cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Algenist Real Results Challenge

17_SPH_March_SkincareChallenge_SOCIAL_US[1].jpeg

Hello and welcome to our Vitamin C+ Real Results Challenge! We are so excited to connect here on BeautyTalk to hear about your experience with the Vitamin C+ Serum and share some of our favorite tips.

Our Vitamin C+ Serum is your secret weapon to combating advanced anti-aging and discoloration. This product is a triple threat, formulated with Alguronic acid, microalgae oil and potent vitamin C+. Safe for all skin types, this serum is formulated to minimize the appearance of deep wrinkles and support the most fragile skin areas while visibly reducing the look of age spots and discoloration. The impressive vitamin C boosts brightness and radiance for a uniform complexion.

This is a space for you to discuss the product, hear from others and ask your questions. We are so excited to talk with you all about this powerful serum and answer all of your questions. Please share your challenge results below and feel free to ask us anything!

Re: Algenist Real Results Challenge

I have been using the product for 3 days. I am very happy with the brightening and the extra "glow" I have. I do have a little color on my face from vacation, which helps!! Very interested to see how this product will reducing the spots on my face (sun damage) and most importantly, wrinkles!! Thank you for teaming up with Sephora.

@MCS35 It really does leave your skin glowing! You're so welcome and we're excited to hear about your results!

I really loved what Genious did for my skin, and sadly I can't tolerate the smell. My nose is super sensitive and if my body didn't hate the smell so much I would buy full size. My skin looks more fresh, and feels like it just took a giant drink of water! 

Oh no @lovelymissaimee! We're sorry you don't like the smell. We're glad you saw results however!

I'm very concerned also that I won't be able to use this because of the smell.  It's surprising that Algenist added a strong fragrance. I've only used for one day so I will try a second day but fear I can't use it.  Sorry you can't use it too!

Hi @bbnpa! We added a very minimal amount of fragrance to the product.

I've seen other vitamin C products that are pH dependent when it comes to their effectiveness. In those cases, it is recommended to let the product 'work it's magic' for 15-30 minutes before applying other products, as they could change the pH level of the skin.  Is this the case with the Algenist Vitamin C+ Serum or can you apply moisturizer immediately afterwards?

@lilyraisin you don't have to wait! Just apply your moisturizer immediately afterwards.

Just started today...let's see how it goes !

@Radhi17We're excited to hear about your results! Be sure to keep us in the loop.

Is this safe for nursing mamas to use? Thanks!

Hi @yennj! All Algenist skincare products are formulated to be non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and paraben-free. However, we would recommend consulting your physician for more information.

I've used a lot of Algenist products and I've liked most of them.  The Power line is actually my favorite (which I actually did a similar challenge for the Power line last year when it was offered and have actually bought a couple containers of Power moisturizer and the serum).  

I haven't tried this particular product as of yet, so if Sephora is able to fix their website so that I can make an order before the challenge is over, I'll try it out.

@ghrelin We're so glad that you love our POWER line. Oh no! Were you able to complete your purchase?

@algenist I'm actually a big fan of Algenist products in general.  I'm currently using the last of a large bottle of the firming & lifting cream, I'm halfway through an exfoliater scrub and a mask product from Algenist, and I have an unopened full sized container of the gel moisturizer waiting for me to try (it's a blind buy).  

The only product from Algenist that I've tried and actually hated was the color correcting primer.  It turned darker on my skin and just looked bad.  I did blind buy a full sized container of the GENIUS eye cream which I thought was a nice consistency, but I didn't really notice much of a difference in the anti-aging area and I didn't feel like it was moisturizing enough for my personal needs, so I won't buy it again. 

No, sadly I haven't been able to make an order.  Whenever the site isn't giving me errors of one kind or another when I try to navigate, it's asking me to log in (even though I'm clearly already logged in), but the site won't accept my password for some reason.  I'll probably have to pass on this challenge for that reason.  😞

Hi @ghrelin!

So sorry to hear you're having trouble placing your order. If you would like assistance, please feel free to call our Beauty Advisors at 1-877-SEPHORA 🙂 We're happy to help!

Bisous, 

Sian

I use the Retinol Firming & Lifting serum at night and the Concentrated Reconstructing Serum in the morning before applying one of your moisturizers. How would you suggest incorporating the Vitamin C serum into my routine?

Hi @molkie! That's a great question. You can either replace the Concentrated Reconstructing Serum with our GENIUS Vitamin C+ Serum (it's a more advanced product) or you can interchange the two!

I have the same question, which point in the skincare routine is this product best utilized. I just placed my order, so I am looking forward to adding it to my routine. I am actually currently using the Algenist eye balm and firming cream, so this might be a good time to try 🙂

@Glitternoodle After cleansing, apply to your entire face, under-eye, neck, and décolleté. Follow with your usual moisturizer. Then apply our Complete Eye Renewal Balm around the eye area.

Just ordered mine today! I wonder if it will work better than the Good Genes challenge I am doing right now.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 17_SPH_March_SkincareChallenge_SOCIAL_US[1].jpeg
  • Capture.JPG
testing