Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

It gives me a slight glow and helps lighten pigmentation. I think that's the point of Vitamin C serums though. I've got a deluxe sample of the Drunk Elephant the formula seems to be similar. I'm hoping I can switch to it without irritation. Skinceuticals slowly keeps jacking up the price. I started using it in 2013. I think it's gone up almost $40 in two years. I know it's gold standard for anti-aging and sun damaged skin but I'm just over it. I know people that swear by it'll but I think a well formulated Vitamin C will work just as well.

I usually use it up fast since I apply it on my neck and chest. Never had it long enough for it to oxidize. I wasn't aware they sold minis. Only time I got minis was as a sample. I know I order some from Amazon and Ebay a couple of times and every time I checked the PH level of it was off or a watered down product!!!

That's really interesting that you find that!! I used to have a super elaborate routine as well and just started a simpler one last night to experiment.  I feel so high maintenance with all my different steps but I felt it made a difference in my skin.  Here's to trying to simplify! (I'm giving it a month) 

Yes, here's to simplicity... for now. 🙂 I had used up lots of staples and wanted to try something new. I feel high maintenance too and I'm all for simplicity but my old routine worked for me. Maybe a part of it is too because I would really enjoy the process of my routine. It relaxed me. 

i'll post the past couple of days, i've had off and had a bit of time to treat, though it's been more or less the routine for the past week or so 🙂

skin type: combo (normal-to-oily) with dehydration. breakout prone, particularly on chin, but mostly manage to keep it at bay.

2/1/16 a.m.

NUDE clarifying oil

AVEDA liquid BHA exfoliant

PIXI glow mud mask (15-20 min)

GLOSSIER rosewater spritz

FIRST AID BEAUTY ultra repair instant oatmeal mask (for hydration; 8 minutes)

HYLAMIDE low molecular HA booster serum

CLARINS blue orchid oil

AVEDA bk hydrating lotion

2/1/16 p.m.

CLINIQUE take the day off balm

NUDE perfect cleanse omega cleansing jelly

FIRST AID BEAUTY facial radiance pads

MARIO BADESCU facial spray w/ rose, aloe & herbs

HYLAMIDE low molecular HA booster serum

CLARINS blue orchid facial oil

AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating lotion

2/2/16 a.m.

PIXI glow mud cleanser (my skin is LOVING this so far)

MURAD essential c toner

HYLAMIDE HA booster serum

one drop of CLARINS lotus oil

AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating lotion.

I've been really keen on trying Hylamide products. I'm just trying use up some stuff first. I've been also eyeing that FAB oatmeal mask since I've got mild rosacea and I hear it's good for calming inflammation. 

Anonymous Insider

Ohhhh I love me some skin care!!!!!

Skin type: Sensitive, dry, eczema-prone

Current skin condition: I'm having a great skin week so far! No irritation, just a little dry.

AM Skincare:

1. I cleanse and tone my face with Teddie Organics Rose Water spray. It helps keep the redness due to my eczema down.

2. While my face is still damp from the rose water, I pat on a few drops of Teddie Organics Rosehip Oil. It's super hydrating and is helping clear up my eczema.

PM Skincare:

1. If I wore makeup that day, I'll use a gentle cleanser, such as Cetaphil. If not, I skip to step 2!

2. I follow steps 1 and 2 from my AM routine.

General Comments: My skin looks really good as long as I can keep the eczema under control. I am finding that switching to rosehip oil as a moisturizer has realllllly helped with that and the dryness. Bonus: Rosehip oil naturally has Vitamin C which helps brighten, and Vitamin A which converts to retinol! So I'm anti-aging as well! Yay for multitasking 🙂

Age - 26

Skin type - Normal/Dry

Current skin condition - Dehydrated

Environment: Back in FL

After traveling for 16hrs my skin is acting up 😞

Today, AM:

1. Hada Labo Tokyo Hydrating Facial Cleanser

2. Biologique Recherche P50

3. Cremorlab Mineral Treatment Essence

4. COSRX Propolis Light Ampoule

5. Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum

6. Kate Somerville Goat Milk

7. Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream

8. Tatcha Dewy Skin Mist

9. SKIN AQUA SARAFIT UV Sunscreen Spray SPF50+ PA+++

26, Combination-Dry. Right now I'm having a really good skin week, only thing I'm really dealing with is one dark mark on my cheek from a breakout a week or so ago.

2/1 PM routine

1. Caudalie Cleansing Oil (love)

2. Philosophy Purity with Clarisonic

3. DDG Retinol Peel

4. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

5. Korres Black Pine Night Cream

2/2AM

1. Tatcha Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

2. Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum

3. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (anxiously awaiting my Tatcha eye serum to arrive tomorrow :D)

4. Algenist Power Moisturizer (Loving this so far)

I kinda do the same thing every day, swapping out a couple things here and there.  

This AM

Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing oil gel

Benton Aloe Toner

Fresh lotus eye cream

PTR Camu Camu Serum

Fresh Rose hydrating serum 

Fresh Lotus Cream

Clarins Spf 40

Last night - 

Remove cc cream w Body Shop Camomile oil cleanser  and wet washcloth

Boscia Tsubaki cleansing oil gel

Benton aloe toner

Fresh lotus eye cream 

Boscia cool blue hydrating essence

NUDE milk on areas that get flaky with the retinoid

Rx differin .1% cream

NUDE Rescue Oil

Fresh Lotus Cream

21, acne prone dry skin (woo!) 

PM 

Tatcha Cleansing Oil (love it)

Drunk Elephant Pekee Bar 

FAB Blemish Pads (just trying out but so far so good!)

May Coop Raw Sauce 

Drunk Elephant TLC Serum (love!)

Fresh Seaberry Oil 

AM

FAB Blemish Pads 

Fresh Seaberry Oil 

Just trying to keep it simple while I figure out what works best for my skin 🙂 

LovePlaid - you will figure it out!

If you find your skin irritated, cut back on some of the more active items a little bit.  Your skin will adjust again.

Thanks!! That was actually exactly what I was thinking of doing! 

Mid 20s. Combo with mild rosacea. Currently dehydrated because I started using a new exfoliant. Former sunaddict (sporadically from my teens to early 20's).

AM
Cerave Hydrating Cleanser
Missha First Treatment Essence
Olay Regenerist Serum*
Nia24 Skin Strengthening Complex
Cerave Hydrating Eye Cream

No sunscreen since I was snowed in and didn't leave the house.

PM
The Face Shop Rice Oil Cleanser*
Cerave Hydrating Cleanser
Waited 45 min...
Prescription Retinoid

*Not for me. Going to replace once used up.

Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combo

Skin condition - dehydrated.  I feel like a hormonal blemish might show up in a spot above my lip.  It has not quite made up its mind yet.  

When I feel a hormonal cretin coming on, I freely use Retinol and/or acids over the spot.  Often it decides not to grow up and flourish,  and other times it is less of a nuisance than it could potentially be. 

02/02/16 - PM Skincare

1.  NUDE Omega Jelly cleanser - nice!

2. Biologique P50 acid exfoliant - it is different than all my other acid exfoliants.

3. Tata Harper Brightening Concentate serum - nice

4. Algenish Genius Eye Cream (sample - testing):  I like that it is less greasy than the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye cream.  Okay so far.

5. Dr.Brant 3D Filler Mask -Sephora kindly sent this for testing.  I am doing my due diligence by using it a week, but it hasn't moved me yet.

6. Sjal Kuri Intuitif Intense Hydrating Cream - such a feel good night/winter moisturzier.  On days I expect to be in my office or home all day, I use this during the day as well.   

Oh how I miss my P50. I haven't purchased it in a while since I was trying it out other stuff. I agree that it's a lot different from most exfoliants. Have you tried any other products from the brand?

Hi dziggi!

I have tried their Masque Vivant before, but it has been a while.  It was nice.

*I think I have a little remaining - I might use it this week.*

Yes, I've used that mask. Had a full size a while back. I really liked it when my skin was really congested even though it reminds me of Vegimite. Ha. Those are the only products I've tried from the brand. I want to try the rejuvenating and oxygen masks next. 

dziggi - I have staples, but I rotate through acid exfoliaters and serums all the time. 

P50 and DDG work well for me when I feel an oncoming nuisance on my face or when the hormones are acting up.  I especially like P50 as it has some Sulphur in it as well. 

If you do try other products, I would love to hear your comments.  A long time ago I tried a cream and another mask (I don't remember).  They were samples, but they didn't make an impression on me. 

I will let you know. I'm planning on repurchasing P50 soon and will add the masks. I'll post in here how I feel about them.

How do you like P50? I have heard good things about it, but am worried about the salicylic acid in it (a trigger for ad skin for me usually). This does not stop me from wanting to try it

testing