeal moisturizing mask ~ 6 mins ( any longer and it'll break my skin out) 

Clinique moisture surge 

Shiseido eye cream

Herbivore Rose Hibiscus mist...love! 

Took me a while to figure out but im all about natural skincare. A lot of the brand cleansers that say are natural are not so. If the ingredients list is too long its probably not good for your skin. So,e even have mineral oil.. I broke out when i started for 2-3 weeks but it was my skin spitting out all those chemicals. Now my skin is clear. 

Am

konjac sponge

100% pure purity facial cleanser and mask

cleanse and place a warm towel on my face 

A mix of thayers witch hazel rose water and neroli water as a toner 

As moisturizer 3 drops of appleseed oil (great for acne),  2 drops of rosehip oil (great for acne scars and even tone) and 2 drops of spinach seed oil (vitamins and sun protection) massage all over face and neck until it absobs. 

Primer with 100% pure luminous primer ( leaves skin glowing) 

Pm

Shea Terra rosehips black soap deep pore facial wash

Konjac Sponge 

oil cleanse (jojoba oil, rosehip oil, appleseed oil) if i wore a lot of make up. 

Clean with warm towel

A mix of thayers witch hazel rose water and neroli water as a toner
As moisturizer 3 drops of appleseed oil (great for acne), 2 drops of rosehip oil (great for acne scars and even tone) and 2 drops of seabuckthorn oil (scarring) massage all over face and neck until it absorbs.

Skin: normal/dry in winter

Condition: Great.

Issues: Occasional cystic acne (with scarring) and trying to fight off fine lines and retain elasticity. 

AM: 

water or cleanse (Ole red tea foaming)

Salicyclic acid pad every 2-3 days, don't have daily need

Mario Badescu drying cream if cystic acne present

Dr. Brandt needles no more filler mask

Ole truth Serum

Ole sheer transformation

Sunscreen (currently burning all the summer samples)

PM:

Clarisonic 1-2 times weekly

Ole red tea foaming cleanser

2x week Ole power bright (was skeptical about this but saw instant brightening and woke up the next day with significant reduction in visibility of acne scars/dark spots, new but it's staying for sure)

Dr. Dennis gross alpha beta peel occasionally

Peter Thomas Roth unwrinkle turbo on the big 6 (testing)

Dr. Brandt needles no more filler 

Ole sheer transformation

Sephora sleep mask- pearl. Not as much in summer since they're super hydrating

Mario badescu drying lotion for cystic (or buffering solution if I'm at work)

Sometimes at night I feel like I've been in the bathroom forever doing skincare, this is all why hah! I have some other masks and eye things I want to try out but they have ingredients I may be allergic to, holding off until allergist visit!

July 27, 2016 

PM skincare

Concerns: major stress related breakout, trying to reduce scarring, preventing more flare ups, no current active blemishes but still some congestion

Clinique TTDO balm

Nude omega jelly

Ren flash rinse 1 minute facial

Clinique moisture surge

Shiseido eye cream 

Fucidin + hydrocortisone 1% cream to reduce scarring on a certain stubbornly huge picked cheek zit, ugh! I should not have picked that, also I know not to rely on the steroid cream but, well, seems to be doing a bit better. 

Hi folks,

I am looking for some help. I have sensitive, acne prone skin.

I am also on birth control which is playing with my pores a bit.  I am finding it hard to balance between product to fight the breakouts and the redness that they cause. I am currently using MURAD's line for acne. The breakouts are centralized mostly to one side of my chin (guessing due to birth control) and clogged pores on my nose and cheeks. I would really appreciate any help you could give!

Morning:

Cetafil Cleanser

Moisterizer

Night: Murad clarifying cleanser

Murad skin perfecting moisterizer

1x week: Glam glow Supermud mask

testing