Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

1/24/16 - AM

1. Tatcha cleansing oil

2. Peter Thomas Roth Mud Moor mask

3. Korres Pomegranate Toner

4. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster

5. Korres Wild Rose moisturizer

6. Ole Henriksen Pure turth youth activating oil

so many unquestionably beautiful products, 2 of which have proven to break me out (which makes me sooooo sad: tatcha cleansing oil and the OH truth serum 😞 )

I too had problems with the Truth Serum. For some reason I can only use a few brand's vitamin C products without my skin hating me. The Murad Radiance peel and Caudalie Polyphenol line are the two that come to mind of ones that didn't break me out.

I third having Truth Serum probz- I love how it lightened my dark spots and improved my skin texture, but it also broke me out 😞

oh no!!! 😞 I'm almost out of the tatcha oil, wanted to finish it before I start with my nude one which i repurchased a while back. I love this serum, such a shame it breaks you out! 😞

1/24/16 a.m.

NUDE clarifying cleansing oil

CLINIQUE clarifying lotion -- gentle (the green colored alcohol free one)

MURAD essential c toner

CLARINS lotus oil

AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating lotion

i noticed yesterday a few surface bumps around my chin/jaw/mouth. hardly noticeable and i wouldn't even call it a breakout, but it was something. i think the results of dating / kissing a man with a beard !! so that's why i went in with the clinique, which has salicylic acid. everything is back to normal. 🙂

I've been basically free of breakouts except today I woke up with a few because I had pizza yesterday. :s 

I don't know what to do about ingrown hairs though! 

any sort of regular use of a liquid exfoliant (either aha or bha) should help with ingrown hairs, particularly when paired with a facial oil like CLARINS lotus. basically keeping the skin unplugged and lubricated/conditioned...

January 23 2016, PM skincare

26, combination, no current outbreaks, healing some that will scar

Clinique TTDO blam

FAB face cleanser, no clarisonic

Nude rescue oil - my little foil has lasted about a week and I LOVE it! I'm sure it's made a lot of difference 🙂 I've bought it in the set that comes with the cleanser and fizzy thing 🙂 

Nude purify moisturizer

Shiseido eye cream 

Fresh lip serum

29, perpetually dry

1/23/16 AM

Origins Checks & Balances Frothy Face Wash (not my favorite, but I'm out of my regular cleanser)

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Cream

1/23/16 PM

Fresh Soy Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover (it's a DS, but I'm really enjoying it!)

Bioderma Sensibio (sample)

Korres Nectarine Velvet Moisturizing Mask

Yes to Carrots Fragrance Free Intense Hydration Night Cream

Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Creme (another DS)

Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil (sample...ugh, the smell)

Smith's Rosebud Salve

Haha I think I'm the only who likes the scent of the Seaberry Oil.

I love the scent of the Seaberry Oil!  I wouldn't want to walk smelling like it all day, but the scent fades quickly enough that it's not a concern.

I'd probably get used to it after a while.  I guess I'm just used to the Josie Maran Argan Oil Light, which doesn't really have a smell.

Good point! I used Sunday Riley oils for about 10 months, and the smell was the hardest part to get used too. I'm still finishing up a bottle of Luna which I refer to the scent as "Hamster food" hah

ETA: 40, oily/combo, winter dehydration.  Skin is in fairly good shape, with occassional annoyances.

Last night was a very standard night, so on to today.  I rotated products and wanted to comment on a couple:

01/23/16 - AM Skincare in order of usage:

1. Cleanse with warm wash cloth - only water, no cleanser

2. Clarins Gentle Exfoliating toner - this is my alternative toner that I use occassionally.  It has Glycolic acid for gentle exfoliation, and Glycerin for hydration, so does both.  It has alcohol which I often avoid, but it is tempered a bit here and the product is quite good.

3. Su-Man velvet Brightening Serum

4. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

5. Darphin Retexturizing Smoothing Cream - nice cream for day or night.  Good for my winter skin without being greasy or heavy, but hydrating still.

01/23/16 - PM Skincare:

1. Lightly cleanse with NUDE Omega Jelly - like

2. Cane +Austin 30% Glycolic peel - will talk more below.

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist (sample - like)

4. Dr.Brandt Overnight Resurfacing serum - like

5. Bobby Brown Hydrating Eye Cream - like

6. Omoroviza Rejuvenating Night Cream - love

Cane +Austin 30% peel comments in spoiler:

Spoiler

Cane + Austen 30% glycolic peel - I got this in one of the Sephora perks/rewards type things.  They had 4 treatments, and tonight was the third time I used it.  Glycolic acid is the key acid front and center (unlike say DDG Extra Strength that uses multiple acids).

The brand site and Sephora page recommends this peel pad be used every AM and PM.  For sensitive skin it is recommended once a day for a week, and then to ramp up.

So - I am used to acid toning and my skin is quite tolerant to stronger acids.  However, this is a pretty strong one.  Not that I had any negative effect at all.  I like it.  But I would use it maybe once a week interspersed with my regular exfoliating routine (that is not as strong).  This is a single pad and does not have a companion neutralizing product with it.  The brand does not talk about neutralizing the acid.  Howveer, when I use it, I follow it up with a hydrating toner ( I do not use water).

C+A seems like a straight forward brand.  No mess no fuss.  But I wish they were more cautious about recommending it be used daily (AM&PM even) straight off the bat, as it could be quite strong for most who don't acid tone at all.   I would recommend using this once or twice a week if you so choose, and then adjusting based on your skin tolerance. 

Skin type: Fair but not very fair - Normal to Dry with occasional blackheads and closed comedones. 

Current skin condition: best skin of my life - pretty clear with some redness.

AM

1. Sample Cleansers (amore pacific or Purity) or Paula's Choice (PC) Resist Restorative Balancing Cleanser.

2. SK-II Treatment Essence

3. PC Resist Replenishing Toner with PC C15 Vit C drops on Shiseido cotton pad. Let dry.

4. Alternate PC 2% BHA liquid and PC 5% AHA treatment. I take a break from these usually 1-2 days a week.

5. PC Resist Moisturizer with 30 spf or Amore Pacific Future Response with spf (I love this but its so expensive I use it just a few days a week).

PM

1. Steps 1-3 of AM.

2. Dr. Jart+ Ceramindin Liquid..has alcohol in it, I know.

3. PC Resist Retinol Moisturizer with added PC 1% Retinol booster.

4. 1x weekly PC 10% AHA Treatment on cotton pad. Let dry (No retinol this night). 2x month SK-II sheet mask. 1x weekly Clarisonic.

Comments: Holy cow! It seems intense when I type it all out.

Skin: combination/dry, reactive

01/22, PM

1. Farmacy Clear Bloom Cleansing Oil to remove eye makeup

2. Algenist Genius Melting Cleanser, first cleanse

3. FAB Face Cleanser, second cleanse

4. MISSHA First Treatment Essence

5. Paula's Choice 10% AHA Weekly Treatment

6. CeraVe Eye Repair Cream

7. Karuna Hydrating Sheet Mask

8. MISSHA Time Revolution Night Repair mixed with a few drops of PTR Neuroliquid Youth Serum

9. Acure Marula Oil

Have you used the SK-II essence? If so, how to they compare? I would love to spend less on a yeast essence.

Age - 26

Skin type - Normal/Dry

Current skin condition - Dehydrated

Environment: In Switzerland so very dry winter mountain air.

Today, AM:

1. Hada Labo Tokyo Hydrating Facial Cleanser

2. Cremorlab Mineral Treatment Essence

2. COSRX Propolis Light Ampoule

4. Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum

5. Kate Somerville Goat Milk

6. Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream

7. Tatcha Dewy Skin Mist

8. SKIN AQUA SARAFIT UV Sunscreen Spray SPF50+ PA+++

I've been itching to try much of the COSRX line. How do you like the Ampoule? Have you tried anything else?

Sorry just saw this now.

I love love the ampoule. Prob one my fav product from the line. However, I feel like my Banila Co. Miss Flower & Mr. Honey Essence Oil gives me the same amount of hydration + gives me brightening effects and smells like heaven. I have tried quite a few products from the line and so far I've had luck w/ most of them! I have a lot a samples from the brand if you want I'd be happy to send them your way 😉

testing