Catcher22

Any suggestions for treating hormonal breakouts?

What do you suggest to treat hormonal breakouts? I have been using the PTR Max Complexion Correction pads for 3 weeks and I haven't noticed a difference. My breakouts are concentrated around my chin. I know diet is a big part, but even when I am eating clean I still break out pretty bad on by chin. I'm 24 and it is time to get this under control! Any suggestions would be amazing!

sn22

Re: Any suggestions for treating hormonal breakouts?

(0) Hearts

I have a major hormonal acne problem too. I am also approaching 24 in a few months, so I can understand your frustration. I have tried a few different birth control pills to see if they would do the trick to calming down my hormones. And I have had good results with Ortho tri-cycline and Beyaz. However, that doesn't completely solve the problem for me. If you get cystic acne around your chin and neck, then you should definitely look into the Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion. It helps to speed up the healing process. I also find that using Retin-A around the area helps to calm down the acne as well.

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

I am the same way! My chin is a huge hormonal breakout spot for me too! What I have found that has worked (I get cysts so they are unpopable) is Dr. Perricone's Firming Toner, and taking a fish oil (Omega 3's) vitamin or Flax Seed Oil. I also try to cut back on my dairy during the time. 

AmiraHall

(0) Hearts

I like Dermadoctor's Ain't Misbehaiving line...the cleanser and topical treatment helps my breakouts.

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

hormonal break outs are the worst!!! I suffer from this as welll :smileysad: but i have found recently that a good gentle toner has made my acne calm down. I am currently using Boots sensitive toner. I spot treat with Origins charcoal mask, and in the morning i use YES TO TOMATOES wipes. I think it has improved my skin. 

melisa16

(0) Hearts

I suffer from hormonal acne too, and it is a hassle. I am seeing a dermatologist in a week so that would be a suggestion. Another suggestion is retinol. I bought one on a whim and I noticed I am not getting barely any acne on my good side and on the other side, they are no longer under the skin. And overall my skin is smoother. 

brittany0859

Murad and Zenmed also have clear skin supplements that are supposed to cure acne from within. They're worth a shot. I've heard really good things about the Zenmed, it's all natural. It uses herbs and stuff to detox your body and skin

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

Really the only way to treat hormonal breakouts is treating through the inside of your body. Topical treatments won't do any good if hormones are controlling your breakouts. A good diet does help, but don't forget about keeping hydrated! Drink at LEAST 8 glasses of water a day. There's no such thing as too much water (actually there is, but it's hard to do). Supplements help a lot. I take Zinc supplements and they help a lot. But don't take too much zinc because it can cause a copper deficiency. Take 30-60 mg a day, only once a day with food because zinc can upset your stomach. If your hormonal breakouts are really bad, then you might want to see a dermatologist. They can prescribe birth control and look into hormonal imbalances.

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

I have seen a blogger who swears by neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask for her hormonal breakouts.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • melisa16
    • brittany0859
    • sn22
    • vanillammm
    • pinkonyx
    • AmiraHall