Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

There needs to be a wishlist that is SEPARATE from "loves"

I know that Sephora markets their "love" list as a place to save products your actually love AND products you want to try and send to people as a wish list. I hate this! I am partially posting just to get some validation that I am not the only one who feels like this!! There are several flaws with this system:

1) This artificially inflates the popularity of a product when you are considering purchasing. It makes it seems like products that are talked about a lot are highly loved - when in reality it could just be that a bunch of people want to try it. If they separated loves and wish list we could see who wants to try versus who bought and really loves. This would help the products because it would make what I want to buy again more clear but would also help consumers because we would trust the "loves" more to where they might actually sway my opinion on whether to buy. Right now, when I see a highly loved product it's a worthless number. Having 330k loves means nothing when I don't know if people really love it or if they are just interested in trying it.

2) It makes it IMPOSSIBLE to differentiate what I have bought and liked versus what I want to try. When you buy as much makeup as I do you forget what worked and what didn't sometimes. The section that keeps track of my purchases doesn't help either because it includes samples which clutter and confuse the list. I want a clean, self curated list for when I try a product and liked it so much I want to repurchase when I run out (loves) versus things I am interested in and want to buy (wish list). I find myself scrolling through my loves constantly asking myself "Did I try and like that? Why is it here?"

3) Last, but not least, I cannot SEND a wishlist to my family that includes things I have!! If my birthday is coming up and I want makeup, I can't use this feature on Sephora because right now my loves and interests are mixed. I may have added the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation to my loves when I tried it and decided I wanted to repurchase. Now, if I send the list to my family they might accidentally repurchase for me the basically full foundation I already own. When in reality, if I send them a wish list I want them to get a list of products I want but DON'T HAVE! The solution to this currently is to not "love" products that I already own but want to repurchase, however that is a poor solution for brands because in five months when I finish the Tarte foundation if I don't repurchase right away (which I won't because I will have eight other foundations to finish) I will forget about it.

This mixed wish-list/repurchase list doesn't work as either! Both functions suffer as the result of being mixed with other. 

I don't see why I can't have a "love" list and a "wish" list. 

Re: There needs to be a wishlist that is SEPARATE from "loves"

agree 10000x this is my biggest pet peeve with the website!!!

I agree! I use the current love list only as a wish list

I'd love something like this too. Also would LOVE if the website was fixed so I could sign in from my phone so I could check the love list (in any form) when I'm trying to shop. This used to work, why is it still broken?

YAS!

I love this idea!

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes...did I mention yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great idea! I like how Nail Polish Canada does their wish lists. You can add as many as you like, and make them public or private.

Hi SarahBethLV,

Thank you so much for providing this feedback, we appreciate it! I will be sure to pass it along to the appropriate contacts for consideration.

-Stephanie

Totally agree I want to see

WILL REPURCHASE

WISH LIST

WAITING FOR SALE

i think Sephora could mine some good data out of lists like that to target their marketing. 

Yes! 

Or Sephora can just give us full freedom in creating several lists/custom names/custom alerts (just like Amazon). But I think it is too much to ask from the company that has 1 wishlist that can't even filter properly 😄  It's always messed up, sometimes half the list will disappear when going low-high, or start at 120$ when I know I always have those under $10 loves to meet minimums for promos.  

Anonymous Insider

I like this idea too. If that is too much they could simply send a notification of *something on your wishlist is on sale*  like Steam does.

I would love that! It would make it super easy when going to renew my stash of makeup. Especially if they gave you the option to move the items easily between the lists. Like from "Wish list" to  "will repurchase," or "will repurchase" to "waiting for sale" if you found a dupe but still love the OG (aka me and my love affair with Dior Airflash vs Sephora Mist Airbrush foundation)

Thank you!! That is a great idea. I would use those lists like crazy!

Conversation Stats
testing