Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

So right now just used some Cetaphil as it was a no-makeup day and applied aloe gel all over my face and eyelids (in hopes to improve them). Lylysa gave some awesome tips on how to deal with a reaction on my eyelid so I will try that tomorrow. Right now just giving my skin a break!

I hope your eye feels better soon. Reactions stink.

Breaks are nice to skin, I think, sometimes less is more 

1/20 AM

- rinse w/ water 

- Clinique clarifying lotion 3

- farmacy root serum

- farmacy eye dew

- Laura mercier Rose oil 

- don't think I used moisturizer after this, can't recall 

midday - tony moly tea tree sheet mask

PM

- may lindstrom clean dirt cleanser (not sure about it)

- hot cloth

- Clinique clarifying lotion 2

- rose water

- farmacy eye dew

- farmacy sleep balm

- Kate Somerville eradicate spot treatment, overnight

Skin is well hydrated, but the area under my chin has suddenly sprouted some new friends.  I tried to tea tree mask them away, but it seemed to make them worse.  Don't want to overdry my face by using the Problem solver more than once every few days, so KS eradikate will have to do.

I find that EradiKate and other acne products tend to stop working so well after a while.  i plan to take a break after my almost finished Mario Badescu sulpher is out.  It just doesnt work like it used to.  

Now I need something to take its place, but what can work better than the "EradiKate?"

I've been using Eradikate so much lately and wondering what happened to its magical powers. It still works, but my breakouts seem endless lately. 

Me too (on the endless part) 😞

tea tree is often recommended for pimples....and yet it *can* be too harsh. just depends on the skin. i can't really tolerate it myself.

do you not find clinique #3 too harsh ? my mother to this day swears by #2--she's used it for 20 years and has astonishingly great skin. it never worked for me though. i'd get great results at first and then after a month or so my skin would revolt. so i know it totally works for some people (seriously, clinique should pay my mother as a walking advertisement !!) but can wreak havoc on others (clinique should *not* pay me 😉 )

Tea tree is definitely going on my 'do not use' list.

i woke out of a dead sleep overnight because my face was suddenly so itchy i wanted to scratch it off.  Had to get up and rinse with water/apply aloe just to get back to sleep 😞  the only other thing I can figure is something they put in my hair at the salon may have caused it.  I didn't shower after my haircut and the back of my neck was also crazy itchy.

#3 my skin tolerates, but not more than once a day.  I rotate between it and the nude toner in the mornings, depending on skin conditions.

Very dry skin so I don't cleanse in the morning.

AM:

• Hourglass Veil Mineral (I believe this has some SPF, but not sure how much)
  • Coola BB Cream with SPF 30
  • Mario Badescu rose & aloe facial spray

PM:

• Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser
  • Clinique TTDO Remover if I'm not wearing much make-up OR Clarins PureMelt Gel if I'm wearing a whole face of makeup (I apply with hands and then use a wet Makeup Eraser to take it all off - works wonderfully!)
  • Clarins extra-comfort toning lotion
  • Mario Badescu rose & aloe facial spray
  • Tibetan goji berry eye serum with retinol
  • Random moisturizer sample OR Clarins HydraQuench
  • Fresh Sugar lip treatment

Once a week:

• GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUD Hydrating Treatment (I apply a thin layer of this about 30-45 minutes before bed and sleep with it on)

I've been using my Mario Badescu Rosewater spray a lot more this winter, too. I used to think it was pointless, but I am finally noticing a difference. 

Same here! Plus, it smells amazing!

40, oily/combo, dehydrated, slowly going mental.

01/20 - AM Skincare:

1. NUDE Skincare Omega Jelly Cleanser - staple, love

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic) - staple, love

3. Su-Man Velvet Brightening Serum - This is a very light serum.  The texture is like snail goo, or what I think snail goo would be - a bit tacky.  It absorbs immediately and feels nice and smooth. Tranexamic acid and and Hyarulonic acid - to plump and brighten skin...

4. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like) - After I finish this pot I might look at a different line.  It is not bad, but could be better.

5. Omorovicza Illuminating Moisturizer (love) - excellent for all skin types I think

Mid-day mask: - I slapped on the Glamglow Hydrating whatever mask for a few hours while wokring this afternoon.

01/20/16 - PM Skincare

1. Rinses off Glamglow hydra mask with water

2. NUDE Skincare Omega Jelly cleasner

3. DDG Medi Spa Peel (very nice)

4. Brain F...art - would have used serum but forgot

5. Omorovicza Rejuvenating Night Cream (love)

6. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

I have a sample of the Omega Jelly Cleanser and have been meaning to try it. If that is what you use on your incredible skin, I am excited to give it a go.

Thank you.

Omega Jelly was surprisngly good.  I apply some onto a dry face.  As you massage it in, the jelly turns into "oil".  I take my time....it feels indulgent.  Then rinse it off with water - which turns the oil to milk.

If you want, you can use a warm wash cloth and wipe it off (as you would  a cleansing oil typically).  

it's my all time favorite. the best.

Hmmm. And here I was thinking I want whatever you're having/using 😉 (I have dry skin!)

Hi Libel!

In winter, my skincare products mimic a dry skincare regimen.  I love (or like) all the products I used today, and they will be absolutely suitable for dry skin I think.  So have at it 🙂

i'm glad i'm not the only one that is in a committed relationship with NUDE omega jelly !

1/20/16: p.m.

my dehydration seems in check today/tonight, my skin is feeling rather plump and happy in that regard. i noticed by this evening i was a bit more oily than usual, though. i have odd congestion in between my brows, closer to the right side of the bridge of my nose. i never get spots here, so it's peculiar. but, even though i can see i have these couple of spots, they're not at all angry, i credit my routine for helping with that (even if it failed to keep them away completely 😉 ). i'm probably the only one that even notices them. i'm not sure what has caused them.

CLINIQUE take the day off balm

NUDE omega jelly cleanser

PIXI glow tonic

MURAD hydrating toner

HYLAMIDE booster HA serum

CLARINS lotus oil

AVEDA botanical kinetics hydrating lotion

TOKYO MILK lip balm (clove cig flavor)

....i won't always post as it's more or less going to be the same. what typically changes is the type of acid (glow tonic, FAB pads, etc), the type of toner, and which facial oil. sometimes i change up serums, but i don't have many. typically my serums are to treat dehydration.

i don't always use eye cream, i bring my serum up to my eyes, and in conjunction with my moisturizer, the skin around them seems happy, for now. plus, no cream is gonna take these hereditary dark circles away ! 😉

this is my skin 2-hours post cleanse / routine. 

skin.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Gorgeous skin!! So glowy 😉 I have dry skin so it's kinda hard for me to have that natural dewiness. Jealous!

8 Replies
testing