Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Too bad... Feel free to repurpose as a bath bar. No reason to continue using it on your face if it doesn't do anything noticeable and you're not specifically enjoying it.

I'm thinking of putting in the guest bathroom for when my sister in law stays over.  

Love threads like these and reading other people's routine! Great idea GC 😉

Age - 26

Skin type - Normal/Dry

Current skin condition - Dehydrated

Environment: Very humid (FL) w/ hard water.

Today, PM:

1. Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remove

2. Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil

3. Hada Labo Rohto Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Foam

4. Clarins Extra Comfort Cleansing Cream (used as a massage cream and left on for 5 mins)

5. Biologique Recherche P50

6. Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence

7. Banila Co. Miss Flower & Mr. Honey Essence Oil

8. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair

9. The History of Whoo Hwanyu Eye Cream

10. Kate Somerville Goat Milk

11. Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask

I fell in love with this History of Whoo eye cream but it's so $$$. Just look at this beauty.

upload_9217957519152194938.jpg

Yes it's beautiful! The whole History of Whoo line is.

Skin Type: Dry

Current condition: hyperpigmentation+redness, recovering from breakouts

Environment: Humid as #@%$@, currently winter "dry" aka normal levels of humidity

Today, AM:

Caudalie Cleansing Milk

Murad Hydrating Toner

Clinique Even Better Essence Lotion for dry/very dry skin

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance serum

OH Youth Activating oil

Tatcha Moisture Rich Silk Cream

Shiseido Ultimune Eye Concentrate

Bare Minerals Renew & Hydrate Eye Cream

Skin Type: normal/dry & sensitive 

Current skin condition: normal but sensitive to chilly wind temperatures. 

AM ROUTINE: *in order of use*

image.jpeg

I dont wear makeup every day and like to keep my morning routine quick and easy. I also don't have any skin concerns: discoloration/acne so I try to just keep things minimal. I am looking for a facial product that has SPF. I don't want to replace my Clinique gel so I am hoping to find something to use in addition to that. 

PM ROUTINE: *in order of use*

image.jpeg

On days I wear makeup, I remove everything with Clinique's Take off the Day cleansing balm and then proceed with the above products. 

I mask ask every now and then. Typically using a Lush mask. I also use the Tony Moly black was pore gel. There's no real routine to this two products. I use then whenever I feel I need them. 

Great idea GC!  

Skin Type: Mostly dry/combo

Current condition: Recovering from some breakouts, prone to hormonal breakouts, some sun damage/age spots and signs of aging are my biggest concerns, easily dehydrated

Environmental: Super dry climate

It took me until recently to realize that my skin does way better when I'm more consistent in my routine, so I'm trying to work on that and resist the urge to constantly test out new things.  I'm near to finishing many of the items in the list below, though, so I'm trying to figure out what's next if I should use some deluxes or full sizes, but I have some stuff in reserve.

AM: 

SKII Oil Cleanser

Koh Gen Do Oriental Plants II Essence

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum (deluxe)

Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum (if needed)

Spritz (varies)

Fresh Age Delay Eye Cream (deluxe)

Clarins Extra Firming Day Cream

REN Vita Mineral Emollient Balm

PM:

SKII Oil Cleanser

Fresh Soy Cleanser (if needed)

Koh Gen Do Oriental Plants II Essence

Retin-a (every other night)

Luna Oil/Good Genes (every other night)

Fresh Age Delay Eye Cream

REN Vita Mineral Emollient Balm

I usually try to mask once or twice per week.  And once  or twice a week, I might use the Radical peel pads or an overnight mask. 

Sister - you were glowing in a recent picture I saw.  Consistency is a good thing.  My skin ceratinly shows when I get lazy about it.

I rotate skincare products all the time based on my skin needs - especially serums.   My AM skincare tomorrow will probably have one or two different products 🙂 

01/17/16 - PM Skincare

1. Tatcha Camelia cleansing oil

2. DDG alpha beta peel pad - extra strength

3. Tata Harper Concentrated Brightening Serum

4. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream

Good night!

Night! ❤️

Awesome thread idea!

Late 20s

Skin type: Normal/dry

Current skin condition: very dry/dehydrated with the weather/climate etc..probably don't drink enough water either -_-

NO MAKEUP ROUTINE: 

AM-

• Cetaphil cleanser
  • Eye cream- Vitamin C eye cream from Winners. I use whatever I have on-hand. 
  • NIVEA daytime moisturizer with SPF 15 and a couple drops of Rosehip Seed Oil

PM- 

• Cetaphil cleanser
  • Estee Lauder deluxe sample of a nighttime eye cream (just using it up)
  • NIVEA nighttime moisturizer with a couple drops of Argan oil or Rosehip

If I'm wearing makeup my PM changes to the following routine:

• OCM with Coconut Oil and I rub that all over my face and take it all off with a cotton pad/towel with water (my face can't handle makeup-wipes/baby-wipes etc. with the makeup- it doesn't react well)
  • I then go in with my cleanser- Biore (any), Body Shop Tea Tree/Seaweed cleanser (depends on what I feel like using)
  • Toner- Body Shop Seaweed toner
  • Same moisturizing routine as noted above under the 'PM' Heading

Once in a blue moon I like to use a facial cleansing brush (Olay brush) or an exfoliator to get rid of the dead skin. I don't overcleanse- my skin has never reacted too great when it's irritated with a whole bunch of things. I have to keep it simple when cleansing. I also do a face mask once a week or every two weeks (Moroccan clay with some ACV and recently have added some oil to counteract dryness)..I use Argan oil on my lashes because I got it in a kit from Josie Maran (2015). It's the 'Light' argan oil. My lashes from one eye have been falling for quite some time. It's too soon for me to know whether it is working or not. As you can tell, I don't have an eye cream that I love or anything and so far I'm just using up things I have lying around lol.

This is everything I do right now. I haven't really tried anything 'hardcore' in terms of skincare. I haven't indulged in 'essences' nor any fancy serums as of yet. I am just trying to keep things simple and so far my skin seems pretty good. I don't wear makeup everyday and when I do, I try to cleanse it all off and moisturize enough as my face is usually dry which is why I have been loving adding oils to my moisturizer. If I change anything up, I will update here...

General comments: Normal/dry skin. Late 20s. Hormonal imbalances every now and then and I get breakouts (my younger self had better skin). Skin is pretty normal in the summer and a bit dry. In the winter, my skin is really dry. Pores are visible on cheeks but not too bad. Chin area usually gets a little congested/clogged pores and I read this has to do with hormones- correct me if I'm wrong or if you have suggestions! Can't think of anything else off the top of my head at the moment but I will update if need be 😃

Jess - you are young, going simple is just fine.

Eat well, drink water, and cleanse face properly.....that is most important.

*I use a space heater all the time in winter in my office, and that has exacerbated the dehydrated skin/eyes*

Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it =). I don't know what's 'right' but I'm usually just trying to keep my skin moisturized. After having my LO my skin has changed for sure but I think I'm getting the hang of it....for now 😛

testing