Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|
Anonymous Insider

Suggestion: Treat discount codes seperate from free product codes OR us to stack codes

I've run into a really annoying issue while shopping on Sephora's website. X% off and free shipping codes are treated the same as the codes for promotional items, so you can't stack them. I think it should be changed so that X% off and free shipping codes are treated separately from other codes. I don't think it is unreasonable to be able to use a free shipping code and get a deluxe sample in the same order.

Alternatively, maybe VIBs and Rouge's should be allowed to stack promotional codes as one of our member perks.

I'm not trying to sound selfish or whiny, but I feel like we're being sucked in by promotions we can't use because of how the policy works.

Re: Suggestion: Treat discount codes seperate from free product codes OR us to stack codes

I agree with this, I think if you are rouge you should be able to stack promotions, also annoying i can't use a my sephora visa card credits with other discounts. I think that should be a perk of being a card member and being rouge.  

Re: Suggestion: Treat discount codes seperate from free product codes OR us to stack codes

I hope sephora reads through all of these! I love this idea!

It's funny to me, wouldn't they want to get products into the hands (faces) of rouge members?  

I agree. I wish we were able to use at least 2 codes on the website. I was happy to be able to use the 20% off coupon but would have also loved to have been able to use a coupon for a deluxe sample or the bag full of goodies.

Maybe like VIBs could have two codes and Rouges could have 3?

Or Rouges could always have 2 and VIBS could have two on events when it's x% off and a sample code.

Anonymous Insider

I like the VIBs get 2 and Rouges get 3 thing. Even though it is such a small thing, I think a lot of us Rouge members would really appreciate it.

I think it would be better for both. I worked hard to earn my VIB status as a poor girl, and I'll never be Rouge. I feel like I was sucked in by these "awesome perks and events" and honestly they are very underwhelming. I would be very disappointed if every single new thing went to Rouge members.

I comepletely agree! I shop at Kohl's online mostly for my son's clothes because you can find a 30% off code somewhere online, but hardly ever get the paper coupon in the mail. And their website always let you enter two codes at a time, so of course I only order with a free shipping code too.

I don't shop online on the site often, but I think the Victoria's Secret website lets you do the same thing.

So while of course allowing two codes is great for us as consumers during a promo, it would also be a good move for Sephora as a company to stay competitive as an online retailer and have their customers feel way more inclined to place orders online.

It def should be.. I just got a shopping code for free shipping but can't use my 20% also..

I think you're right! I hope they give us the code so we use it like a gift card instead of a promo code. I hope they don't change that next month!

I couldn't agree with you more, @AideyA!  I don't usually chime in, but after the recent Fall Beauty Roulette (OK, that isn't exactly the name) where we could receive free shipping, 10% off, or samples, I think the time has come.  I wasn't Rouge at the time and would have really liked to have been able to use the several free shipping codes I received.  A separate line for a free shipping code would have been great!  You (Sephora) offer so many free products as long as we use a code or spend a certain amount or a discount code, but we can only use one:  so do I choose the free shipping, one of the five (for example) free samples, the free sample with monetary expenditure, or the discount?  As someone who shops at Sephora for the products and not the "freebies," I feel I have a slightly different perspective on this issue.  From my perspective (I have a BA in Management as well as an MBA), I see a separate free shipping code and a separate discount code in addition to a free sample code as a feasible business practice.  The free shipping code and the discount code are offered infrequently; from a business perspective, this should be economically viable.  Thus, rewarding your loyal customers and drawing in new customers, which then creates additional revenue, covering the expenses generated by the free shipping and much enjoyed discounts.

Anonymous Insider

Oh the Beauty Fall thing is an excellent example! Tons of codes and there was no point in getting them unless you placed an order every other day. Why give me two totally different promo codes and then not let me use them both?

Especially when they are mediocre by themselves. In combo I would have probably ordered online but by themselves they weren't anything special.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 33 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing