Answer
agentsculder
Bumpy Skin on Face
(0) Hearts

I have persistently bumpy skin on my forehead.  I've tried using products for acne, and then my skin gets so dry it flakes off!  I think I may need to exfoliate more often, but I'm concerned about irritating my skin.  Any suggestions for a gentle product that may help?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 7
homes
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'm sorry to hear about the bumpy skin on your forehead :smileysad:. From your description, I assume that it's bumpy due to acne? If so, I'd recommend hydrating instead of using products for acne or exfoliating. When I was younger and had acne issues, I made the mistake of treating them with acne products, later to find out that those products were making them worse because what I had to do was hydrate, which many acne products don't do. 

After washing your face gently (let the foam do the work, not your hands or fingers!), splash lotion on to several cotton pads and put them on your forehead, cheeks, chin, wherever you feel needs attention. Keep them on for 10-15 minutes. It's tempting to skip the moisturizer after that, but it's so important to lock in the lotion, so apply one that's extremely hydrating. I've liked Clinique's Moisture Surge and La Mer's Creme de La Mer. It doesn't matter which moisturizer you use, though, as long as you take your time to hydrate and lock it in.  

I hope this helps :smileyhappy:

greenteelatte
Answered
(0) Hearts
I have just started "facing" the same problem about a month ago... Trying to do lots of things but yet to see the results... Wonder what could make those little bumps appear:-((( before the clinique regime (number3) helped to keep my skin under control... For some reason it doesn't work on my forehead anymore... Please post once you notice something helped to get rid of the problem!
melissapieterse
Answered
(0) Hearts

I had also read online that raw organic coconut oil & raw organic honey make for a great cure-all for exzema and facial problems like these! It does seem to help calm my face but hadn't taken the bumps away....

I'll try and get more regular and see if it actually helps! Maybe 3x a week for about an hour (I read the longer the better but it's kinda messy)!

Also try making a homemade apple cider vinegar toner! That stuff is a cure all!

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

The bumpy skin on your forehead may not be acne at all and if I were you I would make an appointment with a dermatologist in your area to get your skin condition properly diagnosed.  I am not a doctor, but a skin condition similar to what you’re describing that comes to mind is milia.  A milium appears as a small white to colorless, dome-shaped bump that develops on the surface of your skin.  Milia are actually small fluid-filled cysts, or simply little globs of protein under the skin and can sometimes be hard to the touch and are usually found on the facial area.  This can be the result of the skin not sloughing off as it normally does, but staying in a pocket on the surface of the skin (the white ball under the skin).  Those just described are known as primary milia.  Secondary milia are small cysts that are found in areas of the skin that have been affected by another skin condition or trauma to the skin most commonly from the use of comedogenic makeup and skincare products that clog the glandular ducts of adults, causing irritation and stimulating oil production.  Stress can also be a trigger of milia.  You should go to a dermatologist to find out if you indeed have milia which needs to be treated from the bottom up with medications or treatments that your doctor recommends.  For reference, here’s an example of what milia often look similar to:
Milia.jpg
Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

maggiem26
Answered
(0) Hearts

Sorry you're having this issue...but THANK GOD someone knows wha it's like other than me!  I've had them all my life though.  I have tiny little bumps on my cheeks, chin, and arms.  They don't look like zits and they're not extremely noticeable, but I HATE them!  When I was little I had them pretty bad...they're very small, look like heat bumps, but they're always there.  I went to a doc then and he told me it was "Karatis Polaris"? I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly, but basically that I have too much keratin in my skin.  It's gotten better as I've gotten older, but they're still there pretty prominently.  I get told all the time I have beautiful skin, and I take very good care of it, but if you look close, you'll see the bumps, and people are surprised when I tell them I don't where any blush...my cheeks and chin are rosy along w the bumps.  I've used every kind of exfoliator out there....from high end to drug store.  Facials, I have a good skin care regimen, I use high quality make-up.  I do a mask once or twice a week....the Boscia black mask, actually, which hydrates and illuminizes VERY WELL!  I wash and moisturize..with the vitaman C power boost mixed in..every morning, and wash and moisturize at night.  I also use the korres under eye cream twice/day.  I mean seriously, what more is a girl to do?  Especially about my arms!  I'm getting married in January and my dress is gorgeous! but it's a halter..and Im frantically looking for a bolero to match so nobody has so see them!  Basically...yes they really suck and I will continue to look for products that help and if I find any I'll definitely post.  Please do the same.  I have taken Raw Sugar...its in a brown package...the granules are bigger than regular sugar...and mixed it with my wash and it helped, I'd have to do it every day to notice a big difference, but I don't think it would be sensitive enough for the face, maybe if you just used a little suger?

Good Luck!  I feel ya sister!

Maggie W.

melissapieterse
Answered
(0) Hearts

Same scenario for me!

Bumpy skin all over, I think it's quite noticeable. Derm prescribed retin A for me and compared it to KP except on my face! I also notice I get rosy cheeks (never used to) and have an occasional milia spot.

She also said use hyaluronic acid so I grabbed a serum off amazon for $10 (and a microneedler with it because why not).

I never want to wear liquid makeup because it looks worse when I do so. I used to have perfect skin- not sure what happened, but I will say i'm under more stress than ever before so maybe that's the culprit for me. Hope my new regimen helps......

maggiem26
Answered
(0) Hearts

OK so I looked up the condition my Dr. had originally diagnosed me with as a little girl and this was the most helpful information...it's from Wikipedia..you can google the name and read the entire article on Wiki, but I found the following to be the most helpful...I'll start searching for products with these ingredients and maybe we can all get some relief!  Good Luck...Hope this helps:

Keratosis pilaris (KP, also follicular keratosis) is a common, autosomal dominant, genetic follicular condition that is manifested by the appearance of rough bumps on the skin. It most often appears on the back and outer sides of the upper arms (though the lower arms can also be affected), and can also occur on the thighs, chest, hands, and tops of legs, flanks, buttocks, or any body part except glabrous skin (like the palms or soles of feet).[1] Less commonly, lesions appear on the face, which may be mistaken for acne.[2] Keratosis pilaris is completely harmless; however the condition can contribute to or exacerbate depression and anxiety.

There are several different types of keratosis pilaris, including keratosis pilaris rubra (red, inflamed bumps which can be on arms, head, legs), keratosis pilaris alba (rough, bumpy skin with no irritation), keratosis pilaris rubra faceii (reddish rash on the cheeks), and related disorders.

SIGNS/SYMPTOMS

Keratosis pilaris occurs when the human body produces excess keratin, a natural protein in the skin. The excess keratin, which is cream colored, surrounds and entraps the hair follicles in the pore. This causes the formation of hard plugs (process known as hyperkeratinization). Bearing only cosmetic consequence, the condition most often appears as a proliferation of tiny hard bumps that are seldom sore or itchy. Though people with keratosis pilaris experience this condition year-round, it is during the colder months, when moisture levels in the air are lower, that the problem can become exacerbated and the goose bumps are apt to look and feel more pronounced in color and texture.

Many KP bumps contain an ingrown hair that has coiled. This is a result of the keratinized skin's "capping off" the hair follicle, preventing the hair from exiting. The hair grows encapsulated inside the follicle.

People with KP are more likely to have eczema and other dry skin conditions. Many people also report poor skin texture mainly on the hands and feet.

Treatment

While there is no cure for keratosis pilaris, there are palliative treatments available. The efficacy of these treatment methods is directly related to the individual's commitment and consistency of use.[citation needed]

Creams containing the acid form of vitamin A, Tretinoin, have been shown to help. Most commonly sold under the trade name Retin-A, it is a topical retinoid medically approved in the treatment of acne. This medicine works by increasing the cell turnover rate of the outer layer of the skin, decreasing the amount of the keratin in the skin. As a result, the surface layer of the skin becomes thinner and pores are less likely to become blocked, reducing the occurrence of symptoms related to acne. While keratosis pilaris is not acne, some believe this action may be of benefit to those with KP as well.[7]

Another retinoid that has the potential to help with keratosis pilaris is Adapalene.[7] Benefits include increased stability when applied in conjunction with other topical medications, such as benzoyl peroxide. Adapalene is a moderator of cellular differentiation, keratinization, and inflammatory processes, having both exfoliating and anti-inflammatory effects.---Wikipedia

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • agentsculder
    • homes
    • greenteelatte
    • maggiem26
    • melissapieterse
Photos1
  • Milia.jpg