Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

40, oily/combo, dehydrated:

02/04/16 - AM Skincare:

Pretty standard stuff.  . 

Sidenote:  I had felt like a hormonal blemish might show up above my lip.  You know the feeling you get, when something is brewing?  I put a kabosh on that quickly. 

If I use a product I haven't commented on previously in this thread, I will do so.  Maybe tonight...a serum or toner. 

I'm brewing one of those on my chin. It's going to be the lingering type and after it's done it'll leave a nice pigmentation spot for remembrance. 

A couple of days of P50 has sent mine into hiding.  You definitely need to restock.  

what is P50?

samls,

P50 is an acid exfoliating toner, similar to DDG peels pads, FAB Radiance pads etc.

Acid toners may all vary a bit in ingredients and strengths. 

Thanks. I may look into it if my skin doesn't get any better in the next couple weeks. I feel awful with all of these breakouts ๐Ÿ˜ž

image.jpg

Oops sorry I posted info about p50 but looks like it's gone ๐Ÿ˜ It's an acid toner that skincare guru Caroline hirons talks about on her blog. 

Me too it's awful ๐Ÿ˜ž I stopped taking my BC and my face is not happy! I have a mark left on my face from a previous bump several months ago 

I feel your pain.

It's been a year since I stopped taking mine, and I'm still dealing with the effects on my face. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Going off BC is the worst. I'm still trying to get my hormones under control

Buffering lotion to the rescue!

Michelle! 

I actually didn't use Buffering lotion - I have run out of it. 

Most importantly, I have not traveled in over 2 weeks - my skin is reaping the benefits of all this stay home time.  That will change next week though. 

knock on wood, but super happy with my skin lately ! 

2/3/16 p.m.

CLINIQUE take the day off balm

REN rosa centifolia hot cloth cleanser (in shower)

FAB facial radiance pads

CAUDALIE vinoperfect radiance serum** (deluxe sample)

CLARINS blue orchid oil

AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating lotion.

**i love this serum. i've had a couple of foil samples, and now i have this deluxe sample. i've never bought the full size because i hate buying things i can't afford to repurchase over and over. but seriously, i feel like i see INSTANT results with this stuff. the first few ingredients are glycerin and squalene, which are both very hydrating. and it gives instant glow, i've found.

21, Dry and acne prone skin

PM

Drunk Elephant Pekee Bar (an awesome gentle cleanser)

May Coop Raw Sauce 

Benzaclin (guess who got a prescription!)

Dr. Jart Water Fuse Overnight Mask

AM

Saje Aloe Konjac Sponge w/ water (such a refreshing wake up)

May Coop Raw Sauce 

Benzaclin 

Dr. Jart Water Fuse Oil Free (I don't particularly like the texture of this anymore so i'm kind of trying to be rid of it!)

SunBum SPF 50 Clear Zinc Oxide Cream

40, oily/combo,

02/02/16 - PM Skincare

1. Nude Omega Jelly cleanser

2. Biologique P50 exfoliant

3. Biologique Masque Vivant - dziggi reminded me of this, and I realized I still had a bit left at home.  It is a great little mask, if one can survive the smell.   Think fertilizer.  I am glad I used it though....I had forgotten how much I liked it.

4. Caudalie Grape water Spritz

5. Dr. Brandt Overnight Resurfacing Retinol serum

6. Algenist Genius Eye cream

7.  Sjal Kuri Intuitif Intense Hydrating cream

02/03/16 - AM Skincare:

1. Water and wash cloth cleanse

2. Pixi Glow tonic

3. Tata Harper Brightening serum concentrate

4. Algenist Genius Eye cream

5. Elemis Marine Collagen Night cream

I typically spritz and reapply some moisturizer during the day when I am feeling extra dehydrated (like today).  My office humidity is really low this morning as I forgot to keep the humidifier running overnight.  My eyes and skin feel it.

Fertilizer is such an accurate description. I need get a new humidifier. My skin wasn't this dry last winter since I always had it running overnight too. How could I forget!? Face palm.

Hi njattana!

P50 is a very nice product.  I have tried many acid exfoliators and this is in proper rotation.   I use their stronger formula (it is definitely potent) as my skin is quite "seasoned".

But their P50V would be a nice one for those with sensitive skin or anyone  starting out or want a gentler product.

It is a nice exfoliator, but I am using it this week more so for preventing a hormonal spot.  

njattana -

FAB pads and Pixi Glow toner are very gentle and suitable for sensitive skins (can be used daily). 

I don't think you can get Pixi Glow in Canada yet, but Sephora often gives FAB pads in prmos and such.  So if you do see it as a promo, definitely try it out.

Daily usage will definitely help keeping the skin clear of clogged pores and prevent some annoying skin issues.

10-4!

And P50V has salicylic acid as well, so that would help dealing with a breakout nicely.

Mid 20s. Combo with mild rosacea. Currently dehydrated because I started using a new exfoliant. Former sunaddict (sporadically from my teens to early 20's).

AM
Cerave Hydrating Cleanser
Bioelements Skin Equalizer
Skinceuticals CE Ferulic
Topix of Power of Three
Cerave Hydrating Eye Cream
Acure Organics Marula Oil

Worked from home, no sunscreen.

PM
The Face Shop Rice Oil Cleanser*
Cerave Hydrating Cleanser
Bioelements Skin Equalizer
Jan Marini Peptide Extreme Serum
Topix Power of Three Cream
Dr. Denise Hydrating Serum*
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream**
Acure Organics Marula Oil

*Not for me. Going to replace once used up.
**New product for me.

Thoughts: I've simplified my skincare in the last month and honestly I don't think my skin agrees with it. I used to layer different types of essences, serums, boosters, moisturizers, and unicorn blood. My skin just looked better when it was pampered. I've got decent skin, never struggled with acne except for the occasional hormonal breakout. I live in a dry and high attitude climate. I'm constantly battling dehydrated skin. I think I just have high maintenance skin. I'll keep this routine for another month and see how I feel but so far I'm missing my 'excessive' routine.

testing