Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best exfoliators?

I'm looking for a resuracing, pore minimizing, scar diminishing, and anti-aging exfoliator. I have done my research and realize I'm asking a lot of qualities pertaining to a product. If anyone has suggestions outside of an exfoliator, I'm all ears. I am particularly in the market for an exfoliator and am always open to new skin care suggestions! 

Re: Best exfoliators?

Hi @katgoulding,

I also suggest the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Pads. These pads help with uneven tone and texture, reduce fine lines and wrinkles and enlarged pores.

I also suggest the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@katgoulding Since you have so many specific needs, I recommend reading Paula Begoun's "Beauty Bible" and searching reviews on beautypedia.  I would personally recommend a combination of mechanical exfoliation (I think Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash is great and just gritty enough) and BHA (most products out there with BHA are horrible; the only ones I like are by Paula's Choice; my favorite is the 9%).  Good luck!

For diminishing scars and resurfacing, look for chemical exfoliators with enzyme, glycolic acid, lactic acid etc. Good exfoliation keeps your pores clean so it looks smaller and get rid of dead skin so your wrinkles are softened. For extra anti-aging and help with pores, look for a retinol or vitamin C serum.

For exfoliators, I prefer rinse off types like Tatcha  enzyme powder or Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion. If you like peel pads, DDG alpha beta is a popular one, PTR unwrinkle is also good and my current favorite is Cane Austin Miracle pad. For serums, Perricone Vitamin C or Sunday Riley CEO are great. PTR Retinol PM is popular if you want to go with retinol.

Again, all the skin problems you want to fix requires long term treatments so introduce one new product at a time (so you won't overwhelm your skin) and it may take 2-4 weeks to see results (your skin naturally renews itself every ~28 days ish after all).

I have a pore minimizing exfoliator suggestion: OLEHENRIKSEN Pore-Balance Facial Sauna Scrub.

I redeemed a 100 point perk of this recently and I'm super impressed by how much smaller my pores look after using it. I will definitely be buying a full-size once I finish the sample. 

Spoiler

@katgoulding

Exfoliation is excellent for skin health.  However, I'd suggest managing expectations a bit.

Exfoliation cannot fix scars - if you are talking about raised tissue or pit scars.  You can do that with laser therapy at a doctors office.  If you are talking about post inflammation hyperpigmentation or sun spots, exfoliation along with Vit C and Retinols work great.

I recommend using acid exfoliating pads like @txcatxsuggested - Dr. Dennis Gross.

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peels.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing