Answer
dixybell
BB cream making me break out?
(0) Hearts

I recently started using Two Faced BB cream and although I like it, I've started breaking out.  Is this common for this product?  If so, can anyone suggest a good oil free BB cream?  Thanks!!

Melissa

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 11
jkkw
Answered

melissa - it could just be your skin. and tbh all the bb creams that are out rn, aside frm dr. jart at sephora, are all the 'western' versions of what bb cream is. i use a korean brand called etude house's bb cream and it's like my hg bb cream ever. what i suggest is that you research about the diff brands of asian bb creams and hope that they'll wrk for you? or if not, try the smashbox one and the nars tinted moisturizer - they both seem like good choices!

sydneykitty
Answered
(0) Hearts

the nars tinted moisturizer (basically a BB cream) is soooo beautiful! it gives a gorgeous glow to the face :smileyhappy:

cherrybombtastic
Answered
(0) Hearts

I tried looking at reviews on this product, but I haven't read anything about breakouts, so it may just be your skin. I noticed it contain mica and tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), so that may be something you want to look into in causing breakouts, but it could just be an allergy thing. I hope this helps and good luck!

JillMConnell
Answered
(0) Hearts

It really is trial and error, isn't it? For me, the Juice Beauty CC Cream in Natural Glow is a spot on match and doesn't cause breakouts.  It is actually slowly evening my skin tone, too.  Not a Sephora product but the only BB-style cream that works.  Just got a sample of the Tarte one, too, I will try and report back!

FayeCouturexo
Answered
(0) Hearts

try the smashbox bb cream (:

mm124
Answered
(0) Hearts

Im not sure if this BB cream is oil free, but I have relatively oily skin, and this product works great for me. Try the maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream. Its a drugstore product, so its very cheap, compared to so many other BB creams. However, the maybelline BB cream isnt really a BB cream. Its more of a tinted moisturizer. In fact, most BB creams today are like that. Definitly look for a light tinited moisturizer. I hope this helps :smileyhappy: 

Jpalum
Answered
(0) Hearts

Smashbox BB cream claims it is mattifying and noncomogenic (that non-acne word! lol) but while I did think it was more mattifying/less oily than others I've tried, its still a cream.

MsSASavvy
Answered
(0) Hearts

BB creams totally make me break out. I have tried the revlon and Maybelline. And it is not normal break outs-- like hard under the skin zits that hurt :smileysad:

i have  afew other friends who the same thing happened to.

sophiebean21
Answered
(0) Hearts

I've tried so many! I finally caved and got smashbox because everyone raved but it is too thick for me... Honestly use Garnier over both of these products. But still searching for the perfect one!

prangende
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm in love with the boscia bb cream. I use it on days that I don't want too much coverage and feel like my skin needs a bit of renewing. Boscia is a skincare line, so I felt better buying a bb cream from a company like that, and it's also oil free. Try a sample, I'm sure you'll love it.

valentinamia
Answered
(0) Hearts

I would recommend Dr. Jart's Water Fuse BB Cream, because it is infused with water and is like a drink of water for your skin.  Another good (and cheaper) option is Garnier's BB Cream...which is also nice because it comes in more than one "universal" shade...

Question Stats
  • 11 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • dixybell
    • sophiebean21
    • jkkw
    • sydneykitty
    • Jpalum
    • Camellias
    • mm124